PDA

View Full Version : An unhappy princess

CJK
27-04-2006, 06:50 PM
I know youre going to think me nuts, but my princess is NOT a happy bunny.
I really worreid about her. I guess it's jsut all that she been through and the fact that she had an icky tummy for 3 days now.

BUT i can just sense she is not happy lately. SHe mopes about in my bedroom, doesnt venture out often, not eating much.
I wonder how much this has affected her.

Liek i said she has had an icky tummy, but you should see her.
She looks so thin again, and her coat isnt shining. Could it jsut be hormonal changes or something like that?
Vet saw her when she got icky belly, and we going back tomorrow, so i'll ahve a chat, but they'll think me nuts i'm sure.

Spent hours stroking her, she sitting on my bed or when not there lays about 3/4 of the way up the stairs.

Even tried buying her a new catnip mouse, she not touched it!

Naomi
27-04-2006, 07:01 PM
Awww Carly you really are going through the mill with Princess at the moment.

I'd have a chat with your vet aswell, just to be on the safe side. Just because she can't tell you how she's feeling doesn't mean she's not been affected by it all, poor little thing :(

CJK
27-04-2006, 07:05 PM
thanks naomi.
It's getting better though, Mr darcy has got rid of his sneezles, the kids r fine, hubby and ia re doing well and guess where i went today?
hospital, been discharged from stroke clinic,all is back to normal!!
so things are looking up, but my baby princess just doenst seem happy in herself.

could it be possible she pining for the kittens???

Fran
27-04-2006, 07:32 PM
I would definitely get her checked over with the vets Carly but my gut instinct is rather than pining for kittens I think it more likely her hormones are all over the place right now which would account for a dull coat and strange behaviour. I would let the vet take a look at her just to be sure there isn't a hint of an infection brewing but she sounds hormonal to me..

CJK
27-04-2006, 07:40 PM
thanks fran. We offf tomrrow to vets anyway. you know me though, i'm a worry mupptet!!!

just not the same girla t home. Am sure I can coax the old princess back son

dandysmom
27-04-2006, 07:50 PM
I think Fran's nailed it...definitely sounds hormonal & glad you're taking poor PF back tp the vets!You both have been stressed a LOT lately!

Kazz
27-04-2006, 09:20 PM
Of course she's not herself she has lost her kittens her body does not know this and will be sending all sorts of hormones out telling her "kittens kittens kittens"

Was she spayed during her op? if not I would get her done ASAP otherwise tshe will be in call again sooner than you think.

Karen

Sweet
27-04-2006, 09:25 PM
Please give PF big ((((((hugs))))))

Love, Julie, Violet and Mau Mau x x x

Donna
27-04-2006, 09:32 PM
I agree with everyone here - hormonal - but get her checked anyway if you are due a vets appointment.

Naomi
28-04-2006, 08:33 AM
Carly that's fab news about you being discharged from the stroke clinic.

Good luck with your vet visit and hope that Princess gets back to normal soon

dinahsmum
28-04-2006, 08:46 AM
Carly that's fab news about you being discharged from the stroke clinic.

Good luck with your vet visit and hope that Princess gets back to normal soon

Ditto.
PFC must be a bit confused and hormonally out of kilter. Good to see the vet though

CJK
28-04-2006, 12:16 PM
princess doing ok, no temp, wound clean and dry still.
Vet weighed her and she does weight A little more than her pre-kitten weight, so told me not to wrory about that.
Her icky tummy is clearing up, and she has started eating properly again today.
She has evn spent time with us downstairs since this morning.

So prob jsu ttaken her a while to feel more back to normal after her op and icky tummy.
ANd MR darcy's icky tummy is all fine now too.

Mags
28-04-2006, 02:06 PM
Glad to hear Princess is feeling better today CJ.......losing the kits was bound to have some affect on her:(

Fran
28-04-2006, 02:21 PM
Great news CJ!! Glad things seem to be improving for PF and Mr Darcy..

CJK
28-04-2006, 02:25 PM
things are improving for us ALL.
ryan been moved up a group for math and science at school, and got pupil of the week at school for good behaviour. I finally getting money from csa, hubby and i doing well, bunnies ll fine, cats getting better all the time, elliot behaving really well this week....all good in the nutty household

yola
28-04-2006, 02:48 PM
CJ - SO pleased everything's ironing itself out!!! It's about time you had a run of good luck.

CJK
28-04-2006, 02:50 PM
i dontmind if i dont ahve good luck, long as it isnt all abd luck. if that makes any senes at all

DiddyDawn
28-04-2006, 03:25 PM
I'm glad Princess seems better in herself.

Did you get her spayed when she went in for the op?

CJK
28-04-2006, 03:54 PM
no...........

DiddyDawn
28-04-2006, 04:04 PM
Oh, I thought you were getting her spayed :? Are you going to breed from her then?

CJK
28-04-2006, 04:22 PM
no. i am not breeding from her

Sweet
28-04-2006, 04:25 PM
Really glad to hear all is well with PF and your family x

CJK
28-04-2006, 04:25 PM
thanks sweet.
HOw are you doing?

Sweet
28-04-2006, 04:29 PM
Having a good day - thank you for asking....

Gonna make the most of it LOL, the sun is still shining!

It could be raining and a downer tomorrow LOL x

CJK
28-04-2006, 04:30 PM
we're planning on ggoin out monday, bet it piddles down all day, and doingmajor garden works sunday. So rain all weekend is it then???

DiddyDawn
28-04-2006, 04:32 PM
:? Why didn't you get her spayed then? It would have been so much better having her done when she went in for a section. I had one here who had 3 kittens that died inside her, they spayed her at the same time as doing a section on her. I would be worried about her getting pregnant again especially with losing this litter.......I've not read the full thread but it sounds as if something wasn't right from the start and you may be risking her health if she gets caught again. An anaesthetic is risky at the best of times and you could have avoided her having to go under again by having her done at the same time :? :(

Sweet
28-04-2006, 04:32 PM
Really hope noooooo rain - Violet quite likes it but Mau Mau runs inside and it would be nice to have them out all day long x

CJK
28-04-2006, 04:47 PM
i dont need preaching at diddydwan about getting her speyed etc ok!

you havent followed the whole story or you would know why.

and she will NOT get pregnat again, i am not irresponsible or stupid thanks

DiddyDawn
28-04-2006, 05:26 PM
Who said anything about preaching? Can't anyone offer advice on this forum without getting their head bit off. You obviously think you know best Carly, I know nothing because I haven't got as much experience as you but that's where you're wrong........if you loved the cat, you would have got her spayed.......end of!!!

If you are referring to the fact Princess had one live kitten, so did my cat and she was still able to feed him, so they can still be done at the same time as a Section.

CJK
28-04-2006, 05:29 PM
no NOT END OF ok.
like i said if you bothered reading the whole story you would know why she wasnt speyed
and one other point, JUST cos it's your belief every cat should be speyed doesnt mean it's everyones.

she will get done when i see good and fit to get her done, there was a good reason why she wasnt and dont you dare insinuate i dont love my cats.

you have never tomy knowledge replied to any of my previous posts, so dont come on here JUST with the intentions of having a dig at me about her not having been speyed when you dont know all the facts ok

perhaps you oughta find out all the facts before you come here preaching at me again.

DiddyDawn
28-04-2006, 05:33 PM
I can say what I want.......it's a free world isn't it :? If she has health problems then yes she should be spayed because the litters are all going to be weak and it isn't fair on her and not fair on the babies either. Yes, I do think most cats should be spayed but there are also responsible breeders out there who I have nothing against. You are risking her health because you have said you are not breeding from her so why leave her unspayed? I will go through the thread and see your reasons why but there isn't really any reason, but hey, even I could be wrong.

rach1980
28-04-2006, 05:33 PM
Hello, can i just ask why exactly is it that you do believe all cats SHOULD be spayed/neutered?? (diddydawn) I am really interested to hear your thoughts on this.

DiddyDawn
28-04-2006, 05:34 PM
Hello, can i just ask why exactly is it that you do believe all cats SHOULD be spayed/neutered?? (diddydawn) I am really interested to hear your thoughts on this.

Carly said that not me.........she know's me better than I know myself, obviously:?

CJK
28-04-2006, 05:34 PM
yeah youa re wreong dawn. even you arent always right!
and you can go ona ll you like about future litters, as i said before there are not going to be any!!!!
and yes you can say and think waht you like, and so can i thank you

i didnt say she would never be speyed did i???????????? nope, didnt think i did

CJK
28-04-2006, 05:36 PM
so go on about it all you like, i cant even be bothered arguing with you about it, you DONT know all the facts.
shant even bother to answer you again.

DiddyDawn
28-04-2006, 05:37 PM
I should mention, no I don't normally respond to your post but I do follow them sometimes, and in this case I felt I had a valid reason for posting.

rach1980
28-04-2006, 05:40 PM
ok then, you didnt say all but you did say most and that there are a few "breeders" that you respect, why do you assume then that just because some one doesnt spay/neuter their pet that they are going to breed??

Naomi
28-04-2006, 05:41 PM
That's great news!!! I'm so gald Princess is feeling better and Mr Darcy aswell.

Doesn't it make you proud when the kids do something good in school and rewarded for it?

CJK
28-04-2006, 05:43 PM
yes it does naomi, i was so proud of him bles him. He got his blue peter badge at the start of the week and then this. He can be a little monkey at home, but apparantly is really good, most of the time, at school!!!

DiddyDawn
28-04-2006, 05:49 PM
ok then, you didnt say all but you did say most and that there are a few "breeders" that you respect, why do you assume then that just because some one doesnt spay/neuter their pet that they are going to breed??

If someone isn't going to breed, why leave them unspayed? There are lots of reasons why they should be spayed if they are not for breeding, mainly health reasons and if she got out, she could get pregnant again. These things do happen and have happened.......and there are lots of unwanted cats and kittens in rescues because of this. Doesn't Carly also have a male? Is it fair on him to have an unspayed female in the house calling and is it fair on her wanting a mate and not being able to have one?

Carly, I've been through the Princess Diaries and can't find a reason for not having her done unless it's on another thread, you will have to point it out to me.

Nicola
28-04-2006, 05:50 PM
I am new here but I do agree with Dawn. Sorry to hear that your cat has been through so much but I would be inclined to have her spayed asap.

CJK
28-04-2006, 05:51 PM
nicola, she is getting speyed, i have never said she wouldnt be. all my male cats are done, even the house one. It was just she wasnt done at the time of her section for reasons discussed with my vets thats all.

Hreow
28-04-2006, 05:54 PM
Moving swiftly on, back to the important party.

How's the Princess doing today? Still a bundle of hormones? (Not that that would be surprising. She's had a tough time.)

CJK
28-04-2006, 05:56 PM
she getting better hreow, and guess what?? is even sitting by my feet purring right this moment!!!!! getting the odd tickle behind the ear as we go

rach1980
28-04-2006, 06:01 PM
Why do you assume i mean only carly?? I mean you said most cats, WHY??? i know a couple of people who have had cats all their lives and the cat has never once been out and neither do they want to go out, should these cats be spayed?? Why put them through an op when it is so unneccessary (which in these cases i believe it is) That is my point, oh i know the health benefits, ie it "could" stop mamary tumours etc, but isnt it just like things with we humans??? Some pill's(contraceptive) can lead to breast cancer, some can help against it etc, We all have the choice and if a cat is in no more danger of getting pregnant/becoming ill with feline aids/leukemia by not going out then why do they need to be spayed/neutered?? Thats my only point, i did not neccessarily state i was meaning in carlys case. I hope i have got across what i mean as i so very often dont. thanks

Hreow
28-04-2006, 06:03 PM
That's *great* news! Both of you feeling better, then. :-)

she getting better hreow, and guess what?? is even sitting by my feet purring right this moment!!!!! getting the odd tickle behind the ear as we go

CJK
28-04-2006, 06:05 PM
yup, feeling better all round.

DiddyDawn
28-04-2006, 06:07 PM
Rach, Carly's cat is unspayed so yes it does refer to her's as well seeing as we are on her thread. I deal with Cat Rescue and I see the results from people having unspayed females, and no, they didn't intend their cat to get pregnant either......it was an accident or they got out or some other poor excuse. When you see the other side of it, then you can have an opinion on what we have to go through dealing with people who for some reason can't be bothered getting them done. I have nothing against genuine, honest breeders but I despise back street breeders. You can't guarantee a cat won't get out and how would you feel putting it bluntly, wanting your oats and not being allowed to? I've had unspayed feral cats in and they are pitiful when they are in season because they want to mate so bad.......is it kind letting them go through that time after time. Psycologically it must do their head in so yes, they should be spayed for their own well being.

Nicola
28-04-2006, 06:16 PM
Did your vet say how long it would be before she can be spayed?

CJK
28-04-2006, 06:18 PM
once she over this op, and tummy is better and her general condition is good.

Bengal Babe
28-04-2006, 06:21 PM
Sorry but I agree with DiddyDawn -I feel cats should be speyed - all mine are - it stops them raoming - boys getting into fights over the girls - also un-neutered cats gives cats a bad name - people at work say dam noisy cats - I have to defend them and say this is only the un-neutered ones.

There is no way I could put my Tia through the pain of kitten birth - at least she was asleep during her op. so no pain.

Also there are many unwanted litters -many people dump their cats bacause they are in kitten and don't want the trouble - or they drown the kittens when born - how cruel is that.

CJK
28-04-2006, 06:21 PM
maybe you should read post 74of this thread and then apologise for having a go when you so obviously dont know the whole story? http://www.catpages.co.uk/talkcats/showthread.php?t=5862&page=8

Nicola
28-04-2006, 06:22 PM
I know:( There are so many kittens about at the mo. Just have to look in Freeads:(

Bengal Babe
28-04-2006, 06:22 PM
once she over this op, and tummy is better and her general condition is good.

OH that is good news - I was in the middle of writing when you posted. she will thank you in the long run.

CJK
28-04-2006, 06:24 PM
well i have NEVER said she wont get speyed so dont see why anyone has a problem with that

Bengal Babe
28-04-2006, 06:26 PM
maybe you should read post 74of this thread and then apologise for having a go when you so obviously dont know the whole story? http://www.catpages.co.uk/talkcats/showthread.php?t=5862&page=8

ERRR EXCUSE ME WHO IS HAVING A GO ?????????? -

Don't get on you high horse at me - I am saying what I feel is right the same as you are saying what you feel is righ . if you don't like TOUGH - I am having to listen to you and your views so vise versa.

CJK
28-04-2006, 06:27 PM
and maybe you can take the speying debate to a debate thread, my initial post was to do with her behaviour not wether she is getting speeyd or not

DiddyDawn
28-04-2006, 06:29 PM

I've already read that and still can't see any reason for it. If you read post 29 on this thread, I think I already referred to it (paragraph below) and then you can apologise for not reading my post properly :D

"If you are referring to the fact Princess had one live kitten, so did my cat and she was still able to feed him, so they can still be done at the same time as a Section."

CJK
28-04-2006, 06:30 PM
bengalbabe, ia m not getting on my high horse with you, it wasnt a comment made to you at all, so dont go getting snooty with me

and you dont HAVE to listen to my views ok. if you dont like my views or dont like me then dont post to my threadds, it;s simple as that.
If people want to come on here jsut to ahve a go at me then so be it,
i was making a comment to dawn, who so bovisouly hasnt follwoed the whole story, but wants to bend things to suit her.

there was a simple reason my cat was not speyed alst week, and if i ahd been asked in a nice manner i would have come straight out and told people.

I dont need people coming on here having a go about something not to do with the original threads origin.

CJK
28-04-2006, 06:32 PM
well dawn i dont owe you an apology at all. the situation was discussed with my vet, we went with his adivce

are you a vet????

so if you have nothing to post that is related to the original title of my thread then you have no need to post at all, in fact you have no need to post to any of my posts ever really.

DiddyDawn
28-04-2006, 06:37 PM
well dawn i dont owe you an apology at all. the situation was discussed with my vet, we went with his adivce

are you a vet????

so if you have nothing to post that is related to the original title of my thread then you have no need to post at all, in fact you have no need to post to any of my posts ever really.

I spend enough time in the vets with my cats to know what I'm talking about. I would think your vet decided on that because obviously it would mean more money for him but by the same token, it's an unnecessary anaesthetic that Princess has to go through. I would change your vets if I were you love ;)

I'm gutted you don't want me posting on any of your threads.......I could be of so much help to you and give you ton's of GOOD advice :( Oh well, others might appreciate it but can I still follow your threads? That should be alright shouldn't it :D

Mags
28-04-2006, 06:37 PM
This is getting very strange....I don't know why several new members have suddenly started 'having a go' at Carly. She has said that Princess Freya will be speyed when she is well enough and I believe her......there were reasons why it couldn't be done.

All these comments are more suited to a Debates thread on the subject instead of here.

DiddyDawn
28-04-2006, 06:40 PM
This is getting very strange....I don't know why several new members have suddenly started 'having a go' at Carly. She has said that Princess Freya will be speyed when she is well enough and I believe her......there were reasons why it couldn't be done.

All these comments are more suited to a Debates thread on the subject instead of here.

Carly jumped on her high horse with me initially which I don't take kindly to. I'm not going to sit here and let her have a go because I made a valid point which she didn't like.......she wants to learn some manners.

I have been a member for a while now, just don't post much but then I'm glad I don't if this is the response I get.

CJK
28-04-2006, 06:42 PM
thank you mags.
It's obvious these new members have come here just to ahve a go at people and cause ill feeling.
BUT if people know better than a fully qualifeid vet with 25 years experience then so be it.
The issue was discussed with my vet. I am not prepared to discuss this issue any further with any of you. Anymore messages of this nature will be reported to admin.
It has nothing to do with my thread.
like i said had i been asked in a nice manner i would gladly have answered the reasons why.

so please take your hostility elsewhere

as i said if it's nothing to do with my thread then please dont post it

DiddyDawn
28-04-2006, 06:44 PM
Carly, I have been a member since March so why would I suddenly come on here to cause hostility........guilty conscience by any chance?

I did ask nicely in post 26 of this thread why you didn't have her spayed and you told me you didn't need preaching to.......nice response to a "newbie".

Bengal Babe
28-04-2006, 06:49 PM
I'm not new - I have been here since July 05 - been looking on job sites during my lunch and evenings trying to find another job so not much time for posting as my head has been filled with other things - OK that has nothing to do with the lovely Princess and her problem bless her furry paws -

The people who were there then have disappeared -

I thought this was a cat forum to get help and advise and to advise others with your experiences but that seems to have changed aswell.:cry:

Moli
28-04-2006, 07:00 PM
Poor princess she has really been throught it , hopfully now she can settle down and have a life full of love and cuddles....

Luke
28-04-2006, 07:09 PM
Basically i'm going to echo what mags has said:)-we all are entitled to our opinions/views and beliefs, however just as we see these correct in our eyes doesn't mean we should force them on others, nor does it mean that someone's opinion who's differs to yours is incorrect:)
Now lets do the usual CP thing-and move on from this!:)

Carly-I wish PF all the best in a speedy recovery!:D

CJK
28-04-2006, 07:09 PM
she gets tonnes of cuddles and kisses. When she wants them of course, though rather gentle ones these days!!

CJK
28-04-2006, 07:10 PM
thank you luke, as ever a very mature and respectfull young man

DiddyDawn
28-04-2006, 07:13 PM
Basically i'm going to echo what mags has said:)-we all are entitled to our opinions/views and beliefs, however just as we see these correct in our eyes doesn't mean we should force them on others, nor does it mean that someone's opinion who's differs to yours is incorrect:)
Now lets do the usual CP thing-and move on from this!:)

:D

Luke, I was asked my opinion because Carly stated something that wasn't true......she doesn't know me so how can she read my mind :? I was asked why I believe all cats should be spayed and I answered.........I didn't force my opinions on anyone........I was asked for it :)

blackcatlover
28-04-2006, 07:15 PM
:shock: Blimey just got through this one :shock:

I only know one thing & that's getting her done is the the only option, a very good friend of mine lost her cat through cancer of the boobs (sorry can't spell mamery) & it's a very real problem.

Sorry new here, but all advice should be taken on board & there's no need for a bun fight.

I know you're obviously feeling under attack CJ, but everyone here (I'm sure) has their first love's interest at heart

Moli
28-04-2006, 07:15 PM
I am with Mags on this one, Carly gave Princess a home when no-one wanted her, she has love and cared for her ever since! Losing her kittens was an awful thing to happen, but she is now on the road to recovery thanks to Carly, wether she gets her spayed or not is entirely up to Carly!!

Luke
28-04-2006, 07:20 PM
Luke, I was asked my opinion because Carly stated something that wasn't true......she doesn't know me so how can she read my mind :? I was asked why I believe all cats should be spayed and I answered.........I didn't force my opinions on anyone........I was asked for it :)
Yes-your opinion was asked for, but that doesn't mean that your opinion is necesarily correct.
As i said before...we are all entitled to our own opinions-and just cause they differ from someone elses doesn't mean one is more correct than the other.
Now lets put this behind us...and get back on topic on this thread-it isn't a debate, its a behavioural thread:)

Luke
28-04-2006, 07:21 PM
I am with Mags on this one, Carly gave Princess a home when no-one wanted her, she has love and cared for her ever since! Losing her kittens was an awful thing to happen, but she is now on the road to recovery thanks to Carly, wether she gets her spayed or not is entirely up to Carly!!
Here Here Pat, last time i checked it was the owner of the pet whom was responsible for what actions/care are taken with their pets:)

DiddyDawn
28-04-2006, 07:25 PM
It seems by this thread alone that an opinion off someone else isn't valid if Carly doesn't like it. I don't expect to be attacked for asking why she didn't get Princess spayed at the same time as a section......this is usually the done thing if they aren't being bred from unless the vet wants to make more money. This isn't just my opinion, this is common knowledge..........and I did ask nicely ;) I'm not saying any more on this subject now as it's boring me now and giving me a headache.......thanks for your input Luke, it's much appreciated :D

I do agree with your last post but only if the pet owner is responsible.......not all of them are, I have the proof here that they aren't........lots of unwanted cats and kittens!! If any of you did rescue and see what I see, maybe you'd change your mind but that's my opinion :D

Fran
28-04-2006, 07:28 PM
This thread has got totally out of hand and I feel Carly has been 'answerable' for something which she did not even post about. Carly has had a very tough time recently with PF. She took her vets advice re spaying and that's the end of the matter as far as I am concerned. I think this thread should now revert back to PF and how she is recovering..

Moli
28-04-2006, 07:29 PM
This thread has got totally out of hand and I feel Carly has been 'answerable' for something which she did not even post about. Carly has had a very tough time recently with PF. She took her vets advice re spaying and that's the end of the matter as far as I am concerned. I think this thread should now revert back to PF and how she is recovering..Agree with you PK....

Tracey
28-04-2006, 07:31 PM
Blimey....this site does like to get heated.

I have to say that i know when i adopted my cats from rescues...RSPCA, Animal, accident and Rescue in Nottingham, cats protection and also a private rescue, it was part of the contract that i had them spayed at 6 months...which i did.

As for the qoute...Here Here Pat, last time i checked it was the owner of the pet whom was responsible for what actions/care are taken with their pets:smile:....

Sadly, that is why all rescues are full to over flowing with un wanted kittens and cats.....:(

That is the end of my say:?

CJK
28-04-2006, 07:32 PM
i have asked once and i repeat
if your post is nothing to do with princess recovery then please dont post it here

take your debates on cat speying elsehwere please. i am not even going to answer you

Fran
28-04-2006, 07:35 PM
Blimey....this site does like to get heated.

I have to say that i know when i adopted my cats from rescues...RSPCA, Animal, accident and Rescue in Nottingham, cats protection and also a private rescue, it was part of the contract that i had them spayed at 6 months...which i did.

As for the qoute...Here Here Pat, last time i checked it was the owner of the pet whom was responsible for what actions/care are taken with their pets:smile:....

Sadly, that is why all rescues are full to over flowing with un wanted kittens and cats.....:(

That is the end of my say:?

Quite the contrary Tracey, this site very rarely gets heated. Please can we keep on topic in this thread? If you wish to discuss neutering vs not neutering could you start a thread in the relavent section? Thank you

Az
28-04-2006, 08:03 PM
I'm locking this untill I get a chance to read it.

Do NOT carry the discussion over into other threads.