PDA

View Full Version : Home visit what do they do?

Kazz
12-05-2006, 04:53 PM
Following on from other posts regarding home visits;

What do they do in a home visit I would be a nervous wreck someone checking you out - what is classed as a pass or fail?........ I know I'd fail....:sad:
Do they test you? dive into your cuboards, talk to your neighbours, ask for references from the vet......what do they do, please?

Snoof
12-05-2006, 04:55 PM
I asked our rescue, and they said they check that the property is suitable. They also check that you take care of your home because if you don't, then you might not take care of a pet. If you get a cat they also said they see if you've considered a catflap etc.

I've got one coming when we reserve the kittens, so I'm a nervous wreck too, but they said that's basically what they check for.

Kazz
12-05-2006, 04:59 PM
Right I would be okay on the catflap side.:) ....Lord knows about the rest

Snoof
12-05-2006, 05:07 PM
:lol: You don't even want to know how long I've been working on a scheme to keep the lounge relatively toy-free :roll:

Emm
12-05-2006, 05:59 PM
I had a home check done 9 years ago when I got Confucious - two women came to my flat and asked a whole load of questions and they looked at Lao Tzu as well. They thought he was underweight and needed feeding up - the vet said he was absolutley fine considering we got him when he was only about 4/5 weeks old ( he was so small that he fell asleep against an empty glass and didn't knock it over)

They passed us and said we would get a follow up vist a few months after we get a cat - we never heard from them again.

dinahsmum
12-05-2006, 07:59 PM
Don't know about cats - Tizzie came home with me after a £3 payment - no questions asked! But that was 18 years ago.
For the Blue Cross, when we got Danny the lurcher, they looked at the fencing in the garden and the other (already in situ) dog.
iI don't think it's as scary as it sounds, although I admit I wasn't there for the Blue Cross - OH passed the inspection!