PDA

View Full Version : Frontline - no longer a POM

Booktigger
14-05-2006, 10:29 AM
Frontline has been marked down, so can now be bought without a prescription - but only applies to the normal Frontline, but not Combo - also applies to Dog Frontline. And (I didn't know this), Drontal also isn't a prescription only drug. Here is a link to a site to get them, and they are a lot cheaper than my vets

http://www.bestpetpharmacy.co.uk/np_search.asp?search_type=ca

Fran
14-05-2006, 10:47 AM
Yes I heard this and what good news it is!! I always buy my wormers from an online pharmacy at it works out so much cheaper and now I can get the frontline too. Incidently, you don't have to get your prescription drugs from your vet. You can get them to issue a prescription which I don't think they now charge you for and get the drugs from one of the vet pharmacies. Works out a lot cheaper if you have a pet on regular meds..

Booktigger
14-05-2006, 10:52 AM
I know, that site sells them at a fraction of the price my vet charges, and free p & p.
Well, my vet recently had to change the way they issue things cos of a change in the law, and I asked if I could be given a prescription for it, and they said they werent doing that, although when I was there this week they have a poster up saying that you can get a prescription, so I was going to get one for Frontline, but dont need to now!! Will certainly do it if any of mine have to be on long term meds - Tom is on Cystaid which isnt prescription only, but they only sell them in bottles of 250 tabs!!

Emm
14-05-2006, 10:53 AM
this is excellant!

I remember when I was in France and you could buy Frontline at the Pharmacy.