PDA

View Full Version : Jasmine

Naomi
18-05-2006, 12:53 PM
Well I went out and bought myself a Jasmine plant today and potted it up. The shop didn't have any Clematis or Honeysuckle left :(

Wonder how long the Jasmine is going to last?

Habby's gonna have a fit when he get's home cos all round my front door I have plants.

Well he said he wanted somethng to brighten the garden up with....:D

Hreow
18-05-2006, 02:44 PM
Jasmine's nice. Very smelly. :grin: Mine's small enough that it only scents the air vaguely. A few houses back, the jasmine could stun a heffer at fifty paces. :-)

I've grown clematis from seed - the yellow-flowered variety that turns into white fluff when they go over. Tangutica. Maybe you could try that, if you get desperate? Still have some of the seeds, I think, but I wouldn't want to vouch for the life left in them. I can look at the label to find out where I got them, though.

Naomi
18-05-2006, 04:12 PM
I think I'll let hubby recover from the shock of this lot first :lol:

yola
18-05-2006, 04:52 PM
Nae . . . doesn't your husband like flowers or something??? ;) Jasmine is pretty, my Mum has loads of it and it is very pungent when in full flower. Nice-smelling though :-D

Fran
18-05-2006, 06:02 PM
I love Jasmine Nae. Hope you are going to take some piccies for us ;)

Jac
18-05-2006, 06:33 PM
I love Jasmine too. I bought some a while ago. It's in a pot in a hoop shape. When it was in flower the smell was great.

Mags
18-05-2006, 06:35 PM
Jasmine is lovely Nae and has such a nice smell.....

Naomi
19-05-2006, 07:27 PM
Well he's not even noticed that i've bought the Jasmine so I think I've got away with it :D

Kazz
19-05-2006, 08:18 PM
Glad your Jasmin is going well, but can I ask does he not like any plants your hubby.

I couldn't abear anyone telling me I couldn't have plants :shock: I'd go into shock. :-D