PDA

View Full Version : Bets being taken

Naomi
23-05-2006, 01:28 PM
Right hubby has promised me that next week the garage is gonna go up. He's booked a week off work to get it done and my dad and his dad are gonna help him.

Right who reckons it'll be put up next week?

I'm certainly not gonna hold my breath. For those of you who don't know the saga of the garage here it is.

We bought a double garage....ooo gotta be what....3 years ago and it STILL isn't up yet :shock: It has progressed from the front garden to the back garden so that's something :D

The winner get's ermmmm......a kiss and cuddles off Moli kitten :D

Mags
23-05-2006, 02:15 PM
Depends on the weather Nae!;) Three grown men shouldn't take long to do it.......what is it made of?

Naomi
23-05-2006, 02:38 PM
It's steel. Came as a kinda flat pack thingy.

Weather forecast is meant to be dry

Fran
23-05-2006, 02:58 PM
You are just gonna have to borrow Kazz's big stick to keep them all in line and working hard Nae :-D Really hope it gets done for you. 3 years is a long wait :shock:

Mags
23-05-2006, 03:03 PM
A flat pack should be easier to do (as long as it's not MFI:-D:-D:-D)

Jac
23-05-2006, 03:24 PM
If he's anything like mine and it sounds as if he is..................................the middle of June;)

Naomi
23-05-2006, 03:30 PM
:lol: don't say that Jac

Ahhh not a bad idea that Fran........KAZZZZZZ!!!!!! Can i borrow your big stick please? :D

Well Mags, according to the instructions it should take 3 people approx 1 day to put up, those that do this as a profession can put it up in 4 hours.

Jac
23-05-2006, 03:45 PM
Hehe so that will be a month then:lol: :lol:

Sweet
23-05-2006, 04:00 PM
;) cannot wait for updates and pics x

Naomi
23-05-2006, 04:56 PM
Neither can I Sweet :D

Kazz
23-05-2006, 07:14 PM
I have faith, in him. I don't think we've got to this position so far before have we where he has made arangments to do it. (note; how I say "we" this has been going on so long it feels like my garage too)

So I say YES he will do it with days to spare and also may do soemthing else to ;)

dinahsmum
23-05-2006, 07:18 PM
That would be great Nae! (and then you can really get into the gardening :roll: )
Fingers crossed for good weather.

Naomi
23-05-2006, 07:48 PM
Yep Kazz you're right, he's never actually set aside a specific time when he's gonna do it. He has said that if we have the money he'll even get the paint to paint the exterior of the house :shock:

Too right DM once it's up it's all hands on deck to shift the rubbish out of the garden and get rid of the shed that's on my patio so hopefully when the nice weather comes along...I'll have a patio area to sit on yippeeee!!!!!

I'm still praying morning, noon and night that it's dry next week. Long term forecast says it's gonna be overcast but no rain.

Donna
23-05-2006, 08:08 PM
Hoping the weather stays good, and he keeps his enthusiasm Nae!!

dandysmom
23-05-2006, 09:06 PM
Do any of thrm have experience in doing this sort of thing? Assembling a garage seems pretty complicated...??

Naomi
23-05-2006, 10:17 PM
Hubby was brought up on a small holding so can do most things, he's never actually put a garage up tho :?

With the instructions, just to make things easier there were not only 5/6 pages of written instructions and diagrams but also a DVD so fingers crossed it won't look like the leaning tower of Pisa when they've finished with it :lol:

Moli
23-05-2006, 10:29 PM
He will probably surprise you Nae, get it done soon and paint the oputside of the house!

Kazz
23-05-2006, 10:58 PM
I doubt it will be to complicated - 4 sides possibly the longer of the two sides in sections that slot together :) the the back , then the roof (possibly also in sections) and then guttering, doors, side (personal door) possibly and then windows if any possibly two. ;) I have never put a garage up; but it makes sense to me, as to whats involved. Plus of course anchor points to secure it to the base, making it obcvious as to which way up it goes.
The most complicated could be the door unless they are side opening doors, but on consideration an up and over door should though be simply a case of screwing the relevants bits into place on the structure itself.then onto the door.

And tell him I have faith in him, :) and I think you may well get the house painted too with the weather holding off.

Karen