PDA

View Full Version : Bengal Cats needing homes

Bengal Cat Rescue
29-04-2006, 06:50 PM
Bengal Cat Rescue is bursting at the seams, I have been so busy moving cats I've not had chance to be on here much.

We have 11 cats currently needs homes, all however need to be only cats some can live with dogs. Most also need a rural/semi rural home.
Their details are on www.bengalcatrescue.co.uk (http://www.bengalcatrescue.co.uk)

If you can help in anyway let me know, we need foster carers as well, so if you have a spare room to keep them seperate from your cats have a think, could you squeeze a Bengal in.

We had some disturbing news earlier this week, that alot of the Bengal Rescues in the USA are closing their doors due to too many cats and not enough foster homes or permanent places. I am hoping that its not a pre-cursr to how things will be over here but as I am twice as busy as last year its not looking that way! :cry:

Fran
29-04-2006, 06:53 PM
What a shame there are so many Bengals needing rehoming. I wonder why this is? Are they difficult cats to care for, prone to any specific problems? or is it that there are just too many Bengal breeders around now? Can none of the cats you have in rescue be rehomed with other cats? I hope you manage to find homes for these lovely kitties x

Bengal Cat Rescue
29-04-2006, 07:02 PM
They usually come in due to agression to other cats , so no we won't rehome in with other cats. Some are in pairs and are happy living as a two but they just don't mix well with other breeds. And can be very agresive to them.

I have 2 Bengal x in, who are huge! They need a rural home and could go to an experienced cat home with another cat.

Other than that the others need to go as an exisitng pair or on their own.

:cry:

Fran
29-04-2006, 07:11 PM
It must make it so much more difficult for you having to rehome to households with no other cats. It sort of limits your market as it were :( I considered getting a Bengal at one time and spoke to several breeders. I have to say not one of the breeders expressed a problem with me having several moggies here already :? I suppose if the breeders homed the kittens to more suitable homes in the first place i.e single cat households then perhaps less Bengals would end up in rescue centres?

Jac
29-04-2006, 07:32 PM
I have a Bengal and a missing (at the Moment) x bengal. I havent had any problems with either. They are fine with the dog and kids. Infact the full Bengal was afraid of her own shadow when I got her:lol: . She is now loving to all and sometimes even snuggles up with Blue, although she tends to stick close to me and wont venture out the back garden.
What a shame you have so many in rescue. They are such a lovely breed.

Booktigger
29-04-2006, 08:02 PM
What a shame you have so many in - it does go to show that pedigrees dont get better homes than moggies. I posted on your other thread that I had read of an american Bengal cat rescue poss closing due to lack of space/volunteers/homes, so sad. And there are still bengals being bred. I do wish you luck, it is so hard trying to find only cat homes.

tilli121
20-06-2007, 08:35 PM
i too have a bengal, a 14 month old youngster, i keep hearing that they don't get on with other cats but i am finding the opposite, she also gets on well with although can torment my 2 dogs, dalmatians, so loads bigger than she is, she also wants to play with our other cat but he isn't interested, he too is lots bigger than her but his size doesn't put her off, i feel really sorry for her as she tries and tries and tries to make him play but he's getting on and just doesn't want to know, she never gets aggressive with him though, the only problem i have had is with my furnishings, :( she has lots of energy and my curtains and wallpaper in the 2 rooms she spends most of her time in are in shreds......she runs up the curtains and bounces off the walls when she is being really playful, but thats part of her charm.:)

mable1718
20-06-2007, 09:18 PM
what a shame there are so many that need rehoming