PDA

View Full Version : so sad

CJK
18-04-2006, 05:36 PM
Has anybody else herad the story about the dogs and cats
found on a farm in west suissex i think it was.

something like 127 dogs and 34 kittens found in appalling conditions.
Reckon the farm owner should get a prison sentance if you ask me

It's disgusting

Hreow
18-04-2006, 05:44 PM
Reckon he/she/it should be made to live in the same conditions for the rest of their natural. Don't see how anybody *could*. Insane. :-(

dinahsmum
18-04-2006, 05:46 PM
Think (if it's the same story) this came to light following the death of a 70+ year old 'breeder'. (Yorkshire Terriers?) I can think of a different term than breeder :cat13

Edit; Here's the link http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/southern_counties/4919030.stm

yola
18-04-2006, 05:49 PM
I read the deceased breeder story too. It's obscene how those animals were kept. The rescue lady seemed very distressed (understandably) and whatever we might thing of the RSPCA, the sooner a law is brought in to properly protect animals from this kind of abuse the better (IMHO).

CJK
18-04-2006, 05:53 PM
it looks like it is the same story, I heard it was kittens not puppies though, but my friend must have got it wrong.
Despiciable isnt it though, and the owner is dead so cant be punished now.
Poor babies though, Such a shame, to think of the awfull life they ahve

so many dogs in such a msall space and such terrible conditions.
so sad.

Mags
18-04-2006, 06:16 PM
That is so sickening....:(

dinahsmum
18-04-2006, 06:24 PM
TV pics on the local TV station :( Glad it wasn't smellyvision.

However, apart from 6 dead young puppies, it appears they are in relatively good health. Phone number given for people wishing to offer homes.........

CJK
18-04-2006, 08:24 PM
so sickeining isnt it.
Surely even the most simplest of people (no offense) could see that's NOT the way to keep pets and theyre were unhappy!?

Wish I could offer a dog or two a home, but i just don't think I could with four cats n two kids etc. shame cos Otherwise I would love to, poor darlings

dandysmom
18-04-2006, 09:05 PM
Just appalling! We'ver had several cases lately here in the suburbs, one with cats, one with dogs, all living in overcrowded filthy conditions...I cannot understand these people...can't they SEE the animals are suffering, or don't they give a #%**!)& !!!:cry:

CJK
18-04-2006, 09:12 PM
i was watching life of grime new yorkalst week. there were two diff caes of overcrowding with cats.
One woman took in ferrals, she found in diff palces. and ended up with 64 in a one bed apartment, no joking she had NO furniture no caprets etc, there was cat poo all over the palce.
cats even sat in the cupboards, cooker and fridge.

ALL of them were PTS when the animal care and concern got onto it, as they were full and nobody else would help out and take on any of the cats.

another waomn was similar story, she got two cats, then another, and another. afte she had 9 she stopped taking them....but ended up with 70 odd when Cacc counted.

when they came back a week later to colelct them there were ANOTHER 25 kittens born.
somekitens wer PTS, as were most cats. PURELY cos homes culdnt be found. these werent ferral though, they wer equite friendly, but agian the womans home was filthfly, totally and utterly filfthy

It disgracefull

Moli
18-04-2006, 09:38 PM
:( :( :( :( :(

Sweet
19-04-2006, 07:49 AM
Poor things, speechless :(

CJK
19-04-2006, 08:04 AM
I jsut dont understnad people like that at all.

I mean isnt it obvious if you have cats get them neutered. How daft to let it get to thatmany cats and then go " oh woops too many cats".

It was so sad to watch.

I will be looking out for news of the dogs today, hoping none need to be pts. I hope people will come to thier rescue and re-home them all

Fran
19-04-2006, 09:29 AM
:( :( :( :mad:

dinahsmum
19-04-2006, 09:42 AM
This charity has taken most of the dogs
http://www.kitwilsontrust.org.uk/

CJK
19-04-2006, 09:48 AM
well at least theyre getting some TLC now, poor things.
I for one will be sending a donation, doesnt seem much but am sure it will help a little.