PDA

View Full Version : rip tao

jenny
28-04-2006, 02:17 PM
tao died today.
i left for work at 8am this morning and he was quiet, i thought he was just sleeping. he was breathing so decided to leave him as i didnt want to wake him up. Well, my OH got home at 1pm and he was dead. Our insurance doesnt cover a autopsy, so i dont think we'll ever know why he died. the vet said it could have been a number of things.
i cant stop crying and have come home early from work.

goodnight tao, you were only in our life for a short while, but we'll never forget you.

21.2.06 - 28.4.06 , 9 weeks old.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v427/jenny6165/indietao6.jpg

dinahsmum
28-04-2006, 02:18 PM
So young :cry:

CJK
28-04-2006, 02:20 PM
Oh Jenny, I am so very sorry to hear this. You must be feeling awfully sad.
It's hard to loose any cat, I know how you must be feeling, we lsot a girl at 4 months old a few years back.
So sorry for your loss.
Am here if you ever need to chat ok???

Julie84
28-04-2006, 02:20 PM
I'm so sorry. :(

Sweet dreams, Tao.

jenny
28-04-2006, 02:21 PM
i just keep thinkin i shud have known somethin was wrong, maybe if id noticed he was quiet this mornin i cud have taken him to the vet and he might not have died :(

dinahsmum
28-04-2006, 02:22 PM
No, don't beat yourself up!

Hreow
28-04-2006, 02:32 PM
He was only quiet - you couldn't have known. I'm so sorry....
<hug>

Fran
28-04-2006, 02:37 PM
OMG I can't get my head around this....what on earth could have happened :( So very very young :(

RIP Tao run free little man x

{{{Hugs Jenny}}} x

Sweet
28-04-2006, 02:58 PM
:( not fair!

So young - run free little one x

(((((hugs))))) x

Mags
28-04-2006, 03:05 PM
I am so sorry Jenny.......:cry:

RIP little man, sweet dreams........xx

yola
28-04-2006, 03:28 PM
I'm so, so sorry Jenny. What a dreadful shock for you and your partner. I don't know what else to say - Tao was a stunningly beautiful baby; so small . . . :cry:

{{{{{hugs}}}}}}

I'm sure all our much loved, departed cats will be looking out for Tao at Rainbow Bridge and will take him under their paws until the day you're reunited with him.

Naomi
28-04-2006, 03:44 PM
Oh Jenny it must have been a dreadful shock for you and your partner :( I can't believe it myself.

RIP Tao you little sweetie xxxxx

Probably not the best time to ask, but have you informed his breeder? Maybe they'd help towards the cost of the autopsy as I'm sure they'd like to know the reason why one of their little babies died.

blackcatlover
28-04-2006, 04:05 PM
So, so sorry :cry: :cry:

RIP little one

Luke
28-04-2006, 04:05 PM
:(:(
So very young-such a handsome chap who didn't have the chance to bloom:(
RIP Tao

EmmaG
28-04-2006, 04:27 PM
OMG Jenny... :( I am so so sorry, please don't beat yourself up, although I know it hard not to, sometimes these things just happen.

RIP sweet little boy.

{{{{hugs to you}}}}

jenny
28-04-2006, 04:34 PM
we are taking him to my dads tonight to get buried.

all he could say to me was that i should have known better and i shouldnt have got from a breeder :(

Moli
28-04-2006, 05:05 PM
So sad to hear this Jenny...Thoughts and "Hugs" with you...

Run Free little man..........xx

Naomi
28-04-2006, 05:38 PM
Oh Jenny it doesn't matter if you got him from a breeder or a rescue centre, nobody knows when these things are gonna happen :(

Jeanette
28-04-2006, 06:15 PM
Oh Jenny, I'm so sorry:(

Now Jenny, you know better than to listen to your dad. This isnt the first time he's said some mean things like this:(

I'm so so very sorry

RIP Tao

Hugs J

Elaine
28-04-2006, 06:39 PM
Oh my god, I am so very sorry. Big hug to you xxx

R.I.P. pretty little puss xxx

Donna
28-04-2006, 08:01 PM
I am shocked and so upset for you. Life is not fair sometimes. RIP Tao x

bobbie3917
28-04-2006, 09:35 PM
so so sorry to hear that Jenny what a great shame for such a young boy

run free little 1

Bengal Babe
28-04-2006, 10:08 PM
RIP Tao little man - run free and chase those butterflies -

Beau & Zak will look after you till Mummy comes to collect you -

Jenny - you had a beautiful beautiful boy -hugs to you -so sorry for your loss

Emm
28-04-2006, 10:11 PM
oh no - I'm so sorry to hear this :(

run free Tao xxxx

I lost a kitten on Hogmany about 9 years ago and I was devasted but don't blame yourself, sometimes these things happen (((hugs)))

Booktigger
28-04-2006, 10:20 PM
I am so sorry to hear this, RIP Tao.

dandysmom
29-04-2006, 02:50 AM
Oh, I am so sorry to hear this; what an awful shock for you. I lost my Patches last week, but she was 20...your baby was so young & beautiful ... RIP, Tao, have fun in the great catnip fields in the sky...:cry:

janey83
29-04-2006, 07:39 AM
I'm so shocked! He was so young and beautiful.

R.I.P Tao. hugs

jenny
29-04-2006, 08:50 AM
thanku everyone for ur kind words. it means alot.

unfortunetely we cant bury tao now and im not sure what is going to happen. we were in a car crash on the way to him.

ive informed the breeder, she is as devastated as i am, she loved that little boy

deester
29-04-2006, 08:54 AM
Oh i'm so sorry. This brings tears to my eyes. Rest in peace little Tao. Sending you big hugs Jenny and family.

smudgley
29-04-2006, 09:21 AM
Jenny, I'm really, really sorry to hear this awful news. Such a baby. :(

RIP little cutie-pie.:cry:

Kazz
29-04-2006, 12:43 PM
Jenny I am so sorry I only just caught this I am so sorry he's gone so young.

Take care Karen

Kim
29-04-2006, 08:19 PM
Oh Jenny, I am so very, very sorry. So sad, he was so beautiful and so young. What a shock for you, but you couldn't possibly have known, please don't feel guilty, these things happen sometimes...... RIP little Tao

jenny
29-04-2006, 08:40 PM
i jus feel like i could have done more for him. he has been a bit quiet for a couple of days, but i put it down to him settling in. i shud have realised how delicate he is.
its just not fair :(

Fran
29-04-2006, 08:43 PM
Did the vet offer you any suggestions as to what the problem could have been? Sometimes answers make things easier to cope with. It's the 'what ifs' and not knowing that are hard to bear :(

Kazz
29-04-2006, 08:52 PM
Hi Jen

Have his brothers and sisters gone to their new homes yet? might be worth their breeder checking them out just in case? I know it won't help but maybe as Fran says the vet might have an idea.

Karen?

Hreow
29-04-2006, 09:03 PM
i jus feel like i could have done more for him. he has been a bit quiet for a couple of days, but i put it down to him settling in. i shud have realised how delicate he is.
its just not fair :(

You loved him dearly, you took good care of him, you did everything right.
The assumption that he was "a bit quiet" because he was settling in, could very well be spot on! There was nothing to say there was something wrong from your photos and descriptions either. Stop kicking yourself woman! Let yourself be sad and grieve, and eventually remember the good times you had, with photos to prove it.

jenny
29-04-2006, 09:40 PM
hi fran, no the vet said it could have been 1001 things, from a weak heart to a virus or something.

kazz, ive informed the breeder, and suggested she let the others know just incase, but not sure what shes doing

hreow, i kno i shud just grieve, i guess theres always what ifs, even if theres nothin that cud be done.

thank u again everyone for all ur support and help. its been so helpful to me. i let me oh read the posts, and he couldnt believe how much response there was. i think he needed it as much as i did

Kazz
29-04-2006, 09:56 PM
Hello Jens other half. Hope you are okay.

Jen he was a babyand it appears you did nothing wrong I would expect a settling in period a tiny kitten as Tao was. I hope this has not put you off getting a kitten.

Take care of yourselves and especially my mate Indie.....:D

jenny
29-04-2006, 10:29 PM
hi kazz, unfortunetely i dont think we will be getting another kitten. as the week unfolded, it appears that indie was guarding her bones and toys against the kitten, as she did when we had phoenix. i didnt think the resources would be the same. perhaps after a while she wud have realised he couldnt give 2 stuffs about her things. who knows.
and altho she mothered tao, she didnt seem particuarly happy in herself, i think she likes being the only one after all that.

such a shame, i really miss having him around, and would love to of had another kitten some time in the future, but i dont think it wud be fair on indie now :(

Kazz
29-04-2006, 10:32 PM
Jen I think you have to settle for the fact Indie is an only child:) Happy with visitors but happier when they go home.

Take care Karen

Hreow
29-04-2006, 10:39 PM
Any creature that is territorial will take some time to adjust to an outsider. Ask anyone who's had more than one child how much energy it takes to make everyone involved still feel like a specal person. :-)

As to the what-if:s (been there, done that, t-shirt, the lot!); Hug your OH and Indie, and feel the strength of your family. Best medicine.

Jac
30-04-2006, 02:08 PM
So sorry. He was so young, what a shame. As others have said dont beat your self up. There is nothing you could have changed.
Take care. Jac

random
30-04-2006, 09:52 PM
I'm so sorry about Tao, I already posted on DW, but i'm posting here too, please don't blame yourself, the same thing happened this year with my rabbit. I cam home from uni one day and he was gone, and he was only 3. I have no idea what happened, but he too seemed a little "quiet" that morning, and it took me weeks before I could grieve properly as I just kept blaming myself that I should have taken him to the vets that morning.

Please don't do the same, it was just his time, someone else needed him to be an angel. xx

Snoof
03-05-2006, 07:01 PM
I'm so very sorry :(

prrrrfect
16-03-2007, 10:26 PM
Im so sorry. I cant stop crying now.