PDA

View Full Version : Thomas O'Malley

Kazz
29-04-2006, 10:26 PM
Thomas O'Malley the alley cat that came in from the garden died Thursday I have just spoken to my friend Pete and he told me he had him PTS on Thursday it appears he had cancer, which was inoperable, and to save him futher discomfort Pete had him PTS.
Such a shame but at least he ended his life in comfort and safety and love rather than out in the cold.

This was his story. http://www.catpages.co.uk/talkcats/showthread.php?t=2897&page=2&highlight=stray

Smudley Pete lives your way out and I will guide him toward you when he feels ready for another cat, preferably knowing Pete the more unwanted/unloved the better.

RIP Thomas

Fran
29-04-2006, 10:33 PM
Oh Kazz :( I remember you talking about him and choosing a name for him. What a shame it ended so soon after he just found a nice warm lap to sit on :( RIP Thomas....special boy x

How has Pete taken the news Kazz?

Kazz
29-04-2006, 10:39 PM
It appears he has known for a while Fran, but did not want to "worry/concern" me.:roll: He has only told me now because I am popping over this week and he did not want me to find out Thomas was gone while I was there.
Apparently when he took him to the vets to get him inoculated and tested for FELV???(as he'd been a stray so long) something showed up then and Pete had tests done etc and this is now the result. It seems he was well until the other week and the vet said the cancer had spread to his liver and other organs:( and time was coming to make a descision so Pete made it.

He is sad but happy Thomas is not is discomfort....he said its odd how his house has been taken over by a black and white cat weighing less than his motorbike jacket.:roll: But thats cats.

Hreow
29-04-2006, 10:46 PM
Warm, loved and with time to say goodbye. He was eased gently onto the path to the bridge.

Leather bike-jacket... If Rover ever weighs as much as mine, he'll be put on a strict diet. :-)

Naomi
30-04-2006, 09:41 AM
Aww Kazz that's so sad :(

At least he didn't die alone and outside. He was loved for the remainder of his days, no matter how short that might have been.

RIP Thomas O'Malley

Emm
30-04-2006, 11:51 AM
That poem you wrote is beautiful it made me cry.

RIP Thomas O'Malley. xxx

Jac
30-04-2006, 02:19 PM
Oh what a shame. RIP Thomas. At least you had a wee while in the comfort of a home again. Run free.

dinahsmum
30-04-2006, 03:22 PM
I'm glad Thomas was comfortable at the end Kazz - what a shame it wasn't a wee bit longer.

janey83
30-04-2006, 04:20 PM
Awww R.I.P Thomas!

yola
30-04-2006, 05:48 PM
How sad. But as everyone says, he died having known love and cuddles. Sorry Thomas has gone . . . :cry:

Sweet
30-04-2006, 08:43 PM
R.I.P. Thomas x

Moli
30-04-2006, 09:11 PM
Run Free little boy...........xx

Booktigger
30-04-2006, 09:23 PM
RIP Thomas. So sad that you didn't have more time when you finally found a fab new home.