PDA

View Full Version : Help - am I a dunce gardener

candyshandy
25-04-2006, 09:28 PM
Ok - I received the replacement coleus canina (10 young plants) last week and immediately potted them put them in a saucer of water until top was moist. I placed them on my kitchen windowsill. 6 days later I am down to 4 plants and they're looking a bit dodgy :? . Just spoke to Mum and hers are exactly the same :(

What are we doing wrong please?

Hreow
25-04-2006, 10:04 PM
Too damp? Too hot? Or perhaps just a(nother) bad batch?

Fran
25-04-2006, 11:31 PM
Sorry can't help. I must be the worst gardener that ever existed :oops: But I really hope you manage to save your remaining plants. I do know some of the members on here are very green fingered, so I am sure someone will be able to offer you some advice. Good luck!

dinahsmum
26-04-2006, 08:17 AM
I would say too damp too. I think Coleus is being put forward as a plant for our new 'drought gardening' regime, so would gues it doesn't like sitting with its feet wet.
Good luck

candyshandy
26-04-2006, 06:48 PM
Thanks for the replies. I have put them in the porch and turned the rad off. Hopefully a more even temp will do some good :?

dandysmom
26-04-2006, 08:37 PM
Am puzzled by this, as Coleus is usually an easy plant (can even root cuttings in water!). Think the suggestions about being too damp are likely...hope they do much better outside...let us know!

Donna
26-04-2006, 08:42 PM
I hope you manage to save a few plants!