PDA

View Full Version : Look Mum, there's a ginger tom ----

logoes
22-05-2006, 03:32 PM
Our nextdoor neighbour told me yesterday that a ginger tom had been through their cat flap and eaten their cat's food. Today I looked out of the window and saw a "frozen" India, staring at something out of my sight. I popped into the sunroom which gives a good view of most of the back garden and there, sat on the step of the shed was the ginger tom. Quite a smart little lad, looked a bit on the skinny side but otherwise O.K..After a few minutes India got up and did that "I'm not looking at you" walk away, and jumped up onto the terrace wall giving herself the advantage of looking down on the interloper.

Some time passed while he knew, she knew and I knew that she was watching him and eventually she decided Well it's her garden and there are her mice under the bird feeders that she has to chase, so she popped off the wall and crossed the grass, slipped under the fence and sat down, all the time the ginger tom had been stretching himself taller and taller to watch her.
Then the phone rang and by the time I got back the ginger tom had departed and India was carrying out a careful check of everywhere he had been.

Now , of course, I am wondering if he is a stray, he isn't wearing a collar. If he is a stray will India get to accept him, and do I (hopefully) have a chance of once more having a ginger tom. All speculation at this moment, but will keep you posted if he begins to turn up regularly and will come for food, Logoes

Mags
22-05-2006, 03:46 PM
He sounds quite a friendly cat, Logoes........I too, love ginger toms!

You'll have to try to get a pic of him for us to see!;)

dinahsmum
22-05-2006, 03:51 PM
A ready made ginger tom just turning up in your garden? How wonderful!
We have Wallace who lives across the road but he doesn't come visiting! I hope your visitor returns.
I love the way cats congregate, communicate (silently and inscrutably, of course) then disperse. It's just us who can't join in their conversations. :)

Sweet
22-05-2006, 04:30 PM
Lovely story :) x

Hreow
22-05-2006, 05:38 PM
India, the cat-chess master! :-)

Kazz
22-05-2006, 05:43 PM
Well lucky you a ginger Tom FOC. :D

I too adore the way cats get together and "communicate have you read the book Stray. Seems to sum it up to me.

Fran
22-05-2006, 07:37 PM
I hope you and India manage to befriend him. He sounds a lovely boy. Keep us posted!