PDA

View Full Version : Brokeback Mountain

dinahsmum
10-05-2006, 06:29 PM
Anyone seen it?
I've got the video - oh no I haven't, I've got the DVD :roll: -so I'll watch tonight or tomorrow.
Apparently the sound is poor at the beginning - it's really difficult to hear the dialogue :? So, thought I'd watch it while I'm alone and I can have it nice and loud or with sub-titles if necessary.
I hate volume levels on films/TV. Last time I went to the cinema it wa so loud my ears hurt and I ended up stuffing tissue in my ears. The opposite happens at home - TV is quietly fine/advert or trails blast you from your seat.
Oh dear, rant over. I am becoming more and more of a Grumpy Old Woman :roll:

Hreow
10-05-2006, 08:44 PM
I agree - constand level of noise (or not) I can deal with, I have earplugs for the former, it's the change in volume that gets me. Silly to have to mute the telly before grabbing another cuppa, when the soundlevel of the show is fine.

But then, I'm grumpy and old, so biased. :-)

Fran
10-05-2006, 08:47 PM
Not seen it DM...you must let us know what you think of it..

dandysmom
10-05-2006, 08:52 PM
A beautiful, tragie movie; shows what predjudice & intolerance can do to ruin lives....:cry:

dinahsmum
10-05-2006, 09:18 PM
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Oh, it was a very good movie. the cinematography is wonderful, the Wyoming scenery was beautiful and the story is just a love story. It has a sad ending but, I guess, if it's not Priscilla Queen of the Desert, the subject matter is going to make it sad.
As DM says, prejudice is a terrible thing.

Edit: I liked the music too.