PDA

View Full Version : Meet Maggie the Magnolia

Kazz
22-04-2006, 10:36 PM
Here is my Magnolia named today Maggie. Planted in the new bit of the garden now the slabs have come up and the compost etc added, and Maggie is ready bloom - fingers crossed.:)

Maggie http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/kazz76/Captured2006-4-2200004.jpg

Fran
22-04-2006, 11:01 PM
Maggie is lovely Kazz!! Magnolia trees are my very favourite. I have a large one in the garden, it's my most favourite tree in the garden. It's in bloom now and Lucky is buried right underneath it ;) Must get a piccie of it..

Kazz
22-04-2006, 11:04 PM
Maggie is lovely Kazz!! Magnolia trees are my very favourite. I have a large one in the garden, it's my most favourite tree in the garden. It's in bloom now and Lucky is buried right underneath it ;) Must get a piccie of it..

Yes please Fran I love them I have been nurturing and egging on Maggie since she was a forgotten twig - yet again another "sad rejected Plant I brought" odd I wouldn't have a runt of a litter be it dog cat whatever but I do buy lost soul plants.:roll:

Fran
22-04-2006, 11:07 PM
Here is a piccie taken last year after it had flowered. I will take a more recent piccie of it as it does look extremely beautiful in full bloom :cool:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v669/pretty1kitty/Magnoliatree.jpg

Donna
23-04-2006, 08:09 AM
Its gonna look lovely Kazz, and be as big and strong as Fran's tree soon!!! Unfortunately I cannot have anything big in my garden as it wont fit!!!

Hreow
23-04-2006, 08:43 AM
Do you name all the plants, or just the long-term residents?
She's gone a long way from desperate twig. Nice proportions.

Mags
23-04-2006, 10:27 AM
Maggie will look a picture when in full bloom Kazz :cool: She is lucky she has such a good Nursery maid! ;)

smudgley
23-04-2006, 11:25 AM
I love Maggie. :)

As you know I'm not good in the garden. But I do love magnolia & I know we have got one in full bloom in the garden - I'll get a picture of her later. :)

Kazz
23-04-2006, 05:11 PM
I don't think mine will get as big as Fran's mine is a shrub type not the tree resort I hope:shock: I haven't got plans for a tree there.:shock: :shock:

Kazz
23-04-2006, 05:21 PM
Do you name all the plants, or just the long-term residents?
She's gone a long way from desperate twig. Nice proportions.

Thank you yes she has come on well. :D And only the long term "decent sized plants do I name" or maybe Ishould say those I seem to "take under my wing :D so far I have...........

Maggie the Magnolia.
Sunny the Sundance
Acer - the Acer obviously (also a rescued twig)
Junior - the little Acer (also a rescued twig)
Alfred (large Holly) really Golden Queen
The Peries arejust known as Little and Large:D
The tree's have names sort of or at least names we recognise them by when I try to piont something out. :roll:

The big tree ( for obvious reasons)
White Tree (has white blossom in Spring)
Leggy Tree (a new addition this year, he is tall and thin)
Oscar's Tree (meant to be planted by where Oscar is buried but I decided against itwhen I saw the tree's the Leggytree is planted there but still the one tree is called Oscar's tree)
Conifer tree or Shed tree(the tree planted byt he shed/conifer)
Acer
Junior
Old Yella (a yellow acer just behind the big Acer.)

Does no one else name their plants tree's:-D

I have got two new acers today and they are to be called Eric and Ernie after M&W:-D :roll:

Hreow
23-04-2006, 05:39 PM
Have done. Nothing large & permanent in this garden is just mine, though. And I won't repeat what I call the bramble. :grin:

Sweet
23-04-2006, 05:50 PM
Ive got a car named Flora :) and a air freshner dolphin called Dolly :) and I chat to them infront of anyone - am I mad? LOL dont answer that!!!

Also a magnolia in flower in my front garden.

~~waves~~ to maggie x x x

Hreow
23-04-2006, 05:55 PM
Not more mad than suits you. :grin: There are times when I prefer to talk to inanimate objects. They don't talk back and they don't generally let you down.

Don't think a magnolia would grow in the size tub I still have room for. : / Shame.