PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have sainsburys pet insurance?

moggymommy
16-05-2006, 07:29 PM
I was having a wee look around at insurance for Ziggy and it looks like sainsburys is cheapest by miles and cover provided for vets fees etc is very impressive compared to some of the dearer insurers who cover for less.

I cant help wondering if its too good to be true :?

Are they any good?

I've never bothered with pet insurance before, I qualify for pdsa pet aid for angel as I'm a single parent, although I've never needed to use it (touch wood) I'm not sure whether or not to insure them both, it doesnt seem quite right to give Ziggy preferential treatment does it?!
It would be less than £8 a month to insure both.

Fran
16-05-2006, 07:44 PM
Never insured with Sainsburys. I only deal with Petplan and National Farmers Union for the horse insurance. Is that price for a cover for life policy?

candyshandy
16-05-2006, 08:22 PM
I have Sainsburys and it is a cover for life policy - BUT - you only have a pot of £6500 per illness. Once thats gone thats it.

Sweet
16-05-2006, 08:51 PM
I use Petplan x

Booktigger
16-05-2006, 09:42 PM
I use Sainsbury's, not actually got any money out of them yet though, need to ring them tomorrow to find out what has happened to my claim. As Candice says, it is per illness rather than for life, but as Pebbles was 10 when I insured her, I decided that it was worth doing - there are very few companies that will insure oldies, and PetPlan isn't one of them sadly.

moggymommy
16-05-2006, 11:28 PM
She will have the 6 weeks insurance when I get her so I think I'll wait and see what its like.

The sainsburys quote I got was wrong anyway so a bit more shopping around to do yet.

Hreow
17-05-2006, 06:20 AM
Hopefully you *won't* see what it is like in the first six weeks. Save that for the last of the next twenty, if you must. ;-)
You do have some time, and you might get a good deal out of the company she's insured with now, if you call and act/are doubtful whether to continue it.

moggymommy
17-05-2006, 10:11 AM
Oh yeah!
I just meant I'd get to see what its like by looking through the documents :)

Touch wood I wont have to really see what its like! :shock:

honeybunny
17-05-2006, 02:40 PM
I have Sainsbury's and made a claim when my mad youngster decided to eat some red spaghetti (also known as the elastic off a cat toy) one Saturday evening. They paid up without any problems and as I remember reasonably promptly too