PDA

View Full Version : Norwiegan Forest Cats, any info?

moggymommy
07-05-2006, 11:40 PM
Hi everyone :)
At the end of June my mum is getting a kitten, a tortie and white NFC cross, the mum is a NFC and the father is unknown.
I was just wondering if anyone could give me any info about this breed? I had a look on a breed profile site and it says on there that they are quite attention seeking and dont like being left alone very much, is this true? would she be better getting 2?
My dad is retired so the kitten/cat wouldnt be left alone that much anyway and the cat will be allowed outside, I dont know if she really wants 2 cats tho.

Is there anything else she should know about the breed, do they tollerate being handled well, good with children?

Fran
08-05-2006, 12:11 AM
Sorry, can't help you on this one. I am sure that there must be someone on here who has experience of the breed..Good luck to your mum and dad with their new kitten x

borderdawn
08-05-2006, 06:31 AM
I board quite a few. They seem to be quite sociable Cats, semi longhair, some seem to matt, some dont! They have long noses!
Dawn.

Hreow
08-05-2006, 07:18 AM
How can you not want two cats? :smt017 Since the cat won't be left alone much, and can go outside, I don't think she'll need to get two. The only FC I knew didn't mind being handled.