PDA

View Full Version : Cleo been in fight - panic stations here

Kazz
15-04-2006, 08:50 PM
Well panic stations here Wednesday night, I did not want to say anthing before she was okay. Which she is Thank God.
But early hours of Thursday morning about 3.am a cat got into the house :shock: and Cleo ended up being attacked.
I imagine as normal she was asleep on the landing and the cat came in, I am not sure if he has been in before but this time maybe he startled or scared her and all of a sudden sounds of a cat fight filled the house Obviously panic set in.
There was cat fur all over the landing mostly I am sad to say Cleo's, and she was bitten. The cat was scared off maybe by us or maybe by the dogs baying at the doors downstairs. But he shot off, Cleo was shaken but luckily not stirred. She went to the vets on Thursday and had a jab of antibiotics as you know cat bites can be highly infectious. She was a little off colour of course, but is okay now the cat flap in now locked at night.

The cat I have found out lives just opposite in the maisonettes and belongs to a young couple with a baby about 11 months and a little lad about nursery age the girl is now on chap number 3 neither of whom are the fathers of the children but she is apparently pregnant to this chap who lives there now.
Apparently according to a neighbour Peggy the poor cat is trying to get into everyones house for food. :( he is though a Tom cat Peggy said he's a biggish cat about 1'ish. :shock: So lucky Cleo is okay. I imagine based on the way the children are being brought up the cat is not farring much better so I wont be saying anything that could get him into trouble. I just can't afford to encourage him with Cleo being as she is a few years ago I would not have thought twice about feeding him as Oscar would have kept him in check. But Cleo can;t do that, and I am not having her safety compromised in her own house. He must be hungry though to risk coming in with the dogs about and people.

There was me thinking Cleo was eating well and obviously she wasn't she was being robbed no wonder though he kept coming back I am feeding her chicken, braised beef in gravy, roast lamb, etc etc.

Karen

Karen

dandysmom
15-04-2006, 09:00 PM
What an awful experience for you and poor Cleo!!! So glad she is OK now & that the cat flap will be locked at night. Feel sorry for the unfortunate hungry tom though; WHY to people get animals & then not tend them properly??!! Makes me so mad...

Kazz
15-04-2006, 09:13 PM
I never gave the catflap a thought thats what annoys me I was so confident Oscar would keept any strays or wanderers at bay I haven't given it a thought, and we are not exactly an area that has a high density of cats around here now. I can count them on the fingers of one hand. A Siamese up the road who must be 16 or so, and a ginger opposite and the kittens (youngsters now) round the corner all of them well loved looked after :roll: so this poor soul is a shock to me. Peggy (neighbour) said she has asked the girl about the cat but she said he's a Tom and the little lad had called him Cat.:( I have never seen him well apart from the other night in the half dark of the landing :roll:

Cleo is as right as rain, and was out and about today while I did the front garden.:-D

Karen

Fran
15-04-2006, 09:17 PM
What an awful thing to happen Kazz :( I am glad Cleo is on the mend now x

Snoof
15-04-2006, 09:31 PM
I'm so glad Cleo's ok! Is there any way you can maybe leave a bowl of dry food outside for that poor chap?

Kazz
15-04-2006, 09:37 PM
I'm so glad Cleo's ok! Is there any way you can maybe leave a bowl of dry food outside for that poor chap?

Now I am normally soft hearted to say the least however in this case since this happened I have decided not to encourage him Cleo is old now and I am not having him invading her "safety zone" in fact I will shoo him away, may even take to leaving the dogs with access to the front (when they are out of season) to let him get the message he is not welcome.

Cleo was confident today in the front but I was out there,:) does that sound harsh, maye it is but I am looking after my cat.

I have however popped over today to the maisonnette and given her a bag of good quality
dried cat food and some tins of whiskas and told her Cleo does not eat them anymore. When in reality I have been out and brought them especially can't bear to see him hungry but also won;t have him bother Cleo.

Jeanette
15-04-2006, 09:46 PM
Aww poor Cleo and what a shock for both her and you.

And poor Tom cat:-(

Some people shouldnt be allowed pets:-(

Naomi
15-04-2006, 10:32 PM
Aww Kazz poor Cleo and waht a shock for you.

I'm so glad Cleo's on the mend

Kazz
15-04-2006, 10:38 PM
Aww Kazz poor Cleo and waht a shock for you.

I'm so glad Cleo's on the mend

Yeah it wasn't good. :roll: however I missed most of it :roll: flash in the pan I think but she is fine in herslef she is a tough old bird as the vet said.
We saw Pablo the vet who she adores, and when we were leaving the receptionist said he had been worried all morning since we'd phoned in case she was "too poorly" seems the affection goes both ways she purrs when she sees him, he smiles and calls her "Mama cat" :roll: I may as well not be there:?

Snoof
15-04-2006, 10:51 PM
That's fair enough, Kazz. Let's hope they use it. Cleo deserves her nice calm old age, preferably with her own personal sun to lie in ;)

bobbie3917
16-04-2006, 01:17 AM
aww poor Cleo and poor tom

dandysmom
16-04-2006, 02:31 AM
That was really kind of you to give the food to the poor tom's owner...hope she will feed him! !Hugs to you & Cleo!:D

Mags
16-04-2006, 10:21 AM
What a terrifying experience for Cleo (and you!) Kazz.......I'm glad she is ok now.

I always keep the cat flap locked at night as I know cats have tried to come in during the daytime.
(((cuddles))) for Cleo!:)

Donna
16-04-2006, 10:53 AM
I had this once with the bullying cat in my area!! Up around 2 in the morning to a cat fight - but in this case mine were only about 1. Scared them to bits though so feel for poor Cleo (and you of course).

Glad all is well - and keep that flap locked at night!!!

dinahsmum
16-04-2006, 11:33 AM
:shock:
Poor Cleo - and poor intruder, really.
Well done for trying to help him Kazz..............could you now 'just happen' to be passing the CP free neutering station???
You don't feel like offering to adopt? Silly question - it's not a sensible proposition at the mo, is it?

Kazz
16-04-2006, 01:11 PM
I have spoken to the girl this morning and they don't appear to be being cruel cruel. However I think the cat is well and truely at the bottom of her problems. She thanked me again for the food, and asked if I could have some back in case present boyfriend thinks she's spent the money on the cat.:mad: so I have had it back she has had two tins for today and tomorrow and will get another two tins day after, she is going to feed the cat the whole tin a day :) and make believe to boyfriend he is having 1/2 tin a day. I will have to buy cheaper brand like supermarket own too :roll: as he has told her not to spend good money on catfood, we have also come up with a plan for the dried food she is putting it in a cocoa tin.;) so he won't see it, but that should help it is good quality cat dried food. So he should be fine, still not seen the cat though and I have spoken to her about having him "done" and told her the CP do free neuturing and that I could take him for her and bring him back.

I can see the blokes point there are 2 children and a 3rd on the way so cat food would be low on their priorities I imagine.

Karen

I wonder how I get myself into these situations. Hnestly now I am buying food for a cat I don't own. :)

Mags
16-04-2006, 01:27 PM
You are a Good Samaritan Kazz......and just can't help it!:lol:

bobbie3917
16-04-2006, 01:41 PM
well done Kazz and good on the girl for taking your offer

but i have to say i am a single mum with 3 kids with every little money coming in and i dont have trouble feeding my dogs or cats and there all on good food the dogs burns and the cats royal canin and tinned foof

Kazz
16-04-2006, 02:33 PM
well done Kazz and good on the girl for taking your offer

but i have to say i am a single mum with 3 kids with every little money coming in and i dont have trouble feeding my dogs or cats and there all on good food the dogs burns and the cats royal canin and tinned foof

Natalie you are a good mother and manager obviously she is I would gues only in her early 20's at most if in her 20's at all. She has two children a 1 on the way from different fathers and seems to be one of those girls who should still be being looked after not loking after. Never see any family visit like parents brother/sisters etc only the friends of the present boyfriend. Shame.

Karen

Donna
16-04-2006, 03:12 PM
I also do not have much money to spare - work part time, two children and no help from their **** of a father - but I still can pay all my bills and feed us all fairly well.

It is down to managing your money and prioritising - dont have new clothes etc if food is needed!!! The boyfriend seems to be the problem here as she seems scared of his reactions if she has spent money on "decent" cat food.