PDA

View Full Version : RIP Poppy. May-1990 - 21st May 2006

Luz
21-05-2006, 08:49 PM
Poppy went with the dignity she always had. Such a beautiful lady.
I took her final pictures. This is her last night.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v671/laurakirkham/DSCF0152.jpg
Not a well woman as you can see. I wish you had known her when she was a young girl. So vibrant and always a lady.
This is her final picture. She went into the carrier after the visit from the vet yesterday so she doesnt have any bad thoughts associated with it.
Final picture to share with you:-
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v671/laurakirkham/DSCF0157.jpg
She went downhill last night and was labouring to breath, the vet was right it could of been days or a month. Today was the right day for her. A comfort is I did it at the right time. Run free my pretty one!
Here is her grave being dug with my Northern Inuits supervision.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v671/laurakirkham/DSCF0159.jpg
Her box with my dog. They were so, so remorseful today I cannot describe it. They loved her so much.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v671/laurakirkham/DSCF0163.jpg

dandysmom
21-05-2006, 09:01 PM
Luz, thank you for sharing her with us; she was a lovely cat. I know how much you're hurting now but you did the right thing; she's not facing any pain now, and you got to say goodbye to her. I just don't have the words to express it better, but the pain will ease. RIP, Poppy.

Luz
21-05-2006, 09:08 PM
Luz, thank you for sharing her with us; she was a lovely cat. I know how much you're hurting now but you did the right thing; she's not facing any pain now, and you got to say goodbye to her. I just don't have the words to express it better, but the pain will ease. RIP, Poppy.
Thankyou that means alot. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Fran
21-05-2006, 09:11 PM
I'm rather lost for words and have tears in my eyes and I am choked :(

RIP Poppy you were such a pretty girl x

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v669/pretty1kitty/Rainbowbridge.jpg

Elaine
21-05-2006, 09:11 PM
Oh Luz, big hugs to you and your family. xxx
Poppy was simply beautiful.
R.I.P. Sweet girl xxx

EmmaG
21-05-2006, 09:17 PM
RIP sweet girl :(

Moli
21-05-2006, 09:22 PM
Run Free gorgeous girl....xx

Mags
21-05-2006, 09:45 PM
Thank you for sharing Poppy's last photos with us Luz....she was such a beautiful girl....

Run free dear Poppy.......xx

Luz
21-05-2006, 09:50 PM
Thankyou all, you have been a great support when I need it the most. Your all lovely.xxx

JemBob
21-05-2006, 10:12 PM
am so sorry luz :( to be honest I don't like looking in this part cause it makes me realise that one day oscar n rocky will leave me and it's an awful thought!
Cause some people think its silly but our pets play a huge part in our lifes there more or less like our own flesh and blood

yola
21-05-2006, 10:16 PM
A beautiful tribute to a beautiful cat. Luz, thanks very much for sharing Poppy's last moments with us. It was lovely to have met her . . .

Take care and remember all the good times you had with Poppy.

Big hugs.

Hreow
21-05-2006, 10:22 PM
Not well, but dignified and wise. You did the right thing at the right time, but that is little comfort with such a loss. Thank you for sharing her life and the final journey. Run free Poppy! Enjoy the butterflies at the bridge. Luz - our shoulders to cry on may be virtual, but no less there for you, until the happy memories surface again.

Donna
21-05-2006, 10:24 PM
RIP Poppy x

Luz
21-05-2006, 10:48 PM
am so sorry luz :( to be honest I don't like looking in this part cause it makes me realise that one day oscar n rocky will leave me and it's an awful thought!
Cause some people think its silly but our pets play a huge part in our lifes there more or less like our own flesh and blood
I know exactly what you mean, I was ever fearful once now I will never shy away from anyone's loss as have been through the worst month I think to me I have ever had.
She was a truely beautiful girl and so loyal. I could take her anywhere and she would seek me out. I am not alone tonight. I have Sophie on my desk. But funnily enough its the dogs who miss her the most. I am surprised.

Luz
21-05-2006, 10:49 PM
A beautiful tribute to a beautiful cat. Luz, thanks very much for sharing Poppy's last moments with us. It was lovely to have met her . . .

Take care and remember all the good times you had with Poppy.

Big hugs.
Yola, I wont ever ever get over losing her, she was such a fantastic girl. Almost human I think. 16 is young for her I saved her many times and lost her far too soon.:(

borderdawn
21-05-2006, 10:52 PM
Lovely Poppy, such a dear old soul, at peace now and in a better place.
Dawn.

Luz
21-05-2006, 10:52 PM
Not well, but dignified and wise. You did the right thing at the right time, but that is little comfort with such a loss. Thank you for sharing her life and the final journey. Run free Poppy! Enjoy the butterflies at the bridge. Luz - our shoulders to cry on may be virtual, but no less there for you, until the happy memories surface again.
You know she was such a lady she didnt bother the butterflies. I lost a courageous, dignified lady today I dont think many cats match her.
To me anyway.
I have her on camera Hreow so virtuality lives on!:)

Luz
21-05-2006, 10:53 PM
Lovely Poppy, such a dear old soul, at peace now and in a better place.
Dawn.
I know Dawn wish here was the better place though.:(

Kazz
21-05-2006, 10:55 PM
She will always live on in your heart and in your dreams. You did the best you could and at the end you took a descision to let her ends her days peacefully and without pain, there can be no greater display of love.

Take care she was indeed a special lady.

Kim
21-05-2006, 11:16 PM
So sorry to hear about Poppy Luz, what a lovely lady. Thank-you for sharing her last moments with us. You did a very brave and selfless act and we all know how hard it is to say goodbye. She will always be in your heart & memories. Goodnight Poppy.

Luz
21-05-2006, 11:16 PM
She will always live on in your heart and in your dreams. You did the best you could and at the end you took a descision to let her ends her days peacefully and without pain, there can be no greater display of love.

Take care she was indeed a special lady.

I know Kazz, She was my faithful friend. She was so in tune with me we walked the dogs together. Slept together. Ate together. Gardened together ( she basked I worked ). Watched tv together. Cooked together.... everything together.
I love my dogs but she was such a loyal companion which comes with time I know 16 years is a long time but she left too early.
I woke this morning and she was labouring breathing, so the vets diagnosis was correct. It was going to be a matter of days. I did not feel I was doing a bad thing today. The vets at Hadrian were great and felt they treated her with the respect she deserved.

Kazz
21-05-2006, 11:43 PM
I did not feel I was doing a bad thing today.

Neither do I its a choice we all have to make at some time or another, and hopefully as you did we make the right one, at the right time.

Take care Karen

Luz
22-05-2006, 12:53 AM
Neither do I its a choice we all have to make at some time or another, and hopefully as you did we make the right one, at the right time.

Take care Karen
I am older and wiser from today. I will not forget your words of wisdom to help me through this horrible day.

Luke
22-05-2006, 07:14 AM
RIP Poppy...such a gorgeous old gal..have fun with Barney at the bridge:(:(

Sweet
22-05-2006, 07:40 AM
R.I.P. Poppy x

Naomi
22-05-2006, 08:11 AM
Laura I'm so sorry you have had such a bad few weeks.

You really did make the right decision for her. She was beautiful. In the last picture it looks almost as if she's saying 'Thank You' for letting the pain go away.

Thank you so much for sharing the pictures with us.

dinahsmum
22-05-2006, 09:57 AM
Sweet Poppy
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/16/16_4_10.gif

Hope you are feeling OK today Laura. You know you did the right thing. It is our last loving responsibility, and our final privilege to spare our friends unnecessary pain or distress.

logoes
22-05-2006, 02:48 PM
Oh, how those pictures made me cry, she was so like my little Melba that I had to let go six months ago,. I thought I was over the loss, but you never really get over it do you -- I do feel SO MUCH for you. Logoes

bobbie3917
22-05-2006, 04:12 PM
RIP, Poppy
run free and chase butterfly's at the bridge little

Booktigger
22-05-2006, 04:57 PM
What a lovely tribute, and a lovely lady. I am glad you know in yourself that it was the right time, and that it was the best thing for her. RIP little one.

Jeanette
24-05-2006, 08:12 AM
Oh Laura... I'm so sorry:(

I hope you will never have a month like this again:(

Poppy is running free with Barney and without pain.

Hugs Jeanette

janey83
24-05-2006, 11:59 AM
Awww.
Those pictures made me cry.
You must be so sad now that she has gone.

R.I.P Poppy.