PDA

View Full Version : fussy eaters

CathyW
26-05-2006, 08:17 AM
my 2 have decided that they dont like tinned cat food any more, ive tried different brands but it was just left on the plate. (the dog did well) so ive been trying them on dried food, aslo with some go-cat for indoor cats mixed in it, but they think its snack food and not their main meal. so im getting cats falling at my feet telling me they are starving LOL no chance on that, so do i just leave them the dry and tell them to get on with it, or lift the bowl and let them eat say 3 times a day?? or what???

Hreow
26-05-2006, 09:07 AM
That sounds like a plan. Or perhaps leave the dry food for them, give them a mouthful of tinned stuff three times a day and see if they get the hint?
I assume you've checked that it's not their teeth or something like that.

yola
26-05-2006, 09:43 AM
My rabble free-feed on the biscuits . . . I occasionally give them treats but they don't tend to like wet food.

I'd try leaving the biscuits down all the time and see. Again, mine will graze throughout the day rather than wolfing down a whole lot at once.

Sweet
26-05-2006, 09:46 AM
My two have Hills dry which is there all day until its gone, then I re feed them on an evening...Mau Mau has also HiLife wet which she normally eats straight away..Violet has a nibble too ;) x

CathyW
26-05-2006, 11:55 AM
well ive got 4 lots of differnt dried food, and mixed it all together, and put down a cup full. they seem quite happy, got loads of water all round the house.

Donna
26-05-2006, 07:01 PM
Mine were fussy eaters...

Until I got Burns Cat food. Dry food is put down in the morning, enough for them to nibble throughout the day, then I feed them in the evening - anytime between 7pm and 9pm. They have wet then (usually cod fillets) and they eat that really well too, so no food wastage here for me anymore!!!

CathyW
26-05-2006, 07:34 PM
i just cant keep up with them, im just gonna make sure the bowls topped up and let the graze.:D

andrew021
31-05-2006, 01:46 PM
My cat, now 2, was raised on Whiskas kitten food for her first year. As an adult I changed her to Felix and she will not eat anything else.

I bought Whiskas - Oh So Tasty on Monday as a change for her, she sniffed at it and walked away. I tried her again last night with a different flavour and the same thing happened. I had to throw it out and give her, her felix.

I have more cat food in the cupboard that she wont eat than what she will. Think its a shame to throw it out but have no other option.

Again with the Fleix she will not eat certain fish varities but loves the meat.

I also feed her biscuits and prawns as a treat which she adores.

Maybe I have just got a fussy eater.

Mags
31-05-2006, 01:51 PM
Andrew, it seems such a waste to throw out all the cat food that your cat doesn't like........have you got a rescue centre near you where you could donate it ......I'm sure they would be more than grateful for it...

Moli
31-05-2006, 01:58 PM
My lot will only eat, chicken /duck & rabbit biscuits 2 of them chicken, 2 of them will eat fish...and only wet food with gravy, they don't like jelly!

Donna
31-05-2006, 02:48 PM
Andrew, it seems such a waste to throw out all the cat food that your cat doesn't like........have you got a rescue centre near you where you could donate it ......I'm sure they would be more than grateful for it...

Or even a neighbour???????????

I gave all my Whiskas to the old lady up the road who has a cat - could not throw it away and she was really happy to receive the cat food!

Ruthlynn
31-05-2006, 03:44 PM
Lily has Oscars and really likes it. If we've got left over chicken and veg after a roast, she has that too - in place of the Oscars. She's always after food!

Kim
31-05-2006, 04:45 PM
Mine love the Feix 'As good as it looks' hardly ever any leftover! They also all love the Royal Canin sensitive. I do understand how fussy they can become though, I have tried various foods and a lot of it has ended up at the Animal Sanctuary. Our dog will 'steal' the cats food given half a chance but it really isn't good for them. ;)

CathyW
31-05-2006, 07:15 PM
ive been doing the little and often today,boy have i got attentive cats LOL seems to be working ok.