PDA

View Full Version : Whiskas kitten care pack

dinahsmum
08-05-2006, 01:22 PM
This is the link to get the free pack - food pouches, money off coupons and tips and hints
http://www.whiskas.co.uk/whiskas/en-GB/KittenPack/kittenpackform.asp

Edit

and here is the Felix one. Pouches, coupons and a mouse toy! http://www.catslikefelix.co.uk/index.asp?PageID=62

Hreow
08-05-2006, 02:03 PM
Any idea how long it takes them to deliver? Asked for the Whiskas one seven weeks ago. Got a confirmation, then nothing.

dinahsmum
08-05-2006, 02:07 PM
It said allow 28 days on the website. Hope it doesn't take too long, as I intend to get the kits onto raw food at some stage before their first birthday. In the meantime looking round for other freebies - have Burns (dry) Duck'n'rice - maybe Iams do one?
All these brands I don't normally buy, but I guess the babies need the correct nutrition at the start................especially as I want them to grow into big healthy lumps.

moggymommy
08-05-2006, 02:44 PM
I've sent away for both of these for Ziggy :)
I've had the whiskas one before so I dont know if I'll get it again.
How did you get the Burns sample?

I was in the vet with my rabbit last week and got some free samples of hills science kitten food, and hills natures best kitten food, both of which went down a treat with Angel who is still technically a kitten :p
Next time I'm in I'm going to see if they have any Royal Canin samples.

I'm off to google for free kitten stuff now :lol:

dinahsmum
08-05-2006, 02:57 PM
I get Burns for the dog, online, so when I saw them starting kitten food at two-for-the-price-of-one, I got a couple of packs. However, they are always happy to send doggie food samples, so i guess they'll do the same with cat food.
Here's the link -http://www.burns-pet-nutrition.co.uk/ - if there's no specific button for 'please send a sample' there's a forum you could post on, asking.

If you find iams please post the link - I haven't had any luck yet :)

Here's the Iams site but I can't find anything about samples http://www.iams.co.uk/en_BI/jhtmls/product/sw_HighLevelProduct_page.jhtml?li=en_BI&bc=I&pti=PH&sc=C&lsc=&bsc=

Julie84
08-05-2006, 03:19 PM
If your kitten is a bit older though, make sure you lie about their age! :roll:

Although on the food it says kitten food should be fed until one year old, they won't send a free kitten pack to anyone with kittens over 6 months old (last time I'm honest about anything) - I tried this a few months ago when my boys were about 7 months old.

Kindly they sent me a 20p voucher though! :x

dinahsmum
08-05-2006, 03:20 PM
If your kitten is a bit older though, make sure you lie about their age! :roll:

Although on the food it says kitten food should be fed until one year old, they won't send a free kitten pack to anyone with kittens over 6 months old (last time I'm honest about anything) - I tried this a few months ago when my boys were about 7 months old.

Kindly they sent me a 20p voucher though! :x

How generous, considering their profits!:roll:

moggymommy
08-05-2006, 03:42 PM
Get free samples of james wellbeloved cat food (adult) here

http://www.wellbeloved.co.uk/welcome/

Click on the menu on the lefthand side :)

dinahsmum
17-05-2006, 09:37 AM
The Felix pack has just arrived - 3 pouches, 3 x 50p off coupons, coupons for Go-cat and Felix treats and a black & white toy mouse. Plus a watch-me-grow wall chart(!) and a kitty care guide.
Not bad service - 10 days or so.
Nothing from Whiskas yet.

Mags
17-05-2006, 11:26 AM
Get free samples of james wellbeloved cat food (adult) here

http://www.wellbeloved.co.uk/welcome/

Click on the menu on the lefthand side :)
I received my James Wellbeloved samples last week........took about a week to arrive...good service there!:D

moggymommy
17-05-2006, 11:46 AM
I had my james well beloved samples in just a couple of days, and you are allowed to re-apply for them after a certain time, Angel was impressed :)

And I had an email from whiskas to say my kitten care pack as been dispatched and should be with me shortly so it should be here in time for Ziggys homecoming :D

Snoof
17-05-2006, 12:47 PM
I got the email from Whiskas a week ago and still haven't seen the kitten pack :smt102 Haven't gotten the one from Felix yet, either... :cry:

Hreow
17-05-2006, 02:19 PM
I got the email end March - still haven't seen anything or gotten a reply to my email. : /

Hreow
06-06-2006, 05:03 PM
They sent me an email a couple of days ago:

"Dear Sir, Thank you for your e-mail. I have checked the records and this pack is due to be dispatched to you next week. Please allow 28 working days for delivery. "

So request on 27/03, confirmation the same day,.
Sent:
"I know it says 28-days, but it's almost two months later.... Any idea of what has gone wrong? "
on 17/05. Got reply to send my details same day.

A mere ten weeks later - no parcel and no "sorry we seem to have lost your request". If they don't get a wiggle on, he'll be off kitten-food.

Felix samples arrived very quickly and he really liked them. Seemed to agree with his tummy as well, so has the luxury of both brands atm. :-)

MrsH
06-06-2006, 05:46 PM
I sent for both the Felix and Whiskas packs just after we got our two kitties. The Felix one came very quickly, but I had to e-mail Whiskas twice and even then it took ages. My two far preferred eating the Felix anyway, and besides the toy was well-received (but now looks very tatty!)

dinahsmum
07-06-2006, 08:27 AM
Ditto here - Felix very prompt, nothing from Whiskas. Hopeless!

dinahsmum
03-08-2006, 01:25 PM
Almost 3 months! :shock:
It was waiting when we returned on Monday :roll:
4 pouches of food and 3 vouchers for 15% off, plus a Catsan voucher (don't like it) and a folder with kitten info.
Considering how much they are likely to make during the lifetime of a cat, it's not the most generous. However - beggars and choosers etc ...

Hreow
03-08-2006, 02:09 PM
Still waiting for mine and have now started weaning Rover to adult-food. Guess the local shelter (if there is one) will have some extra kitten-food off them *if* it arrives.

dinahsmum
29-12-2006, 04:22 PM
I almost forgot to report that I got a 'now your kitten is growing' update from Whiskas just before xmas. Not a lot in it but there were a few money off coupons.

Tanya
01-01-2007, 11:12 PM
Felix kitten pack took about 6 weeks to arrive & the Whiskas kitten care pack took about three months. I had a confirmation email nearly as soon as i applied. Unfortunately it didnt arrive! I decided to email the Whiskas team and they said that it had been dispatched - yeah right!! I think they need to be emailed to remind them that you have actually applied for it.

Anyway, both packs gave some kitten advice, free food samples and money off vouchers. The felix pack came with a mouse, which Oli loves :) Worth the wait I think! ;)