PDA

View Full Version : Which cat litter is best?

moggymommy
16-04-2006, 10:22 PM
There are so many to choose from nowadays and they all sound like they're really good, but they arent always are they :roll:

What do you use, and why?

Viv

PS, sorry if this has been done before.

Mags
16-04-2006, 10:27 PM
Here is a link you may find interesting, Viv....

http://www.catpages.co.uk/talkcats/showthread.php?t=2314&highlight=which+cat+litter

Kazz
16-04-2006, 10:31 PM
Hi I use Catsan seems to work, stays non smelly. Mind you it is changed completely every other day, and is cleaned of "solids" as soon as they arrive.
It is also only used by one elderly cat and she goes outside sometimes too. So not in constant use.
The only other cat litter I've used is "Thomas" and that was many many many years ago.

Karen

Mags
16-04-2006, 10:42 PM
I use Thomas cat litter and get on fine with it. It clumps for easy removal too.....

Fran
16-04-2006, 10:45 PM
I use Adsa's own lightweight litter. Have tried many others but really like this one and it's very reasonably priced ;)

Donna
16-04-2006, 11:09 PM
Catsan for me. The clumping kind. Did use cheaper stuff before, but it didnt work out cheaper in the end as you have to change it more often.

Moli
16-04-2006, 11:15 PM
I use Catstan as well, find it last longer...

moggymommy
16-04-2006, 11:25 PM
Thanks for the link Mags :)
Interesting to see that even with all these new-fangled cat litters around it still seems to be the same ones people recommend :?
I've been using the fullers earth one from Lidl with no problem, but I like the idea of being able to fluch the worlds best one, I might give it a try.

Also need to upgrade to a covered tray as angel is a bit handy with her covering up and I keep getting little bits of litter stuck to my feet :oops:
I tried litter tray liners once, what a waste of time that was, she just clawed huge holes in them :roll: :lol:

Mags
16-04-2006, 11:31 PM
I have a covered tray and they are very good.....it has a deodoriser in which eliminates any smells.....

Hreow
16-04-2006, 11:32 PM
I use "World's best cat-litter". Not the cheapest, but good value to me. It's made from corn, smells naturally nice even when used, fairly absorbent - clumps well, flushable and bio-degradeable. Slight tracking-problem, but that will be Rover's fault more than the sand. He loves to swim in the stuff. He goes for a couple of honest-to-goodness breast-stroke laps when I've just changed it. Sure he would follow that with back-stroke, if his shoulders allowed for that sort of thing. :-) (Marking the tray with scent from his paw-pads, perhaps?)
Think I've got a baby bag somewhere, if you want to try it.

CJK
17-04-2006, 08:30 AM
worlds best here too, and now i ahe tried it i would NEVER go back to using any other.

moggymommy
17-04-2006, 10:40 AM
Think I've got a baby bag somewhere, if you want to try it.

Thanks for the offer Hreow :) I need to buy a new litter tray anyway so I'll just order a bag at the same time. Appreciate it tho!

Where do you all buy your 'worlds best' from?

Hreow
17-04-2006, 11:36 AM
Dawn at http://www.worldsbestcatlitter.co.uk/ The have offers on bulk orders from time to time, so I tend to stash a good few bags in the garage at infrequent intervals, rather than buy per bag.

Jac
17-04-2006, 11:41 AM
Catsan here too. I have tryed others but they dont seem as good.

moggymommy
17-04-2006, 11:58 AM
I've just seen WBCL on seapets, £4.99 for a 7lb bag, £4.95 for delivery, but you can buy 2 @ £4.99 and the delivery stays the same, making it £15 for 14lbs including delivery, seems like a good deal! :-)
Played around with the shopping cart a bit more, delivery is standard £4.95 for orders up to 30kg, so u could buy quite a few of the 7lb bags, and I've worked out you can buy 42lbs of the stuff for £35 delivered, not bad!

Sorry, just thought that might be useful for someone!

dinahsmum
18-04-2006, 09:16 AM
I'll post my link to an alternative to cat litter again
http://www.citikitty.com/index.htm
If I get kitten(s) I shall be trying this soon, so expect reports and video clips (poor pusses! :oops: )

Mags
18-04-2006, 12:59 PM
I'll post my link to an alternative to cat litter again
http://www.citikitty.com/index.htm
If I get kitten(s) I shall be trying this soon, so expect reports and video clips (poor pusses! :oops: )
Just a thought DM......will you train them to use the flush too? :-D

candyshandy
18-04-2006, 07:21 PM
Got mine on Worlds Best at the mo and I will be going back to Catsan as soon as the bag is finished. I have found that the tracking left is awful :mad:

Aww well never mind - gave it a go :?

jenny
18-04-2006, 08:43 PM
as it happens i bought a bag of the worlds best for our new arrival. i got it from pet planet, they have a discount on one of the bags at the mo, but can only get the discount once i think.

will let u know how it pans out :D

Booktigger
19-04-2006, 01:20 PM
I prefer TidyCat clumping litter, but three of the cats all prefer to use the same tray, and I was taking out so much that it didn't seem worth it, so am trying to find an alternative at the mo. Can't use woodbase, as one of the boys poos behind the TV rather than use the tray next to the TV, so am on Sophisticat, and have a bag of an alternative to it coming tomorrow - £3.99 for 20 kg (exc p & p).

Julie84
19-04-2006, 02:13 PM
I've just seen WBCL on seapets, £4.99 for a 7lb bag, £4.95 for delivery, but you can buy 2 @ £4.99 and the delivery stays the same, making it £15 for 14lbs including delivery, seems like a good deal! :-)
Played around with the shopping cart a bit more, delivery is standard £4.95 for orders up to 30kg, so u could buy quite a few of the 7lb bags, and I've worked out you can buy 42lbs of the stuff for £35 delivered, not bad!

That is very good! Cheaper than the WBCL site! :shock:

I use Yesterday's News which I find okay. The cats and rats share so I have to have 100% paper litter (although I would want my boys to have wood or clay litter anyway because of the health risks) and it's pretty good. Murphy insists that litter is much better spread all over the floor though so it ends up being changed very frequently! :roll:

Kim
19-04-2006, 06:33 PM
Tried various types, but I find 'Clean Paws' clumping litter the best. Not cheap, but economical so the bag lasts a while and easy to clean as you just scoop out the clumps!

bobbie3917
19-04-2006, 06:40 PM
at the min im using Catsan but i love worlds best
if you use it right it last a long long time and works out at about the same as Catsan as you are always changing that
it does cost a lot per bag mind so the out lay is always in 1 go and i never seasm to have the money to get it at the mo where as £4 something ever week is nothing

bobbie3917
19-04-2006, 06:44 PM
I've just seen WBCL on seapets, £4.99 for a 7lb bag, £4.95 for delivery, but you can buy 2 @ £4.99 and the delivery stays the same, making it £15 for 14lbs including delivery, seems like a good deal! :smt001

That is very good! Cheaper than the WBCL site! :shock:

I use Yesterday's News which I find okay. The cats and rats share so I have to have 100% paper litter (although I would want my boys to have wood or clay litter anyway because of the health risks) and it's pretty good. Murphy insists that litter is much better spread all over the floor though so it ends up being changed very frequently! :roll:

thats cheeper than i can get it as a breeders
whats the link for the seapets site please

Julie84
20-04-2006, 12:59 PM
http://www.seapets.co.uk/product-details/stkcode/694002.html

7lb - £4.99
17lb - £17.95
34lb - £36.95

Delivery is £4.95 for each 30kg (so once the order is over 30kg, you pay £9.90 and so on).

The 7lb bags are so cheap you would be better off buying 5 of those rather than one 34lb bag! :shock:

jenny
27-04-2006, 01:06 PM
well ive been using the worlds best all week and have to say its fantastic.
theres no wastage of the good litter at all. i only bought a little bag and ive not had to refill the tray at all yet. mind u the kitten isnt using it that much, but from wot hes used, ive found it to be really good