PDA

View Full Version : daily thread - Thursday

smudgley
20-04-2006, 07:09 AM
morning everyone. I haven't started a daily thread for ages. More rain again here, poor builders will be getting soaked again. I've got all this week off work so not really doing much today. Need to take Ashleigh to the doctors as she has some varucas on her foot :roll: & then need to go to Asda - other than that it's just making lots of cups of coffee for thirsty builders today.:)

Sweet
20-04-2006, 08:24 AM
Raing drizzle again :(

Off to work in a bit :( think its time for a major change x

Fran
20-04-2006, 08:30 AM
Morning all, dry here this morning. Got to take Em to my mum's later as she is stopping over with her for a couple of days. A couple of days of peace and quiet for me - HOORAY!!! Got to get some serious cleaning up done today as have some visitors coming tomorrow morning. They are interested in giving Baillie a new home :cool:

Have a good day all :D

dinahsmum
20-04-2006, 08:41 AM
Morning!
It's
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/28/28_2_3v.gif
here, so I think, sadly, it's time for some http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/3/3_13_6.gif
but hopefully it won't take all day and I can
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/3/3_11_5v.gif
and
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/3/3_8_7.gif
later!

CathyW
20-04-2006, 08:42 AM
morning, i mananged a bit of a lie in,ive gotta go n get a parcel,dont know why the postman left a card where WHERE in just a lazy wotnot, which ill point out to them.
have a good day all.

CJK
20-04-2006, 08:54 AM
morning all

dont you hate it BM when they do that? we had that happen before, once we even saw them walk up the path as hubby and i were sitting in living room, thought maybe it was the letters so didnt get up to asnwer door. After a few minutes i went to get the eltters to find a card in the door.

Slightly chilly morning here, some drizzle earlier.
no plans for today really. Ryan got youth club tonight for an hour, bit of a pain cos it takes me 20 minuts to walk each way, so if i walk home in between i get about 15 minutes before have to get elliot back in the buggy etc and elave again.
usually end up wandering around the town for an hour, seeing what food somerfields have.

hope you all ahve a good day

yola
20-04-2006, 09:25 AM
Dull and slightly drizzly here. Today my heating chap is here descaling the water system - hopefully I can have a full-power-hot-water shower later . . . the cleaners will probably be arriving soon too so a full house should keep Domi amused; he just follows the cleaners around pointing out bits they've missed with the vac :oops: .

Later, I'll have to run into the bank with our passports as they need to see them in order for us to open a euro account for the business. Many of our suppliers are translators based in Europe and sterling : euro transfers are costing us a bomb!!

I'm not holding out much hope for the weather, but if it stays nice I might pop over to Marlow and take Domi on the riverside train ride to Bourne End (and check out a couple of maternity wear shops in Marlow along the way)!!!

Naomi
20-04-2006, 10:31 AM
Wet and miserable here today again.

Kids are playing and eating me out of house and home.

Gotta phone a supplier later as ordered some car parts Tuesday and they not arrived yet. They are only flipin' 10mins down the road and up here every day so god know's why our order hasn't been delivered yet :roll:

Snoof
20-04-2006, 11:36 AM
Hello everyone, having a nice day. It's a bit grey out and realised when I got up that I forgot to take in the laundry yesterday, so it'll have gotten all dewy :roll:

Annoyed that my laser pointer hasn't arrived, because I want to see what Ninja thinks of it :lol:

dinahsmum
20-04-2006, 11:41 AM
Ironing finished - deo gratis.
Forgot to add earlier - Good luck Baillie - it will be lovely if she can have a home of her own again
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/16/16_2_24.gif

Mags
20-04-2006, 12:58 PM
Dull and showery here again, all the household chores done for today.....

Going to do another hanging basket this afternoon, luckily I can do that indoors!:roll::D

Enjoy the rest of the day everyone!

Donna
20-04-2006, 06:22 PM
Usual sort of day for me, except came home to a tip of a house and no kitchen!!! Old kitchen all ripped out and the builder moaning about moving plug sockets and worktops that are not deep enough....

Cant be bothered to get bothered about it to be honest.... :roll:

Mags
20-04-2006, 06:26 PM
I hope it won't be too long before you get your kitchen back Donna......you can do without all this hassle right now (((hugs)))

Donna
20-04-2006, 06:29 PM
I hope it won't be too long before you get your kitchen back Donna......you can do without all this hassle right now (((hugs)))

Thanks Mags, am trying to ignore it to be honest. Let the builder sort it out. Gonna be soup and bread for tea for the children as no cooking appliances! Not sure what I will have yet.... :roll:

EmmaG
20-04-2006, 07:13 PM
Don't worry Donna it will all come right in the end, my dad had to put a new dampcourse down in our kitchen as it didn't have one!! what fun!!! not.

Fairly busy day today, had to attend a business exhibition where we had a stand, VERY quite and boring though. We did the same thing last year although a different venue and it was busier then, I hope we don't do it again next year.

Just cooking a curry and I am going to have a nice relaxing evening, don't quite feel myself today and I keep having loads of nose bleeds :(

Donna
20-04-2006, 08:44 PM
Don't worry Donna it will all come right in the end, my dad had to put a new dampcourse down in our kitchen as it didn't have one!! what fun!!! not.

Fairly busy day today, had to attend a business exhibition where we had a stand, VERY quite and boring though. We did the same thing last year although a different venue and it was busier then, I hope we don't do it again next year.

Just cooking a curry and I am going to have a nice relaxing evening, don't quite feel myself today and I keep having loads of nose bleeds :(

Oh dear Emma, hope you feel better tomorrow. Take care x

EmmaG
20-04-2006, 09:06 PM
Oh I am sure I am ok Donna, all I need is a bit of CP ;)

I use to suffer a long time ago with nose bleed, and was told by my doctor that I had high blood pressure, they put me on some beta blocker type medication, then when we moved I registered with another doctor and he told me my blood pressure wasn't that high according to my previous records. At the moment my blood pressure is very low, which my nurse said was a good thing, she even asked me if I went to the gym regularly!!! lol