PDA

View Full Version : what d'ya mean am i done yet???

CJK
30-04-2006, 07:38 PM
erm.......wasnt this meant to look like better than it did yesterday?!?!?!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
and all this rubble was UNDER the paving slabs

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e40/cjk231176/erwotgarden.jpg

Hreow
30-04-2006, 07:41 PM
No treasure-chest then? Shame... That's a nice, *big* catch of rubble. :-)

CJK
30-04-2006, 07:45 PM
from this:

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e40/cjk231176/mummyslittlehelpres1.jpg

to that up there !
EEEEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

please tell me it's MEANT go get worse first lol.

NOPE no treasure yet. plenty of worms and a few REALLY big fat red wriggly things that i never seen before.

Hreow
30-04-2006, 07:48 PM
I see it's aged Elliot considerably as well. :-D

CJK
30-04-2006, 07:49 PM
lol, yeah we live in one of them time warp things where time passes quicker here. To you it's been one day, to us 20 years

Sweet
30-04-2006, 07:53 PM
Made me smile Carly - yes things do get worse, so I think your on the right track x

Fran
30-04-2006, 08:11 PM
Looks like someone has been busy Carly ;) Yes, it is bound to get worse before it gets better so all going to plan so far :-D

Donna
01-05-2006, 03:54 PM
It will be worth it in the end!

dinahsmum
01-05-2006, 04:14 PM
Keep it up - you'll get there and it will be great for the boys!

yola
01-05-2006, 05:05 PM
Just don't give up half way through!!!!

It will improve and then you'll have a great garden to spend happy hours in . . . I have the expanse of mud to look forward to as yet; hubby is taking the paving of the garden at serious snail's pace :roll:

Mags
01-05-2006, 05:22 PM
The hardest part is starting anything Carly.........just remember the old adage...."I've started, so I'll finish!"

Jac
02-05-2006, 08:06 AM
In my experiance in things no matter what kind of improvement. It always gets worse before it gets better!:shock:

CJK
02-05-2006, 12:10 PM
(well almost)
Just a LITTLE more levelling on the left side, then we ready to plant the grass seed.
Then the flower bed has been lowered, as it used to be higher than the path, so the apth was always getting covered in mud. All stones and rubble dug up.

I never realised such a small garden would be such hard work!!

Already taken the primula's out of the pots and planted them, and two conifers and a rose bush.
Got pansy seedlings ready to go out and also the kids love in the mist are ready.

Cat baskets will be hung next weekend,i hope. Although the lobelia and busy lizzys arent quite ready to be planted in them yet

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e40/cjk231176/phaseII.jpg

Hreow
02-05-2006, 12:15 PM
*Cat*-baskets? I know you do lots for cat comfort, but... :-D

CJK
02-05-2006, 12:16 PM
lol
nOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
theyre baskets for hanging plants in, in shape of cats!!!

Fran
02-05-2006, 12:21 PM
Wow Carly! You have been a busy bee!!! It's going to look wonderful. All your hard work is definitely going to pay off..

CJK
02-05-2006, 12:31 PM
you have no idea how busy we've been!
basically, the mud under the slabs (that was the alrge area on the left of piccy) was the wrong sort to grow grass on, it's compost of some sort. The mud to the right (where flowers now are) was claylike and not very good for plants. so we dug em both up and swapped em over.
I ache like crazy today, but I cant wait until I can post piccies of a nice green lawn , haning baskets and blooming plants!!

oh and btw, if anybody is needing grass seed LIDL are selling 2kg boxes for 4.99!!!!!!!!!!
more than we need i think, but a bargain for the price.

Hubby just rnag and informed me once i finished levelling off i need to dig over b4 sewing grass seeds.

Will be doing more later.

Hreow
02-05-2006, 12:36 PM
Now if you hadn't decided to live so bloomin' far away. I could pop over to help. : / Then again, shared pain leaves less people to complain of aching muscles to, so I guess I *am* helping? :grin:
Don't kill yourself with the work.

CJK
02-05-2006, 12:42 PM
well, I dont think I'll do any digging today, just do the lighter work, plenty of seedlings to plant out now.
Got really sore thorat again too, and generally feeling tired after a busy weekend of gardeinng, walking back from tip with a bike, visiting cavalcade and getting no sleep cos of hubby's incessant snoring!

Huby did complain of sore ribs sunday morning, no idea how that could have happened overnight in his sleep :lol:

Mags
02-05-2006, 01:19 PM
Well done Carly...you've worked hard on your garden! All the aches and pains will be worth it when you see it blooming in the summer!