PDA

View Full Version : Alamo Nature

Elaine
14-04-2006, 08:38 PM
Has any one tried this cat food? I recently bought some from zooplus because I thought and it looked and sounded better than whiskas etc. Eva and Bernie love it and demolish every bowl. They esspecially like chicken/pumpkin, chicken/cheese and the mackeral flavours. Has any one else bought cat food from zooplus?

Donna
14-04-2006, 09:05 PM
Never heard of it, but it is worth a look if your cats enjoyed it!! Thanks for the tip!

Fran
14-04-2006, 09:10 PM
Never heard of it Elaine....must be pretty good if the cats approve :)

Sweet
14-04-2006, 09:16 PM
Same here....never heard of it or Zooplus x

Julie84
14-04-2006, 09:34 PM
I've tried the dry food and the boys loved it.

Elaine
15-04-2006, 01:53 PM
http://www.messybeast.com/cat-food-industry.htm

Was talking to Dawn about the Almo food and she sent me a thread from another site which had this link. Makes interesting reading and i dont think I will be feeding it to my babes anymore.

Donna
15-04-2006, 02:16 PM
Does it mention brands in particular Elaine? I had a quick scoot through and didnt see any "good" or "bad" brands mentioned?

moggymommy
16-04-2006, 12:08 AM
It doesnt actually refer to any brands at all but there is a picture of Almo cat food, which would *suggest* it might be one of the bad ones.

I read through most of the article and from what I can gather its saying brittish made pet food is the best.

It is really gross, you never know what could be in anything!
And it seems like the list of good foods is getting smaller and smaller :shock:

Elaine
17-04-2006, 06:42 PM
It doesnt state any brand in particular but it is upsetting to think that i may be feeding my cats their own kind. There is a pic of Almo foods which made me kind of panick a bit. A girl on another forum contacted the manufacturer in Italy via e-mail and found out that Almo is processed and canned in Thialand. When she asked about the food content she was called a eurocentric. Dont think the responded to her after that which makes me sceptical about it.