PDA

View Full Version : Cat colour

Kazz
25-04-2006, 09:24 PM
I just wondered after all the effort and time DM has put into getting her ginger Tom, can I ask is there a colour of cat/kitten you want to own?

For me its been a tabby and a Tom if possible but a girl would be fine ;) I think because the tabby Tom's I've met/seen have been lovely big gentle cats. Or a proper ginger Tom.

So for me it would be tabby or ginger..........although a cat in need of whatever colour would not be overlooked;) In other words maybe I am just not fussy.:roll:

Moli
25-04-2006, 09:31 PM
I would love a tortie...

candyshandy
25-04-2006, 09:31 PM
I always wanted a black cat and I have him now but like you Kazz would really give a home to any (room permitting!!). Must admit though after seeing the black/white bicolour at the cat show - I'm in love :D

Mags
25-04-2006, 09:36 PM
I would go for another ginger tom.....just like my Sam:(

Kim
25-04-2006, 09:37 PM
I think I have had a cat of just about every colour! Tabby, tortie, white, black, grey, ginger, ginger & white. Have i missed anything - apart from the pedigrees?! I don't really mind, I have got cats for differing reasons: some of them from the animal sanctuary because they were old and some because I just liked them! I don't really have a preference, but must admit I think black cats are cute!

CJK
25-04-2006, 09:37 PM
blue tabby persian here.

Or a smokey grey/ blue cat of any sort

Kazz
25-04-2006, 09:39 PM
Yet Kim it appears black cats like black dogs are the most overlooked in rescues.

Snoof
25-04-2006, 09:42 PM
Grey, or silver, or ginger, or tortie-and-white. Or ticked.

Actually... I'm just a sop who goes "oooooh kitty!" :lol:

Donna
25-04-2006, 09:43 PM
Have a tortie girl and a black girl cat now - would love a cream boy one day to look after the girls!

candyshandy
25-04-2006, 09:46 PM
Yet Kim it appears black cats like black dogs are the most overlooked in rescues.

I couldn't believe that fact when I found out - blacks have always been my fave. When I went to Chapelhouse she asked if I was looking for anything in particular and I said I would love a black cat but not fussy. I think she thought it was Christmas :D

Hreow
25-04-2006, 10:14 PM
Black, grey tabby or anything that melts into the background. Rover would need a pine forest, though. :-) Colour isn't something I'd choose on, if I even had the luxury of a choice (tend to get picked). May have something to do with not being visually orientated.

Booktigger
25-04-2006, 10:24 PM
I would love another tabby, another pure white, already have my pure black, a blue/grey, a silver tabby, maybe another ginger, and I would love a longhaired cat (but not sure if my allergies woudl cope, so waiting to foster one first) - think that is it. That said, I have only had the luxury of picking a cat once, and I didn't come home with a colour I thought I would!! And I prob wont get to choose a cat for quite a while, they have a habit of just turning up. I would never choose to have a tortie though, but if one needed a home, then it would get one. Mind you, I didn't really used to be that keen on black and whites, but have had a few of them now - despite black and whites and blacks being hard to home, there are 6 black and whites and 2 blacks on my street and the street next to us - that is between 6 houses.

Luke
25-04-2006, 10:45 PM
Well i've got a strong thing for torties...they are my true love!
Would love a blue moggy...and pershaps a silver tipped BSH..but truly, in my heart i know a ginger tom next on my list..have so many memories of past ginger old men!

Luke
25-04-2006, 10:49 PM
Not forgetting i would love a black and white tuxedo marked tom!

Fran
25-04-2006, 11:02 PM
Not forgetting i would love a black and white tuxedo marked tom!

Oooh I have one of those Luke and he is massive!!!

Moggie wise I would like a silver tabby or a pure white. Have had or do have most other colours with exception of a ginger tabby and for some reason I have no desire to have one :? I would never have another full black cat as nothing will ever ever live up to Lucky :( Black cats are very very special and until you have been owned by one you will never understand what I am saying ;)

Snoof
25-04-2006, 11:03 PM
I'm totally with you on that one, Fran :lol:

Mags
25-04-2006, 11:07 PM
Oooh I have one of those Luke and he is massive!!!

Moggie wise I would like a silver tabby or a pure white. Have had or do have most other colours with exception of a ginger tabby and for some reason I have no desire to have one :? I would never have another full black cat as nothing will ever ever live up to Lucky :( Black cats are very very special and until you have been owned by one you will never understand what I am saying ;)
I never used to like ginger cats and always said I wouldn't have one. When we went looking for a cat, little ginger Sam was amongst 6 other grey tabbies and black & whites. I fell in love with him immediately and he turned out to be the most wonderful cat!!

candyshandy
25-04-2006, 11:08 PM
Me too Fran.

Purdi was Mum's cat but he used to sleep with me when I came home from Uni. Hope he's having fun at the bridge. :(

Fabian is my special black boy and is very loyal whereas Sol and Foofoo will go to anyone :roll:

Moli
25-04-2006, 11:15 PM
Must admit, my all time favourite must be blue!

Fran
25-04-2006, 11:17 PM
Must admit, my all time favourite must be blue!

Agree with you there Moli...my favourite cat colour is blue :cool:

dandysmom
26-04-2006, 05:03 AM
If I were to pick by color, it would definitely be a calico!! :D

dinahsmum
26-04-2006, 08:33 AM
I don't think I have a favourite and my insistence on having a ginger at this point seems quite trivial. We have said we fancied one before ginger never turned up at the right time, so, as this will be the last time we chose a kitten, have decided that this time it WILL be ginge.
Rescues from here on, so it will be a choice based on personality, not colour.

Kim
26-04-2006, 06:30 PM

Yes Kazz and I can never understand that! I was pleased to see that at the Greyhound Gap show this Sunday they have a class for black dogs only and for that very reason!!

Donna
26-04-2006, 09:18 PM
I'm totally with you on that one, Fran :lol:

I will third that one Snoof!!!:D

bobbie3917
26-04-2006, 09:50 PM
well i have 1 of my fav colours and that is Minx i love blue tabbies i wouldnt want a sold blue MC but i do like the colour on shorter coated cats. i would also love a sliver tabby MC or other wise.

Jeanette
26-04-2006, 10:18 PM
I would love a blue kitty:D

And maybe another ginger.. But boy they are sooooooo noisy!!!!!:roll: :)

pollysmum
29-04-2006, 04:35 PM
Think i've had over the years most colours and mixes of colours except a tortie and i really want one ,have set my heart on that being my next member of family .:)

Naomi
29-04-2006, 08:25 PM
I'd really love a tortie

Rosie
02-05-2006, 03:49 PM
Or a smokey grey/ blue cat of any sort

Same here would love a blue.