PDA

View Full Version : Sexing kittens (for DM)

Fran
25-04-2006, 04:51 PM
Taking piccies was much harder than I thought. The bits and pieces just don't seem to come out well on camera...here is my pathetic attempt. It is obvious to me but then I know what I am looking at. I hope this helps but not sure if it will..

This is a girl - you can see the two 'openings' quite near to each other.......................... This is a boy
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v669/pretty1kitty/sexingkittens002.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v669/pretty1kitty/sexingkittens001.jpg

dinahsmum
25-04-2006, 04:59 PM
Thanks Fran!
That's as I remember, and I was pleased I spotted the little chap in the Clooney clone pics!
Wish me luck tomorrow afternoon! Sandra is quite nonplussed about it - she's even talking about taking them to the vet to be sexed but I think we'll be able to do it.......must remember to take my specs! :)

Snoof
25-04-2006, 05:03 PM
Best of luck, DM :-) And good pictures Fran! I think that's quite clear really, but not sure I'd be able to do it if there were only one sex in a litter, either!

Fran
25-04-2006, 05:18 PM
It's easier to sex them at birth to be honest. But little girly bits and pieces are really quite close together. Best of luck tomorrow DM!

Mags
25-04-2006, 06:13 PM
Well done Fran! :p

Hreow
25-04-2006, 06:35 PM
And an extra pat to the kittens who found their owners staring at the other end from what they're used to. :-)
Those were very useful photos.

smudgley
25-04-2006, 06:40 PM
Fran - well done for taking & posting such clear pictures.:) :)
It isn't easy (I know as I took some of my kittens, but they weren't very clear - so didn't even post them):roll:

Sweet
25-04-2006, 07:10 PM
I now know ;)x

Booktigger
25-04-2006, 10:36 PM
How impressive - it is really clear what sex they are. I have only had to sex kittens once, think I got it right!! 3 were pure gingers though, made it slightly easier!!

smudgley
25-04-2006, 10:51 PM
that reminded me of a friend who had kittens years ago.
4 kittens altogether 2 ginger & 2 tabby.
She knew there were 3 of 1 sex & one of the other, as 3 were the same & the other one different.
She pressumed the 2 gingers & one tabby were boys, therefore the other tabby must be a girl.
I went with another friend to look at them & to sex them for her.
well did we laugh! She was right that 3 were the same - but the 2 gingers & the one tabby were females & the other tabby was the male. :roll:

The 2 gingers were semi long-haired & she kept them.... called them Daisy & Maisy.:cool:

deester
26-04-2006, 10:08 AM
when our vet sexed 2 of our kittens yrs ago she said 'definately both girls no boys there' they both turned out to be boys, holly became olly!

dinahsmum
26-04-2006, 03:58 PM
Just having a last 'refresher' look before I tidy the gardening rubbish out of the jeep and head off.
It's sort of 'girlie bits wink vaguely upwards towards bottom, boy bits droop vaguely downwards, and at a greater distance from bottom-hole', isn't it? Well, that will act as an aide-memoire for me!
Speak later!