PDA

View Full Version : Pregnant stray-what too do?

Luke
15-04-2006, 08:56 PM
Well a beutiful tortie stray has adopted my aunts rear porch as a nursery-shes clearly HEAVILY pregnant! (shes literally as big as an house!)..
The back story-tortie female belonged too a couple a few doors down from my aunts-they have since left their residence and kitty keeps returning and now doesnt go home, she was seen mating with a ginger tom about 2 months or so back...and now she seems too be bearing the outcome.
My aunt is a bit at a loss of what too do, so i thought i would ask you for advise!
Should she; leave the cat too have the kittens at her house, shes plenty of kittening experience after many years with her mogs!
Drop the cat in at the local shelter
or leave well alone in hope she will go back home?
ADVICE please!?!?!:D

Snoof
15-04-2006, 09:32 PM
Is there any possibility of your aunt adopting the cat? Let her kitten, get her spayed, have her as a pet?

Luke
15-04-2006, 09:38 PM
Sadly one of her existing cats isnt fond of this new female...my aunt is quite happy too make provisions for the queen to stay and have her kittens..but she just isnt sure if its the right thing to do..in the off chance that her owners may be missing her or she could get a better home etc..

Kazz
15-04-2006, 09:45 PM
Pop down to the neighbours old house and ask the new people where the cats owners have moved to, can't be far if she keeps coming back as you say.

Then either pop round or send a letter saying the cat is with your aunt safe and sound and would they come and get her. I bet once she's kept in by them and had her kittens she will not return. However if the owners weren't the nice kind take her to the local cats protection,;)

bobbie3917
16-04-2006, 01:40 AM
i agree with Kazz, she might not stay around long if your aunties cat dont like her.
lets hope she can get in touch with her owners and they keep her in

dandysmom
16-04-2006, 02:35 AM
I agree with Kazz also. Poor little girl!!:cry:

Jac
16-04-2006, 09:15 AM
Id find out where her owners are too.

Mags
16-04-2006, 10:26 AM
I would try to find where the owners are......they are probably worrying as to her whereabouts......

Luke
16-04-2006, 10:39 AM
The owners arent too far away and we know for a matter of fact they've been told before that their cat is at the old house, they don't seem too bothered TBH.
Yet my aunt said she shall try too contact them again and let them know the situation..

Donna
16-04-2006, 10:56 AM
I would try to contact the old neighbours, but if they are not interested then I would take mum to a shelter before she has the kittens, so that they will be safe.

dinahsmum
16-04-2006, 11:34 AM
I would try to contact the old neighbours, but if they are not interested then I would take mum to a shelter before she has the kittens, so that they will be safe.
Exactly what I was going to say!
Good luck