View Full Version : The PRINCESS DIARIES

Pages : [1] 2

CJK
14-04-2006, 01:17 PM
(sorry, but i got the idea while washing up,and hadda to do it!!!) :roll:

GOOD FRIDAY

Today I am seeing if I can keep everyone waiting a little bit longer for my
babies to arrive.
THere has been a lot of interest in them, lots of neighbours calling in everyday to see if I they have been born yet.

I am only holding them in for mum, she has never been so popular, and will go back to being ever so lonely once people stop calling on her to see my babies!

These Humans can be wo weird sometimes though. i think It would be a good idea to make sure the babies are born on mum's bed, but she has given a plastic box lined with old towles and new dish cloths.
SHe thinks I might like to dig around in it.
Surely even she can see the bed would be a far wiser choice, it's bigger and far more comfy. I am sure I can dig through her duvet anyway.

Every now and then I pace around a bit, just enough to get mum thinking this could be it, then I lay down and take a nap again.

Followed mum about a lot today, and given her plenty of meows, she seems to like that cos she makes a fuss of me and says "oohh whats up darling" either that or she feeds me!

Did a bit of back end washing, so much so mum even lifted my tail to take a peek, has a cat got no dignity these days?

Been sticking my nose under mum's bed a bit, and been in the stooopid palstic box for a bit of a sniff, mum gets excited when I do that and askes me If i am getting ready to have my kittens, so I think I'll keep doing a bit more, it seems fun.

I am enjoying keeping all these people waiting, wonder how long and I can these babies in for!

----------

Snoof
14-04-2006, 02:36 PM
:lol: Sounds like her... :lol:

Jac
14-04-2006, 02:54 PM
:cat35 :cat35 :cat35 Sounds about right.

CJK
14-04-2006, 03:37 PM
goof friday ad-on

Have been rather quiet today. Lots of sitting about on my own upstairs. Not very active.
Found a nice sun spot to sit in and am there.

Getting my mummy worreid though, she wants to run off to the vets with me, not that anything good or bad has happened, she is just getting paranoid that I never going to have these babies lol

just wait mum!

Fran
14-04-2006, 04:34 PM
Come on PF..you have your mummy very worried now :cat1 It's about time you shared those babies with us ;)

Jac
14-04-2006, 05:03 PM
Or are you going to make her suffer and have them in the middle of the night?

Donna
14-04-2006, 05:35 PM
Love the title of the thread Cj! Wonder how many days this diary is going to be?

Mags
14-04-2006, 06:43 PM
Don't worry PF, your mum won't be lonely after your babies are born because we will be bombarding her with requests for pics all the time!!

CJK
14-04-2006, 07:28 PM
Donna, you're a rotter you know that,
"wonder how many days this diary will go on",

you're just tempting fate now!!!!

she looking rather subdeud today, and been resting a lot. Dont think It will be today folks.
I can see me taking her to the vets tuesday at this rate

CathyW
14-04-2006, 07:44 PM
wow princess your so clever, can u teach my boys how to use a pc :lol:
good luck with your up n coming birth, u get plenty of rest your gonna need it.:D tell mummy to give you a nice stroke from all your aunties on cp.:D

CJK
15-04-2006, 08:59 AM
Saturday 15th april

Woke mum up four times last night, by jumping up onto her chest and meowing at her lots!
She got so excited she put the heater on, warmed the heat pad up
scrubbed her hands, and sat up watching me for an hour.
After that she decided to get some sleep/

So, I waited half an hour,and jumped on her again!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mum is getting excited.

I was also sick twice yesterday evening and once early this morning.
Mum is hoping it is all signs of things starting.

Did a lot of purring in her ear after I woke her upe ach time, didn't
want her tog et cross at me for waking her up.

What I didn't tell her was it was a laughing purr. Couldnt help giggling to myself
for waking her up so much, it's a great new trick I learnt!

Sweet
15-04-2006, 09:00 AM
Great thread CJ x

CathyW
15-04-2006, 09:03 AM
WTG princess:D

Donna
15-04-2006, 09:04 AM
Poor Cj will need hospital rest at this rate!!!

Luke
15-04-2006, 09:09 AM
Wouldnt it be an odd coincidence if the kittens were born today around lunch time...(was when i was born!!)

Donna
15-04-2006, 09:10 AM
Wouldnt it be an odd coincidence if the kittens were born today around lunch time...(was when i was born!!)

Cj WOULD have to call one of the boys Luke then :p

(If there are any boys that is"!!!)

CJK
15-04-2006, 09:49 AM
luke skywalker
or
maybe Luca

Mags
15-04-2006, 10:57 AM
Something stirring maybe??:shock::lol:

Jac
15-04-2006, 11:51 AM
Best of luck. I think she has you jumping through hoops:lol:

CJK
15-04-2006, 01:38 PM
well since 4pm yesterday she has thrown up four times.
Am hoping it related to pregnancy or a sign soemthing is starting to happen.
She looks so calm at the moment I am sure it wont be today

bobbie3917
15-04-2006, 01:41 PM
my first bitch i bred used to be sick just before pups were born so i hope its a sign for you Cj

CJK
15-04-2006, 01:46 PM
i hope it a sign too, cos I am exausted with all this waiting and not knowing and not sleeping cos of worrying

bobbie3917
15-04-2006, 06:32 PM
with my bitch it was more of be sick and pups with in 10 mins hope its not to much longer for you Cj

CJK
15-04-2006, 06:38 PM
well still no signs at all,other than the waking me up last ngiht for fuss.
I was so sure that they were gonna arrive last night.

Praying they arrive before tuesday and we dont need to take any drastic measures.

CJK
15-04-2006, 07:03 PM
, we tried the getting her to run about lots :-)
didnt work

now trying playing loud music! think it'll work????

maybe time for the whiskas curry!

yola
15-04-2006, 07:50 PM
CJ - you're a scream; you pipped me to the post with the Whiskas curry. Try some raspberry leaf tea too - should work wonders!!!

My PC is playing up something rotten but I'll be watching this space as much as possible!!!

Jac
15-04-2006, 07:56 PM
How about some cod liver oil?

dandysmom
15-04-2006, 08:50 PM
Carly, what a terifically funny idea: The Princess Diaries!!! Have been grinning all the way through the thread. For your peace of mind, not to mention sleep, I hope it's SOON!:-D

Fran
16-04-2006, 09:26 AM
Any news for us this morning PF????

Mags
16-04-2006, 10:39 AM
Watch this space!!!!:-D

Donna
16-04-2006, 10:47 AM
It must be today - surely?????

CJK
17-04-2006, 08:32 AM
nope, and not last night either!!!

REALLY REALLY fed upw aiting now.

Off to vet's tomorrow for check up if no signs of anything happening.

whose going to tell smudgley cos i not, i going to run and hide

samwise
17-04-2006, 10:07 AM
Love this thread!

I hope something happens soon and you all get some sleep!

Mags
17-04-2006, 11:24 AM
Can you feel the kitties moving CJ?

Fran
17-04-2006, 11:31 AM
Can you feel the kitties moving CJ?

I was just about to ask the same thing Mags...

Jac
17-04-2006, 11:31 AM
Can you see them????

Whats happening? You have gone quiet:shock:

CathyW
17-04-2006, 08:53 PM
wonder if the babies are here yet.:D

Sweet
18-04-2006, 07:44 AM
Any news yet? I wasnt online much yesterday? x

yola
18-04-2006, 08:30 AM
So . . . is no news good new I wonder??????

Donna
18-04-2006, 10:42 AM
Something must of happened as no Cj!!

Snoof
18-04-2006, 12:04 PM
On the other hand, she did say she'd take PF to the vet's today if no kittens, so could be they're off to the vet's... We'll have to be patient :shock:

Fran
18-04-2006, 12:22 PM
I have received a pm from Carly. No kittens as yet. She was going to speak to the vet today so perhaps she has taken PF down for a check up?

CJK
18-04-2006, 01:36 PM
hi,
sorry I not beena round much lately. as I told fran i not been feeling too great lately.
Cant say i not been feeling too hot, cos i have, i had a temperature lol, and thorat inferction. but to top it all off I THINK i may be getting a mirgraine.

so lease esxcuse andy typos here, i have so many patches in front of my eyse that i am literally touch typing and can brealy read what ia m tyoing.

just wanted to say we been vets, they dont think she as far along as we were told.

Before I go on I will say i HAVE changed vets today. Alot of you may remeber me having problems with mr darcy and feeling a lack of trust in my usual vet.

well i rang them today and got told to " give her another week or so and see what happens as you only had her 8 weeks so she might not be due yet"

I wasnt very impressed with this, feeling they should at least check her out and as I would pay a conusltation fee that's the least they could do.

So I rang another vets, and they said "can you get here in an hour we got a slot spare then" so off we went.
they gave her a good cehck over, said she looks in good health, and they dont think she could have been due last week. They want to see her again in two days if nothing happens for another cehck up, with no consultation fee. and see her again monday if no kittens by then either.

If anytihng obvious changes or happens i have thier out of hours numbers to call, or can call them back anytime in surgery hours.
If worried the vets said ring surgety and ask t speal to her direct.

It has allevaited my worries a lot.
I did discuss the fact that she had a scan, and they said they wouldn't trust the previous scan done , that they are not always acurate anyway, but that as we dont know anything about princess it's even less accurate.

The vet is also calling around other surgeries and vets she knows to find either somebody to drop a scanner at thier clinic, or see if we can take princess to another clinic/surgery for a scan to be on the safe side if nothing going on by friday.

I am just so worried now and very confused by all the diferent information we have een given. BUT having said that when we had the scan they did bring princess' due date forward a little bit, i think it was something like 4-5 days ealrier than we though.

but anyway, I feel a lot more confident in this new vets, and plan on changing all my pets over tot hem.

Princess has bene jumpin in and out of a large cardboard box today, but I think that's more cos she is in a very playfull mood than anything else.

wil keep you all poted as we hereany meaws!!!

Not sure if it worth doing, but am consdiering trying to find nother vet to get a third oinion, just to see if they say the same things as this new vets.

altyhough the new vets are lvoely, even if it is quite a bit of a walk!!

Mags
18-04-2006, 01:49 PM
Hi CJ, sorry you have been feeling so rough lately.....hope you'll pick up soon..

I'm pleased the vet has put your mind at rest today, the kitties will come when they are ready. We can all relax on here for a bit now and uncross our aching fingers!!:lol:

Get plenty of rest yourself while you can.....take care (((hugs)))

Snoof
18-04-2006, 04:10 PM
Hey CJ,

Your new vet sounds absolutely lovely! I'm very glad you found them :-) We'll just have to be patient for a little while longer, I suppose :-D

dinahsmum
18-04-2006, 04:28 PM
I hope you feel better soon CJ.
And I hope this marathon pregnancy comes to a successful conclusion soon. Chin up!

CJK
18-04-2006, 04:34 PM
thanks Dm,

must say I AM still worreid about princess, but theyre keeping a clsoe eyeon her, as will i br and if i worreid anytime i can call the new vets for adivec or an appointment.

Snoof
18-04-2006, 05:02 PM
I always like vets who encourage you to ring them anytime you're worried or have a problem - I don't know if I'm being misguided but it always gives me a sense that they care about my cat, if not as much as I do then certainly to a decently huge extent :lol:

Sweet
18-04-2006, 07:34 PM
Get well soon CJ x

Sending (((((hugs))))) to PF x

dandysmom
18-04-2006, 09:10 PM
Great news about the new vet; sounds line a caring person!! You take care of yourself & try to get some rest; the kittens will come in due time!!! Hugs.

CJK
18-04-2006, 09:13 PM
who says kittens arrive tongiht now that i need some rest?
When i get migriane best cure is sleep. so she'llthink oh mum not well, good time togive birth lol

keep waitintg though.....

Fran
18-04-2006, 10:21 PM
Good luck CJ!! Hope you manage to get some rest tonight x

bobbie3917
19-04-2006, 01:42 AM
try to get a good night sleep tonight Cj (im typing this and i bet your in bed lol) but do

CJK
19-04-2006, 08:10 AM
1.42 am, i SHOULD have been in bed, but to top of the migraine and sore throat i now got an icky belly and massive cold sore lol.

BUt anyway.....

TUESDAY 19th APRIL

LAst night mum kept ME awake keep getting in and out of bed.
I mean how dare she when I am by her feet trying to get some rest!!
These humans have no respect for sleeping cats at all,
and they are even so stupid they think the saying is
let sleeping dogs lie
when it should be
let sleeping cats lie

Not showing any signs of my babies arriving anytime soon
But mummmy has spoken to the vets a lot and
to a slightly loopy lady called KAY
who can talk almost as much as my mum does :lol:
And to some REALLY old lady called FRAN

And they have all helped my mum to feel a little
less worried about me and my babies.
Mum says we off to vets again tomorrow.
I am not particulary fond of going, especially
as they take my temperature.
I hope when mum gets me chipped she gets a thermo chip,
SOOO undignifed where they stick that thermometer!!!

Anyway, mum says if i dont want to go to the
vets tomorrow I better blinking have my kittens today or tonight
or she taking me back.

She trying to black mail me i think!!

Fran
19-04-2006, 09:23 AM
:lol: Poor PF!! You awful mummy you keeping her awake all night :-D

Mags
19-04-2006, 11:54 AM
You make me laugh CJ!!!!!:lol:

CJK
20-04-2006, 09:20 AM
THURSDAY 20TH APRIL

Spent a lot of time last night inside a little hosue mummy made me from
more cardboard boxes.
I really like it in there.
Been pacing about a bit today,
mum keeps watching me as if to say where them kittens.
havent told her I just need a wee and am
keeping my legs crossed cos I dont like the
yellow litter tray!

mum has been thinking a lot about what Kay said
and after this has also rung the vets to discuss with them.
MUm broguht me home on feb 22nd.
If we were to go 64 days from then
the worst case scenario is my kittens may not
actually be due until 27th april
(that would be 65 days)
so could go until 2nd may.

Mum is hoping this sint the case though, but did discuss it with the vets on the phone, who are going to see me tomorrow, and
with this in mind, decide what needs to be done.

It's all very difficult, and a lot fo guess work. but we shall see what happens and what the vet says tomorrow.
I am trying to squeeze the kittens out before then,
as mum says we dont have to go if the kittens arrive before the morning.
ANd i would rahter not go!

Serves mum right for not replacing the batteries in the thermostat!!!
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

smudgley
20-04-2006, 10:03 AM
CJ - Has your vet got ultrasound?
If they have - & you are worried / unsure of her due date - a quick scan will confirm all is well & they will be able to check for good strong heartbeats.

CJK
20-04-2006, 10:30 AM
no the old vets didnt and nor do the new ones, but new ones are trying to find soemwhere that does for me.

i am worreid about her, due to previous events not mentioned on here for several reasons, and cos i know if she goes toof ar over we can loose all the babies.
BUT the vets know what theyre doing and i got to trust them

smudgley
20-04-2006, 10:40 AM
yes - be guided by your vets advise. :)

CJK
20-04-2006, 02:16 PM
right well.
I am stressing out now, as each day goes by I am getting more and more worreid. So i rang the vets, was really feeling i shouldnt be phoning them already, but they were great, said that is what theyre there for.
We are popping in with princess at 5pm. theyere going to check her over once more for me, to put my mind at rest. ANd then If all is well no need to go in tommorrow.

I couldnt help it, I am sooooo anxious abut this.
will let you all know what they say later on.....

Fran
20-04-2006, 02:18 PM
Good luck CJ. Let us know how you get on. Is there a practise nearby that has got a scanner?

CJK
20-04-2006, 02:20 PM
none close enough to walk to fran, would be an exopensive taxi ride or a half hour bus ride.
See what they say today.
I am jsut worried cos i can't feel any movements, but then I dont really know what I am doing. Hope and pray vets feel something!

Fran
20-04-2006, 02:23 PM
Do you think your vets might arrange to borrow a scanner from one of the local practises? Everything crossed for you and PF. Try and relax Carly, I know it's really difficult and there have been problems along the way but lets just hope the kitties are having a sleepy day and getting ready for the big birth journey {{{Hugs}}}

CJK
20-04-2006, 02:25 PM
my new vets are trying to borrow a scanner for me. Therye being super, much better than old ones!!!

Am trying not to panic.
as you say it might just be things getting ready, or them running out of space

yola
20-04-2006, 02:32 PM
I hope all's well with PFC and the babies. I can understand your worry and concern and it's brilliant that your vet is showing sypathy and responding to your concerns in a positive way.

Good luck at the vets and do let us know as soon as you can. However for PFC's sake try and remain level-headed as I'm sure she'll be able to sense your 'worried' vibes.

CJK
20-04-2006, 02:34 PM
thanks yola, and fran.

must say all day i had elephants in my tummy ( too big for butterflys) and i just couldnt stand it anymore.
Think it prob just me being over worried.
but anyway....watch this space....should be back by 6pm ish

Jac
20-04-2006, 02:48 PM
Any news???????

yola
20-04-2006, 02:52 PM
Any news???????

Carly's just off to the vet, Jac. She (and we) should know more later this avvie.

CJK
20-04-2006, 03:04 PM
jacs a bit keen!!! appointment at vets is at 5pm lol

but, no sign of any kitties yet!!!

bobbie3917
20-04-2006, 03:32 PM
when did she pink up Cj?
thats not normaly happrn till about 3 weeks so if she was pick by the time you got her then she would of alread been about 3 weeks how long have you had her now?

Mags
20-04-2006, 03:35 PM
Good luck at the vets CJ, I hope all is well with PF and her babies......

Donna
20-04-2006, 05:20 PM
Good luck Cj!!

CJK
20-04-2006, 05:42 PM
well, I thought i would pop on really quickly, cos I know some of you will be waiting to hear.
It's not good news I am afraid.

there is no movement from the kittens.
Vet has taken Princess in for a cesearean right away. Has promised to call me soon as princess awake, but it does not look hopefull for the kittens. Vet cant feel any movements at all, and said now is the time to act.

If there should be any reamining kittens it will be amazing.
IF there are none surviving, as we fear, then princess is being speyed at the same time.

I fear the worst as does the vet.

Obviously I am extremely upset, i made a choice back in february and hoped it was the right one.

Anyway, more news to you all as it comes in. I am sitting by the phone waiting now.
Princess will be kept in for tongiht anyway.

Donna
20-04-2006, 05:45 PM
Oh Cj, that is sad news for you. Not much I can say, but thinking of you and PF.

((((hugs))))

Luke
20-04-2006, 05:46 PM
Carley im praying theres at least one kitten delivered safely by the c-section...this really has been a roller coaster ride for you and PF..i hope everything goes ok:(

bobbie3917
20-04-2006, 05:54 PM
sorry to hear the news CJ hope PF is safe and well and back to norm soon and fingers crossed for any kittens aswell

Moli
20-04-2006, 05:56 PM
Sorry to hear this CJ, Hugs to you and PF, hope she is home soon...

Mags
20-04-2006, 06:01 PM
So sorry to hear this CJ, I hope PF is back with you soon.........thinking of you ((((hugs)))) to you and PF......

Fran
20-04-2006, 06:15 PM
Oh Carly My heart goes out to you. {{{Hugs}}} I am praying for good news x

Hreow
20-04-2006, 06:25 PM
If nothing else, you've gained a good vet who listens when you say there is something wrong and then tries to fix it.
{joins the fingercrossers}

yola
20-04-2006, 06:37 PM
Oh no . . . I'm so sorry the prognosis is not looking good :( I know kittens would have been nice, but with what happened the other week there was every chance that there might have been problems :( :(

However - any live kittens will be a blessing and of course PF coming through all this fine and dandy is of paramount importance. I will be thinking of her and of you. You did indeed make a decision, and for what it's worth it was the right decision but sometimes things happen that are totally beyond our control. So please don't feel that you are to blame in any way - that is absolutely not the case.

Hugs to all - you, the boys and the kitties {{{ }}}

Booktigger
20-04-2006, 06:49 PM
I am so sorry to hear that the prognosis isn't good. Fingers crossed for at least one healthy kitten, and a healthy mum, at least she is getting spayed now so won't have to go through this kind of trauma again. Big hugs to you too, you must be so worried.

CJK
20-04-2006, 06:56 PM
princess is ok, we got one live kitty,a very small, weak boy.
It's touch and go if he survives.
He is a dark grey boy, calling him Marley. It was the first name that came into my head.
all being well i will see him in the morning.

CJK
20-04-2006, 06:56 PM
oh, and there were two other boys. Spencer and Alfie I called them.

RIP little ones.

Luke
20-04-2006, 06:59 PM
This literally has me in tears right now..the poor little babies:cry::cry:
but at least you have PF safe n hopefully the little one..lets all get those fingers crossed n prayers out to him tonight!

Booktigger
20-04-2006, 07:00 PM
Fingers crossed for Marley, RIP Spencer and Alfie.

candyshandy
20-04-2006, 07:00 PM
Thank god you took her to the vets!!

So sorry to hear little Spencer and Alfie didn't make it and sending positive thoughts for little Marley.

xxx

Donna
20-04-2006, 07:02 PM
So glad you decided not to leave it any longer. So pleased one has survived for PF.

RIP little ones x

Mags
20-04-2006, 07:20 PM
Sending lots of positive thoughts to little Marley tonight.........

So relieved that Princess got through it alright CJ.......you were so wise to get in touch with the vet today...((((hugs))))

RIP little Spencer and Alfie :cry:

smudgley
20-04-2006, 07:21 PM
Sorry to hear things worked out like this. :( But the main thing is that PF is going to be ok :) really sorry about the 2 that didn't make it - but hope the little surviving one does ok. the first 48hours will be the hardest. Please keep us posted & good luck with the little one.

Snoof
20-04-2006, 07:29 PM
Oh CJ, I'm so sorry to hear this :( I'm glad PF is ok, and I've got all my fingers and toes crossed for little Marley.

Edit: I'm so glad you went with your instinct and got in touch with the vet when you weren't comfortable. Things could have been much worse, but thanks to your actions they aren't.

yola
20-04-2006, 07:37 PM
Everything crossed for Marley . . . I hope he has the strength to pull through, he's in the best hands possible; thank heaven you found these new vets.

Spencer and Alfie - run free on the other side . . . :cry:

Princess - you get well soon so you can nurse your little one . . .

CJK
20-04-2006, 07:46 PM
Marley has, sadly for us, gone to join alfie and spencer.
He left for the next leg of his journey about half an hour ago.

Even the vet was crying when HE rang to tell me.

PRincess is comfy though, and resting now.

I dont know what to do with myself now.
Not ashamed to let the tears fall freely.

Never even got tomeet my boys.

RIP Marley, join your brothers and play, forever free little ones

Fran
20-04-2006, 07:46 PM
Oh Carly {{{Hugs}}} What an emotional evening you have had. I am so very very sorry x

You know where I am if you need me

RIP Marley, Spencer and Alfie x

smudgley
20-04-2006, 07:53 PM
really sorry Carly, you must now put all your energy into getting PF well again. You (& all of us) were really looking forward to these babies arriving & I'm sorry that it has been such a sad time for you, but PF is ok & that's the main thing.
Take care,

Snoof
20-04-2006, 07:53 PM
I'm so sorry CJ, but so glad that PF is doing well. What an emotional day indeed... I hope tomorrow brings better things.

CJK
20-04-2006, 07:56 PM
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e40/cjk231176/Tropical_Rainbow_Badge1.jpg

Moli
20-04-2006, 08:03 PM
So sorry CJ.....

Run Free little Alfie Spencer., & Marley...xxx

CathyW
20-04-2006, 08:09 PM
so sorry for your loss, hope princess recovers quickly.