PDA

View Full Version : Mau Mau

Sweet
28-05-2006, 09:59 AM
Yesterday and today Mau Mau has been off her food.

I woke up yesterday to find cat sick on the hallway carpet, it had grass in it.

Today just flem like sick with a very small part of grass in it on the step in the garden.

I know cats/kittens eat grass - my partner says its to settle their tummys if they feel unwell.

Is this right?

Should I take her to the vets tomorrow?

Love, Julie x

Mags
28-05-2006, 10:17 AM
I would think it is most likely that Mau Mau has eaten something outdoors that has disagreed with her, Julie. It is quite normal for cats to eat grass as this helps them get rid of the offending upset in their tums.

Cassie is what I would call an outdoor scavenger, she will eat any insect she sees moving.......a few hours later she is chewing the grass and vomiting.

I'm sure Mau Mau will be alright again in a day or two, she needs to give her tum a rest. Make sure she has plenty of water available. If you don't see any improvement in a couple of days, take her for a check to the vet...

Sweet
28-05-2006, 10:22 AM
Thank you Mags I will keep my eye on her x

Fran
28-05-2006, 12:45 PM
Hope she is feeling better soon Sweet. Let us know how she is...

dandysmom
28-05-2006, 08:54 PM
Mags summed it up; good advice. If she's not OK by tomorrow, I'd take her in. Most cats do eat grass to make themselves throw up something that's not sitting well on their stomachs; some just eat grass because they like it (like salad?)...my Leia eats some every day. Pat Mau Mau for me!

Elaine
29-05-2006, 09:09 AM
How is she today? Hope she is feeling better. xxx

Sweet
29-05-2006, 09:58 AM
Mau Mau seems alot better today, she has eaten her sachet of HiLife meat and now munching at her Hills dry.

Thank you everyone for your replies, it really helped me not to panic - being a new Mummy to my two :).

I gave her a big Pat for you Dandysmom, and she said yes please!!!

Love, Julie x

Mags
29-05-2006, 11:38 AM
Hi Julie! I'm glad Mau Mau is eating and feeling a lot better today!:D

I've had cat for years and still worry about them even now....you just can't help it:-D

Sending hugs to her and Violet!;)

Sweet
29-05-2006, 04:01 PM
Thank you Mags, Violet says mmmmm thank you x

Ruthlynn
31-05-2006, 03:42 PM
Glad Mau mau's feeling better!:D Lily likes grass!.....I think she likes most things though! I've never known a cat eat so much!