PDA

View Full Version : Wonder what I'll get in next?

smudgley
20-04-2006, 07:14 AM
2 of my cat pens will be empty today when Matilda & Moli & Mags go... wonder what will be coming in next :cat19

Sweet
20-04-2006, 08:23 AM
..........watching this space, I am sure it will not be long x

CJK
20-04-2006, 08:55 AM
more kitens maybe? lol
or a nice tortie?

Did i tell you i am psychic though? i can see..............cats!!!!!
lol

Fran
20-04-2006, 08:58 AM
Oooh I am watching this space Smudgley!!

Snoof
20-04-2006, 11:29 AM
Exciting :-D

dinahsmum
20-04-2006, 11:36 AM
:smt102 Dunno what will come in Smudgley, but I think it's time you persuaded your builders that they have to take at least one kittie each when they finish the job! :-D

Julie84
20-04-2006, 12:20 PM
Ooh, how exciting! :)

Booktigger
20-04-2006, 12:59 PM
Ooh, how exciting!!! My cat room is finished now (except for putting two shelves up), and I spoke to the rescue yesterday, but they didn't have anything in for me to foster at the moment. Although tom and Molly are fosters, they have been here for ages and are fully integrated, so no longer feel like fosters, it feels like I have 4 permanent cats!! I would love a young playful cat at some point this year, to play with all the toys I keep buying, and I would love to foster a long haired cat (to see if my allergies can cope with one)

Mags
20-04-2006, 01:24 PM
Will it be mum and kittens:smt017............or will it be a mature cat:smt017

Looking forward to whichever it is Smudgley!!

smudgley
20-04-2006, 02:16 PM
:smt102 Dunno what will come in Smudgley, but I think it's time you persuaded your builders that they have to take at least one kittie each when they finish the job! :-D

:) the one builder has 2 dogs - so no cats for him :( his one dog comes with him every day, he's an old westie - spends all day sniffing & piddlin' :shock: . The other guy (the one who runs & rides his bike everywhere) is animal mad & asks me every morning "are the kittens ok?" -- "how's Matilda?" ---"Are Moli & Mags alright?" He's lovely. I asked him if he's got any pets & he said he can't where he lives now - but is moving & hopes to have a cat when he moves. He has taken photos of them all too. He even came to tell me today that the rabbits were getting wet as it had started raining :oops:

smudgley
20-04-2006, 02:17 PM
Oh & I think I'm getting a pregnant one. ;)
Watch this space - that's all I know at this stage - but as you know - things change all the time, so we'll wait & see what news we get later.

CJK
20-04-2006, 02:19 PM
well iw as clsoe, i said maybe kittens. does that count lol.

IF they DO come in you know what to do....don't forget the piccies.

Fran
20-04-2006, 02:19 PM
Blimey, your pens are never empty very long are they :(

Watching this space ;)

smudgley
20-04-2006, 02:21 PM
LOL - :lol:
Once I asked hubby "what is the 1st thing we must always do with new cats?"
he replied "frontline them?" I said no try again - he then said "worm them?" I said nope - try again & then the penny dropped & he said "Oh I know take photos for Catpages!:roll: " & that little smilie was his face after he said it

CJK
20-04-2006, 02:22 PM
sad isnt it really how many cats pass through smudgley towers, as it's now known.
Good for them that theyre with such lovely people, but really gets you thinking about how many cats are unwanted these days, esp how many pregnant ones smudgley seems to get.

Poor babies.
really makes me want to foster when I get a bigger house and nice garden with enough space for cat pens!

smudgley
20-04-2006, 02:24 PM
Blimey, your pens are never empty very long are they :(

Watching this space ;)

No they're not even empty yet. M & M & M are still here! but going soon. I just got a text from the lady who takes the calls of cats waiting to come in & she said the waiting list is huge & growing of cats needing our help.

Fran
20-04-2006, 02:26 PM
No they're not even empty yet. M & M & M are still here! but going soon. I just got a text from the lady who takes the calls of cats waiting to come in & she said the waiting list is huge & growing of cats needing our help.

I know there is a huge cat rescue problem but do you think the recent bird flu scare has increased the problem somewhat?

smudgley
20-04-2006, 02:29 PM
sad isnt it really how many cats pass through smudgley towers, as it's now known.
Good for them that theyre with such lovely people, but really gets you thinking about how many cats are unwanted these days, esp how many pregnant ones smudgley seems to get.

Poor babies.
really makes me want to foster when I get a bigger house and nice garden with enough space for cat pens!

People say we so a great job to help them, but I know the "bigger picture" & I know that for every one are have in - another 10 are waiting. Also for every one we neuter another cat is adding to the population. (No offense to people here with kittens, you are all responsible / caring people who will ensure your babies are reared in the correct way, and your babies go to good knowledgable homes) I'm talking about people who's cats go & have a litter under a bush - who don't get wormed & don't have the correct premium quality diet, during pregnancy & lactation.

Anyway - photos will be posted as soon as possible.:)

smudgley
20-04-2006, 02:31 PM
I know there is a huge cat rescue problem but do you think the recent bird flu scare has increased the problem somewhat?

Maybe - I don't know but I don't think so, I think we are relatively quiet (or should I say quieter) than usual for this time of year. For some reason, this year there have not been so many kittens about. (yet)

CJK
20-04-2006, 02:32 PM
my SIL was one of those people.
She elt her cat have two litters before speying.
well she had three but one litter was attacked by her dog.
All three happened when she let the cat out to find the local Tom.

Princess will certainly be speyed ASAP after birth of kittens.

So many people ignornat for one reson or another, either dont want to know or need educating about the problems.
My brother rang me saying a mate of his is loking for a kitten. so i suggested a rescue.
He rang his friend, and got told " nah i dont wanna pay for one, i want a free one"

some people!

Donna
20-04-2006, 05:42 PM
Looking forward to pictures Smudgley - whatever you get.

You have made me think about older cats - didnt even think about it before - and I think any other cats I get in my life will be from a shelter.

Poor babies.

EmmaG
20-04-2006, 05:45 PM
The other guy (the one who runs & rides his bike everywhere) is animal mad & asks me every morning "are the kittens ok?" -- "how's Matilda?" ---"Are Moli & Mags alright?" He's lovely. I asked him if he's got any pets & he said he can't where he lives now - but is moving & hopes to have a cat when he moves. He has taken photos of them all too. He even came to tell me today that the rabbits were getting wet as it had started raining :oops:

Is he married??? :-D :-D :-D

Booktigger
20-04-2006, 06:41 PM
Can't wait to see what you get - the rescue I foster for have 3 litters of kittens in at the moment, the eldest set are 7 weeks old, and she has people viewing them this week but other than that, they are quiet - so quiet that it looks like I am waiting for the 2 mum cats to wean the kittens and get spayed before I get a foster!! But I hadn't really thought about the cats that we don't get notified about.

Kazz
20-04-2006, 06:59 PM
Looking forward to pictures Smudgley - whatever you get.

You have made me think about older cats - didnt even think about it before - and I think any other cats I get in my life will be from a shelter.

Poor babies.

I am with you on that my only concern being I have two very very very bouisterous dogs.:roll: who would not harm a fly let alone a cat once told not too ;) but are lively. But I think the oldies and middle aged are the ones for me.

Snoof
20-04-2006, 07:50 PM
My brother rang me saying a mate of his is loking for a kitten. so i suggested a rescue.
He rang his friend, and got told " nah i dont wanna pay for one, i want a free one"
I always think about this and think "What the smeg?"

Minimum donation for a cat (at any age) at my rescue is £50. For that money, I get a cat whose health has been monitored for the duration of its stay, who is altered (if they're too young you get a voucher), microchipped and vaccinated (again, if too young to be fully vaccinated you get a voucher). It always boggles me that people think that's more expensive than getting a free kitten (plus all the possible health issues which are more likely in happy-go-lucky litters as their parentage is not generally looked into and the people having them often don't bother caring for the litter's health as well as they should).

Then I realised (as a friend offered me a litter of 3 from a friend of his) that loads of people will not be paying to have their free kitten altered, and even more won't be bothering with the microchip, and fewer (but I sadly believe still loads) won't even bother with the vaccinations.

Makes me wonder why those people would even bother getting a cat.

Hreow
20-04-2006, 08:50 PM
Because the people who think cats are free are also the kind of people who don't think that it costs anything to keep a cat. They'll catch prey and eat scraps, magically escape disease and injury, and will survive on their own if booted out. Ignorence is bliss, except for the poor cat, of course. : /

Snoof
20-04-2006, 10:08 PM
I know, but what's the point of having a cat (aside from barn cats and other mousers, who at least have a use) if you're not even going to care for it properly? Every pet I've ever had has been a friend, at the very least. I don't see the point of living with other entities you're not going to interact with on any level, unless they're just there for decorative purposes (which won't work very well with an uncared-for cat) or to pay the rent :lol:

Hreow
21-04-2006, 06:24 AM
I really don't know. Because it is cute to look at (though not for long, as you said), or perhaps because it is some deep-seated need for humans to have some company, even if you give nothing in return? They're shoes I would not choose to walk a mile in, not even for the experience and understanding.

Booktigger
21-04-2006, 10:09 AM
I know people who are apparently animal lovers - their cats are unvaccinated, no chip, no collar, no regular check ups at the vets, not fed high quality dry food, don't have toys, scratch posts etc, yet seem to live to a good age, and with little health probs. I wonder why they have pets at times, but Hreow's comment makes a lot of sense in regards to at least one of them.Does annoy me immensely though.

Sweet
21-04-2006, 10:15 PM
Any new ones yet ? x only just caught this thead