PDA

View Full Version : Climbing Hydrangea for Mags...

Moli
09-05-2006, 12:05 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v650/molidoodle/pat/DSC03688.jpg

dinahsmum
09-05-2006, 12:07 PM
That's doing well.
Another pic when it flowers please!

yola
09-05-2006, 12:08 PM
Climbing hydrangeas???? I didn't know you could get these . . . they're one of my favourite shrubs, I'd love to have a climbing variety. Are they available in the same colours as the standard shrubs?

dinahsmum
09-05-2006, 12:11 PM
Just white I think Yola - and with a very 'loose' head, not the pom-pom.
It may be hydrangea petiolaris or some-such - I'll go google a flower or link

Edit: Link http://www.floralimages.co.uk/phydrapetio.htm

Mags
09-05-2006, 12:11 PM
That looks really healthy Moli....thanks for posting!

I agree with DM, a pic in flower is a must!

yola
09-05-2006, 12:15 PM
White, how lovely!!! I have all colours but. However I do have both the spherical-headed ones and the flatter ones in pink/blue/violet.

I think I shall have to seek one of these out for misself. Moli, it would be lovely to see your hydrangea flowering :D

Moli
09-05-2006, 12:16 PM
Climbing hydrangeas???? I didn't know you could get these . . . they're one of my favourite shrubs, I'd love to have a climbing variety. Are they available in the same colours as the standard shrubs?They take na few years to establish and start clinging...The colour depends on what kind of soil you have..and I cannot remember them now...I know you need alkaline soil for blue ones, sure its neutral for white ones....;)

Fran
09-05-2006, 12:17 PM
That looks lovely and really healthy Moli..bet it looks stunning when it flowers..

yola
09-05-2006, 12:18 PM
Didn't people traditionally bury a lump of iron under a hydrangea to ensure the right chemical balance in the soil and to get blue flowers (or is that just a old wives tale)?

Moli
09-05-2006, 12:21 PM
Didn't people traditionally bury a lump of iron under a hydrangea to ensure the right chemical balance in the soil and to get blue flowers (or is that just a old wives tale)?Not heard of that Yola, but it makes sense!Its got flower heads on it, so will not be long till; its flowering...:)