PDA

View Full Version : WhooHoo freebie plants

Kazz
09-05-2006, 09:39 PM
Well my luck is in Reg who lives opposite with his wife are selling their house, he's going blind a side effect of a degenerative disease and their son (professional footballer)can't say who as he is well known and they don;t want the stress worry of press every 5 minutes anyhow he has brought them a bunglow which they have had adapted for Reg. Well his house is up for sale and they have had an offer and Reg has popped over tonight (they have moved into the bungalow now) so the house is empty and said if I want any plants from the front garden then please come and take them :D he has loads of cromostia and foregt me knot the "perrenial one" gorgeous, plus some roses which I wont; take as they are lovely but established and I would not feel right taking those.:? I will take some of his other perrenials etc.
Karen

Mags
09-05-2006, 09:43 PM
What a kind, thoughtful man Reg is to remember his kind, thoughtful neighbour.....:cool:

Fran
09-05-2006, 09:51 PM
What a lovely gesture Kazz...and a lovely reminder for you of him and his family :cool:

Kazz
09-05-2006, 09:55 PM
When I take the afore mentioned plants up he wants me to do some up for him too so he can take them with him too. He can't dig anymore.

Moli
09-05-2006, 09:56 PM
Thats so nice of him Kazz, he knows they will be going to a good home!...:)

dinahsmum
10-05-2006, 08:28 AM
Freebies are great - and you get to keep memories of your old neighbour too.
Hope you get a nice new neighbour.

Kazz
10-05-2006, 05:15 PM
Thanks all.

I don't think any of you would be aware but do you know I have never had a NOT nice neighbour, only nice people move by us around here we are all nice people.:)

Mags
10-05-2006, 05:32 PM
You are very lucky Kazz, I thought there was always one somewhere!:roll::lol:

Donna
10-05-2006, 06:26 PM
He is very thoughtful of you Kazz, but in my job that is a major problem!!! Unless he has stated on his fixture and fittings list that he is taking them, it could cause a stink when the owners move in and find no plants in their garden!!!

Hreow
10-05-2006, 08:41 PM
I'd imagine that that is one of the reasons you're taking the "renewable" plants but leaving the long-term, structural plants?

Kazz
10-05-2006, 09:56 PM
He is very thoughtful of you Kazz, but in my job that is a major problem!!! Unless he has stated on his fixture and fittings list that he is taking them, it could cause a stink when the owners move in and find no plants in their garden!!!

No I can see that would cause a problem but we are only taking small pieces of perrenial plants and the new people are apparently digging up the garden and black paving it :cry: but I can see the trouble that would cause.

Hreow
11-05-2006, 08:25 AM
Hmmm... perhaps you could ask them if they're keeping the roses, then. And if not - offer to dig up and remove for free. If you've got the space for established roses. :-)

Kazz
11-05-2006, 12:39 PM
Yeah its a shame I haven't got room - and I am always dubious of roses with the thorns, but I suspect I could find some space for one or two, my next door neighbours are roses mad I may have a word with Roy (next door) when they are back from holiday, I don't think the new people will move straight in and start digging well I hope not. I will ask them when they have settled in, or as soon as I see diggers.