PDA

View Full Version : reggies got a flea allergy

CathyW
13-05-2006, 09:31 PM
so i think, but cant find any fleas on him, he hasnt been out in 2 years so how can he have got the fleas?? he going to the vet this week. got some nasty looking sore spots on him, where hes scratched it. cant put a collar on him thats where the sore spot is.

Hreow
13-05-2006, 09:43 PM
You wouldn't necessary find any fleas. Flea-dirt more likely to find. And flea-eggs can live for *years* in carpets/cracks. Fleas also occasionally hitch a lift on humans. They can't live off human blood (not good for them) but they do guess wrong about hosts in desperate times.

CathyW
14-05-2006, 08:09 AM
You wouldn't necessary find any fleas. Flea-dirt more likely to find. And flea-eggs can live for *years* in carpets/cracks. Fleas also occasionally hitch a lift on humans. They can't live off human blood (not good for them) but they do guess wrong about hosts in desperate times.just couldnt understand it,oh well he will be sorted out come monday/tuesday. all depends on when they can fit him in (busy surgery)we replaced the carpet earlier on this year, mind u the fleas could of hitched a lift on the dog?? (confused fleas)
thanx for your help

Sweet
14-05-2006, 09:04 AM
Poor Reggie x

Donna
14-05-2006, 09:11 AM
Hope the vet sorts him out soon BM.

Hreow
14-05-2006, 09:57 AM
Not confused - desperate. If they're starving the will apparently take a bite out of anything warm and moving. That would be enough to disagree with Reggie, though. : / Shouldn't be much of a problem with a resident dog. Shall I stop speculating and let you get on with hearing the prognosis from a vet? :grin:

CathyW
15-05-2006, 07:13 PM
hes due in the vets thursday, 4-50 ill let u know what goes on.

Hreow
15-05-2006, 08:06 PM
Thanks. Hope it's a one-off triviality.

CathyW
18-05-2006, 05:04 PM
hes been to vets, had 2 injections which he didnt like at all. and some drops, and hes got some pills.and got to go back in 14 days,poor little fella wasnt happy we had to go by bus, so he had everyone feeling sorry for him as he was doing the pity me cry.hes now gone to sleep.she thought it was an allergy, just got to watch him now.

Donna
18-05-2006, 05:12 PM
Awww hope he feels better after his traumatic bus journey, injections, drops and pills!!!!

Poor boy!

Mags
18-05-2006, 05:27 PM
Poor boy........lots of fusses tonight will put things right!:D

Fran
18-05-2006, 05:32 PM
Awwww bless him. Extra special cuddles tonight :cool:

Hreow
18-05-2006, 05:35 PM
Milking it for what it was worth, then? :-)
Hope that's that sorted so you can go back to normal, unscratchy life.

CathyW
18-05-2006, 06:42 PM
hes laying on my dressing table, which incidently ive had to clear of all my stuff, every time i go in there i get the pitifull meeow, and then hes on his back waiting for a belly tickle :lol: hes a typical male :D

sweetmimi
19-06-2006, 11:07 AM
Mine are all frontlined but if a flea jumps on and bites (ok the flea then dies) then I sometimes have this problem as the vet thinks they are allergic to the saliva from the fleas How is the poor boy now?

CathyW
19-06-2006, 01:02 PM
hes fine now, laying around enjoying the never ending fuss on tap :D

Jac
19-06-2006, 01:07 PM
I always find tea tree oil diluted(sp) in some warm water helps sore bits either on dogs or cats.
I hope he feels better soon. (((((((((())))))) hugs to him. Oh and yip a normal male ;)

Kay
19-06-2006, 05:05 PM
Hope he is feeling better. My Angel has a flea allergy and also an allergy to the spot on treatments so just be aware of that. I use Capstar tablets whenever I see evidence of fleas whether it is dirt, eggs, fleas themselves or just the spots you have seen. They are brilliant and kill all the fleas within 24 hours. Be careful with tea tree products of any sort as many cats are allergic to this .