PDA

View Full Version : Cleo is under the weather

Kazz
19-05-2006, 08:29 PM
Cleo is under the weather something is wrong, :( I think she either jarred her back or her back legs or something she was having trouble walking earlier this week. She managed it but you could see she was not happy, although it appears in no discomfort letting me touch/move her legs and back rather than rush her to the vets I decided to try something a little different massage :shock: gentle circular motions either side of her spine, and the the bit where her back legs join her tail, and blow me it seems to have worked.:-D she is still a little under the weather not quite herself which worries me slightly. But her "back" problem appears to be solved.

borderdawn
19-05-2006, 08:57 PM
Poor Cleo, can you help my back too Kazz? :) Hope her legs improve too, maybe its the nasty wet weather.
Dawn.

bobbie3917
19-05-2006, 08:59 PM
i hope its just a spran or something that will heam quickly

dandysmom
19-05-2006, 08:59 PM
Kazz, is she eating & using the box OK? Taking them to the vet is so stressful; I'm glad that the massage seems to have helped!Hope she keeps improving...

Mags
19-05-2006, 09:12 PM
I'm glad the massage seemed to help her Kazz, I hope she improves over the next couple of days.......please keep us updated;)

Kazz
19-05-2006, 09:13 PM
Kazz, is she eating & using the box OK? Taking them to the vet is so stressful; I'm glad that the massage seems to have helped!Hope she keeps improving...

Yes she uses her litter box fine - she goes out too but I think she finds the box easier now :) and she eats fine, quite a lot actually.
She has just finished her Friday night portion of fish shop cod. She has a mini fish to herself :-D But all in all she appears to be generally okay but not herself does that make any sense - it does to me.:roll:

Kazz
19-05-2006, 09:16 PM
Poor Cleo, can you help my back too Kazz? :) Hope her legs improve too, maybe its the nasty wet weather.
Dawn.

Thanks Dawn the weather is bad very wet, :shock: but I don't think its that, I think she may have jarred her legs/back or something but the massage seems to have helped either that or it would have sorted itself and my massage has done nothing :roll: but make me feel better actually that will be right.:-D

Moli
19-05-2006, 09:17 PM
Sorry to hear she is a bit off colour Kazz, I know what you mean, as you know her so well, you will notice the slightest difference in her...

Kazz
19-05-2006, 09:17 PM
i hope its just a spran or something that will heam quickly

Me too, Thanks

Fran
19-05-2006, 09:27 PM
Poor Cleo :( Hope she will back to her 'normal' self soon Kazz...they are such a worry aren't they?, especially at the age Cleo is..

Kazz
19-05-2006, 09:33 PM
Poor Cleo :( Hope she will back to her 'normal' self soon Kazz...they are such a worry aren't they?, especially at the age Cleo is..

She has me concerned Fran - which is not like me I normaly can brush off little hicups in her health but something ain't quite right. I don't think the back/legs thing is related to the under lying problem, but a red herring the thing is nothing jumps out. I will just monitor her.
She isn't bad going to the vets unlike Oscar who hated it. Cleo loves everyone, and is certain everyone wants to admire her :roll:

Fran
19-05-2006, 09:36 PM
She has me concerned Fran - which is not like me I normaly can brush off little hicups in her health but something ain't quite right. I think the back/legs thing is related to the under lying problem thing is nothing jumps out. I will just monitor her and keep and eye on it.

She isn't to bad going to the vets unlike Oscar who hated it. Cleo loves everyone, and is certain everyone wants to admire her :roll:

All the same, I hope it won't be necessary for her to see the vet x

Kazz
19-05-2006, 09:53 PM
All the same, I hope it won't be necessary for her to see the vet x

Me too she has me concerned :?

Elaine
20-05-2006, 08:16 AM
Poor Cleo, so sorry Kazz. I dont want to make you panic or anything, but it may have to do with the crf, I am sure you probably know that and dont want to sound all preachy or anything. These things used to happen to Winston too, funnily enough i too used to massage his old weary bones and it did make a small diffference. I also used to give Winston and vitamin B with iron supplement, which he quite liked, to help try to with all the other illnesses such as anemia. My own personal opinion is that it helped a great deal.
Thinking of you both xxx

dinahsmum
20-05-2006, 09:17 AM
Late in on this one. Sorry.
Just hope she's more herself today. x

Emm
20-05-2006, 11:04 AM
I hope Cleo is feeling better today - please give her a big hug from me

yola
20-05-2006, 01:11 PM
Kazz, hope it's just a bit of an off day for Cleo, being so damp maybe she's got a touch or arthritis. However you do know her best; and I'm certain if in any doubt you'll have her at the vets asap.

All the best!!

Sweet
20-05-2006, 04:19 PM
Hope Cleo is ok today x

Elaine
20-05-2006, 05:12 PM
How is she today Karen? Hope she has picked up again. xxx

Kazz
20-05-2006, 05:32 PM
Thank you for asking. I do appreciate your concern, thanks.

Cleo's back/legs are much better she is able to lie down as normal rather than falling over to lie down. But as I say her legs/back on on the mend that way. :D
But there is something wrong I can't quite pinpoint it, so can't see the point in going the vets to say there is something wrong but she is eating, drinking etc. I am not sure anyone else would spot it, maybe I know her too well.:roll:
She may just feel under the weather with all these storms etc, she hates the wind. But I think its something else, I'll wait and see but I am happy to report she is under constant observation ;)

I hope she picks up soon, as I am more stressed by this than she seems to be:roll: .

Mags
20-05-2006, 05:50 PM
Pleased to hear Cleo's legs are much better today Kazz......
Also I hope that little 'inkling' you have got is nothing serious.....

dinahsmum
20-05-2006, 05:52 PM
Cats do hate the wind - and it had been very windy
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/28/28_2_9.gif

borderdawn
20-05-2006, 06:36 PM
I suppose at her age we should expect them to have "off days" she sounds better though Kazz, so thats good news.
Dawn.

Donna
20-05-2006, 07:16 PM
Just caught up with this thread. Hope Cleo is feeling more herself today. It could be one of a hundred things - I have days where I just dont feel quite myself but couldnt tell you what was wrong! Maybe a bug or virus thing?? Am sure all animals can feel like we do when we get a cold or something.

Keep us updated Kazz.

Elaine
20-05-2006, 07:23 PM
Glad she is feeling a bit better Kazz. I know what you mean when you say things are not right but cannt put your finger on it. All you can do is keep your eyes open for any signals they can give us. She is a very beautiful and special old girl and I wish you both well. xxx

Kazz
20-05-2006, 08:37 PM
Thank you all for the nice kind words, and I know you mean them.