PDA

View Full Version : Spring fever hits late - small boy traumatised.

Snoof
15-05-2006, 11:01 AM
Ninja's been taking a brief break from humanity to explore the top floor (just petted him for a bit whilst feeding and found a screw attached to his magnetic catflap key :lol:). What Ninja really likes to do, toys or no toys, is rampage back and forth. At night, you can lie in bed and listen to him.

Kerdunk, kerdunk, kerdunk, kerDUNK, kerDUNK, kerDUNK, KERDUNK, KERDUNK, KERDUNK, kerDUNK, kerDUNK, kerDUNK, kerdunk, kerdunk, kerdunk... Up and down the stairs, side to side on the top floor, down the hall into the kitchen and back... It's all good as long as he's barrelling headlong in some direction or another.

This is something he just does, sometimes taking brief breaks. It's especially popular when he's taking a break from humanity, which he usually does after being exceedingly brave (I think the trigger for this one was the time he came in and let me pet him from my seat on the sofa).

So this morning Random and I are in the lounge. He's made two monsters out of MegaBlocks (special monster edition) and is showing them to me when suddenly... Thunder rumbles, getting louder... louder... VROOM! A black shadow jumps into the lounge, comes to an abrupt halt at Random's feet and races the other way. It took maybe a second (he can turn on a dime if he fancies it :lol:).

So when we got to the Health Visitor's for Random's developmental assessment (he recently turned four) he happily and proudly told her "Inja scared me, and Random scared Inja!"

Took some explaining, that one :lol:

Hreow
15-05-2006, 11:39 AM
That's one boy passing his assessment with flying colours and his mum in the doghouse. :-)

Rover quite likes his racing about as well. I've crippled him by putting small treats here and there, though. means he has to stop and explore (and give us five seconds peace) mid-sprint. Good for his tumbling-skills as well, when his front end stops on a sudden treat, but the rest continues. :grin:

Think Ninja has found the perfect coping-strategy. Nothing like a mad run when life gets too confining. Gets rid of all the stress and is good for you.

Naomi
15-05-2006, 11:45 AM
:lol: :lol: brilliant :D

Moli used to have her 10mins of maddeness, she stil does from time to time but it's normally.....

windowsill, bonet of car, roof of car, leap to top of bin and back again :D

yola
15-05-2006, 11:55 AM
Balie recently been screaming round the house as if he's got a wasp under his tail. Daft old cat - reverting to kittenhood methinks, wailing for all he's worth too ;)

Snoof - Random's comment made me smile!!! I hope the HV had a sense of humour too :roll:

Snoof
15-05-2006, 11:57 AM
Ninja doesn't seem to do it outside, but when he's outside he's also substantially more skittish than inside. If nobody's up he'll do it ground floor to first floor, but when he's taking a break from humanity or Matt is about in the study he does it on the top floor :-D It's very soothing to listen to when I'm drifting off to sleep...

Donna
15-05-2006, 04:45 PM
My two - especially Misty - have mad evening moments. UP and down the stairs - chasing tails - playing catch and just running about for the sheer fun of it!! Tis great to watch!

CathyW
15-05-2006, 06:33 PM
mine start their mad zooming around the flat normally about 9-30 pm just when mummys settled down to watch a film or read a book. god being used as a trampoline to 2 cats :shock: