PDA

View Full Version : Ninja's little friend.

Snoof
08-05-2006, 05:16 PM
I finally got some pictures of Ninja's friend today. She (I am of course not sure if she's a she or a he) is frightened of me, but she has let Matt pet her in the past...

http://www.snoof.co.uk/whitecat/01.jpg

We let her eat Ninja's food because, to be honest, if he doesn't mind, which he doesn't... Why be troubled? She'll stop being able to soon, and I'm sort of going back and forth on whether or not we should put a bowl of kibble outside for her :lol:

http://www.snoof.co.uk/whitecat/02.jpg

As you can see, she's odd-eyed. She always looks sort of dirty rather than white, so I don't know if that's actual dirt and lack of grooming, or just a colour thing...

http://www.snoof.co.uk/whitecat/03.jpg

Her green eye is actually much lighter and green - it comes out looking amber in the photos for some reason...

honeybunny
08-05-2006, 05:19 PM
Oh bless she looks like she needs a good feed, so nice of you to oblige. What's her history? She does look a bit dirty, maybe she hasn't a home?

dinahsmum
08-05-2006, 05:21 PM
Oh bless she looks like she needs a good feed, so nice of you to oblige. What's her history? She does look a bit dirty, maybe she hasn't a home?
Mmmm, poor thing. Most white cats stay white, if not Persil white. Maybe the outside kibble is a good idea - but take it up at night for fear of rats

honeybunny
08-05-2006, 05:28 PM
I'm confused as to why you have quoted and highlighted part of my post - are you agreeing or disagreeing?

We took in a stray - we thought she was grey, turned out she was black and white just having no energy or shelter in which to take care of herself. That was my point:?

Mags
08-05-2006, 05:29 PM
Poor thing, she does look a bit neglected doesn't she? It's kind of you to let her share Ninja's food Snoof......

dinahsmum
08-05-2006, 05:31 PM
I'm confused as to why you have quoted and highlighted part of my post - are you agreeing or disagreeing? :?
Agreeing..

moggymommy
08-05-2006, 05:32 PM
Oh bless her, is she feral?
She looks as if she would make a stunning cat if she could be cleaned up a bit and taken in and loved.

honeybunny
08-05-2006, 05:35 PM
another thought (sorry to be so vocal but she's such a sweet looking cat) but her ears are white by the look of it - if no-one is looking after her then it may be wise to think about getting her into a shelter or foster home because I know of a case recently where a dear little neglected cat was rescued but sadly had ear and nose cancer :(

Emm
08-05-2006, 05:51 PM
awh he/she is gorgeous.

I have a black and white cat and he looks really filthy most times - not through neglect - but due to the fact he loves rolling in dirt and sleeping in coal bunkers - hes a typical boy :lol: - so if some-one saw him they might think hes a stray but he isn't.

Snoof
08-05-2006, 05:56 PM
I'm planning to go see the ladies who feed stray cats and ask them about her sometime when I can catch them in. I think she might be theirs (Ninja is forever trying to steal their cats :roll:) but if she is their other cat is clean and well-cared-for, so she might just be a mucky pup.

DM, what a good idea re: taking it up at night. I figure if she eats Ninja's food she's eating James Wellbeloved so she's at least getting something decent in her tummy :? And I don't mind buying extra when it means I'm sure she's not starving.

Health-wise there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with her, and she doesn't eat a lot at a go (maybe a fifth of a bowl's worth but she doesn't come in every day) so I think she eats elsewhere and just comes in when she fancies a snack.

Sweet
08-05-2006, 06:19 PM
She/He (I think a She! LOL) but what do I know.......

is Beautiful x

Snoof
10-05-2006, 01:43 PM
Thanks Sweet... Just an update to let you know she let me pet her yesterday. She was skittish so I had to be careful (thank goodness for all the training I've gotten from Ninja :roll:) but every time I scratched her forehead her tail quivered. I don't think it would take much to turn her from a scaredy cat into a loving, gorgeous little girl.

On a sad note, I am 99% sure the muck in her coat (it always shows up as globs first, then evens out to a greyish colour) is motor oil. Plans are in the works to help her out, but can anyone with suggestions as to how to get motor oil out of a cat's coat please head over to the Grooming section and give me some tips please?

Fran
10-05-2006, 02:03 PM
Wow!! Don't know how I missed this thread...she is gorgeous!!

Snoof
10-05-2006, 04:01 PM
Thank you Fran - she seems to be a sweetie in disguise, too.

random
10-05-2006, 04:32 PM
awww snoof what a lovely kit, are you going to take her in??

Snoof
10-05-2006, 06:09 PM
:roll:

Would I do that?!

bobbie3917
10-05-2006, 07:59 PM
what a pritty thing it is
hope you can get its coat sorted

random
10-05-2006, 08:20 PM
:roll:

Would I do that?!

:lol: :lol: :lol: ;)

Kazz
10-05-2006, 10:23 PM
Hiya lovely possible addition to the family. Oscar used to get car oil in/on his coat :roll: he was forever going under cars hence the oil although I came tot he concusion in the end it was more "grime than oil from under the cars. It came off easily enough a brush over and of it came over a couple of days, he often looked grubby to me and he was well looked after ;) its the white it sometimes looks odd :roll: Oh and if you do take him/her in just be careful of the sun and white ears I would stop Oz from sunbathing too much just move him on into the shade.

Nice cat hope you all live happily ever after.

Snoof
10-05-2006, 11:17 PM
Thank you Kazz. As I have seen the oil spots before they spread out quite often I'm pretty sure they're the cause of the grubbiness, but I am trying to get a hold of the ladies who feed the strays to find out what they know about her. It would seem they've gone on holiday though (and left a note on the front door with their gas read outs which doesn't strike me as very clever :roll:) so I don't know when they'll be back - but won't be long as their tortie has been spotted on the table by the front window :-)