PDA

View Full Version : Feeling of being picked on

Jac
13-04-2006, 09:57 PM
Sorry but I dont know if theis is appropriate. Not in the best of moods as C-Fur is missing and I do have a bad feeling about this. I tend to be on the ball with "feelings"

I was picked up for letting an entire female out in another thread. Yes I do let her out. She is not pregant or never had an "oops" litter. Thats with an entire male in the house.
I consider myself a responsible owner and take precautions. She has been "in call" twice. No litters. It works for me and yes she is getting spayed as is C-Fur gettig castrated but for my own reasons NOT because I have two intact cats. Afterall I know you can keep them in the house living together (when appropriate) and seporated when not.
Why do I feel I'm getting "jumped"on? If I wasn't so stupid I could go to the thread and quote. How do I do that bye the way?

Fran
13-04-2006, 10:02 PM
Jac...I think you are probably feeling a little stressed with C-fur missing :( I didn't realise you were being picked on. It's your decision what you do with your cats. (((Hugs))) hope C-fur gets his butt back home soon x

CJK
13-04-2006, 10:05 PM
jac, there are a few people on here who are, IMHO too quick to judge, who seem to think everybody should believe the same things they do.

do what i do, ignore them!!!

I belive that eerybody has a right to thier own belifes and opinions, and i understnad not everybody is goign to think the same things as me, that's life.

but some people cant deal with that.

It is entirely up to you waht you do with your cat, and if people cant repsect that then sod them

Jac
13-04-2006, 10:06 PM
So do I then I'll kick his little a**E for putting me through this. Ceilidh is breaking her heart cause C-Fur isnt here.

CJK
13-04-2006, 10:07 PM
has he still not come home then?

Donna
13-04-2006, 10:07 PM
Dont take things to heart Jac - we all have opinions and we all have a choice. Hope C-Fur is running home as we speak with his tail between his legs for being a dirty stop-out x

Jac
13-04-2006, 10:08 PM
Cheers CJK. Glad you feel the same way.

I dont bother anyone. Have a laugh and enjoy the board but there are some as you say......... in my oppionion that think they are promoted to ~God.

Moli
13-04-2006, 10:09 PM
I know you very well Jac, and nobody could do more or love their cats as much as you do, wether you have them done is entirely up to you, you know your own cats.
Hope that little devil comes home tonight.."Hug"s......xxxx

CJK
13-04-2006, 10:10 PM
totally agree jac.

also the odd one here and there that had it been my forum, would have got booted off for thier behaviour. but who am i to argue???

Jac
Fran, Donna CJK. No he stil isnt home. It's so unlike hime! Even Ceilidh has been shouting for him and he hasn't come back. Purrdie wont even go out!

Fran
Ceilidh is breaking her heart cause C-Fur isnt here.

:( :( :( Really he comes home tonight for you Jac. Have you tried putting dirty cat litter outside your door so he might pick up the scent?

CJK
13-04-2006, 10:12 PM
am sure you know sometimes cats do this, twix went missing for four days, oatmela for 5. They both came back.

It can help to print off some small notices and post them door to door etc, jsut saying missing cat, or something like that. It found twix!!!!

I hope he comes home soon. I have ehard leaving an item of your clothing outdoors can help him find his way home

Fran
13-04-2006, 10:14 PM
Another thing you could try would be to put Purdie in a cat carrier and carry her around the area. Hopefully she will call/meow make noises that might draw C-fur to her..

Jac
13-04-2006, 10:17 PM
Thank you all.

God I'm in tears now.. Have to go and try to settle Ceilidh. The PC is in her room. She is refusing to go to bed without C-Fur. Trying to get her to settle for Purrdie. (that sounds bad but you know what I mean).
Going to go back out and look for him now Derek is back from karate.
Wont mange back on tonight as it will wake Ceilidh but I promise I'll be back on first thing tomorrow. With BELLS ON if my boy is home.
Please keep your fingers crossed for us.

Jac
13-04-2006, 10:17 PM
Fran, never thought of that. Away to try it now. Thanks. Jac's xx

Moli
13-04-2006, 10:19 PM
Thank you all.

God I'm in tears now.. Have to go and try to settle Ceilidh. The PC is in her room. She is refusing to go to bed without C-Fur. Trying to get her to settle for Purrdie. (that sounds bad but you know what I mean).
Going to go back out and look for him now Derek is back from karate.
Wont mange back on tonight as it will wake Ceilidh but I promise I'll be back on first thing tomorrow. With BELLS ON if my boy is home.
Please keep your fingers crossed for us.Jac, you are not really fit to be walking round the streets, can't darrell go out and look for him!!

Donna
13-04-2006, 10:20 PM
I do hope there is good news Jac. Let us know as soon as you can x

Fran
13-04-2006, 10:22 PM
Good luck Jac x

Jac
13-04-2006, 10:23 PM
Pat he's only 15. I'll take Blue and Purrdie with me. God anyone would think I was a mad woman walking a dog and carrying a howling cat. Who would want to attack her. If they do I'll start singing god save the queen, then they will run off. Def mad woman.:shock:
Right really am off guys. Walking crutches, dog and howling cat. If I make the news you know who they are talking about:cool: :cool:

Moli
13-04-2006, 10:24 PM
Pat he's only 15. I'll take Blue and Purrdie with me. God anyone would think I was a mad woman walking a dog and carrying a howling cat. Who would want to attack her. If they do I'll start singing god save the queen, then they will run off. Def mad woman.:shock::lol: :lol: :lol: Just take it easy, you will not do your back any good!!!

Fran
13-04-2006, 10:27 PM
Jac take care! When I suggested putting Purdie in a box I wasn't really thinking you should carry her round the area :shock: Get your hubby or someone else to go with you...
Good luck x

Snoof
13-04-2006, 10:50 PM
I'm so sorry I didn't see this before now :( I hope he comes back, Jac... I know how you feel - Ninja is so skilled at hiding, when his pillow was accidentally thrown away we didn't see him for two whole weeks. But he did come back, and I'm sure C-Fur will, too.

Mags
13-04-2006, 10:52 PM
I hope you find him Jac.......

CJK
13-04-2006, 10:58 PM
that when i get up tomorrow there is news of his return.
Good luck.

bobbie3917
14-04-2006, 12:52 AM
Jac if you have a problem with me then please come right out and say it and the same goes with you CJ i do not think im GOD and i dont push my ideas on any1 i just say my bit and thats it

there are a few that have answerd this thread that are so 2 faced and agree with what i have said but will only say it on msn

if you want to get me kicked off CJ then im sure the best person to ask is Az

i do hope that C-Fur is home by now and if not yet then very soon i do hope that you find and that he is OK

CJK
14-04-2006, 07:22 AM
bobbie, I never mentioned your name anywhere. and it wasnt aimed at you at all.

Sweet
14-04-2006, 09:37 AM
Jac - sending you big big ((((((hugs)))))) x

dinahsmum
14-04-2006, 11:49 AM
The trouble with forums is that the words are there and can be reviewed again and again. Words which would either just have passed, or have been immediately challenged, in vocal communication, stay there on the screen. If people are feeling down to begin with, reading and re-reading certain words can just add to their sad feelings, or feeling of being hard done to.

It would be a shame if we all went round on egg-shells, afraid to voice our opinions, particularly on this site which is extremely welcoming and supportive. I think the huge majority take care not to jump in with both feet and there are a minority of members who are happy to 'let it all hang out'. We know them and come to expect some :shock: in their posts; just like there are people we meet in 'real life' who we know will never pull their punches. It's just part of who they are.
Me - I'm one of life's path-smoothers? You know 'the meek will inherit the earth..........as long as the rest of you don't mind!' I hope everyone is feeling less raw this morning.

Jac - I'm so sorry. Hope the little b*gg*r returns, hungry, soon. They do, you know.

Luke
14-04-2006, 02:33 PM
Jac..don't feel as if your doing any wrong..my Elsa is an intact female and she goes for a wee wander now and then..she isnt out when she's in call..and she hasnt been caught by the local toms as of yet..and considering she must have had about 3 or 4 calls now i wouldn't say its off chance!
You are a very responsible cat owner and you are allowing your cats a free'er life (of which they will value very highly!), unfortunatley incidents like C-fur dissapearing do occur every now and then..i hope he returns soon!:D

Jac
14-04-2006, 03:02 PM
No C-Fur as yet. The neighbours think I'm nuts. Was spotted out with Purrdie and Blue last night, found out this morning they were thinking I had lost the plot.
Shouting on C-Fur, Purrdie screeming like a banshee and Blue in tow.

I have put a dirty litter tray out. Some Tuna (his favourite) and posters in the local shops. Phoned all the Cat rescues locally and some not so local. All the local kids know he's missing and they will get a reward if they find him for me.
Anything Ive left out?

bobbie3917
14-04-2006, 03:09 PM
bobbie, I never mentioned your name anywhere. and it wasnt aimed at you at all.

well Jac is on about me and you are agreeing with her so i thought you were on about me as well sorry

i think if ppl have a problem with each other it is best to get it out in the open, i dont have a problem with any1 on here i like to say what i think yes but i dont push it on ppl i say my bit and if you dont like it then tuff you dont have to agree with it and thats fine with me. maybe sometimes i should think before i post but..............

bobbie3917
14-04-2006, 03:14 PM
Jac..don't feel as if your doing any wrong..my Elsa is an intact female and she goes for a wee wander now and then..she isnt out when she's in call..and she hasnt been caught by the local toms as of yet..and considering she must have had about 3 or 4 calls now i wouldn't say its off chance!
You are a very responsible cat owner and you are allowing your cats a free'er life (of which they will value very highly!), unfortunatley incidents like C-fur dissapearing do occur every now and then..i hope he returns soon!:D

Luke have you head and seen her calling (the pabbling of the back feet) cos most queens dont start calling until they are about 9 months old some do younger but most dont Scarlott had only called 3 times before she was 1 then it went to every other week just before i mated her. so im guessing that Elsa is still a little young to have 3 or 4 calls

CJK
14-04-2006, 03:16 PM
no bobbie, wasnt you at all. everybody ehre has a right to thier opinion, i fully belive that.

jac is going through a diffuclt time for her, and the main issue here is she is very worreid about her lost cat.

i jsut felt it wasnt the right time to start having a go at her about not neutering her cats whilst she is so worried.

i do agree it is not a good idea to let your cat out to be mated by any old tom cat, no offense to anybody here.
but as i said this isnt the right time, i feel, to be having a dig at jac about neutering cats. she needs suport.

I dont have a problem with anybody on here who regularily uses this site. anywhere you go in life your going to occasionally have crossed words with people, thats life.

just hope Jac finds c-fur and all is well.

bobbie3917
14-04-2006, 03:23 PM
Jac i am sorry to hear that he is not home yet, i cant think of anything to say that you have not done already (((hugs))) when Scarlott got out last year she was gone 8 days in the end i went though ppls gardens looking for her and thats when i found her

the reason i said what i did is cos i see how easy it is for cats to get out while calling or even start calling while out. the other cat lists im on it happens all the time to ppl that have had cats a long time 30+ years for this 1 lady it happend to. she has a busy house (just like Jac and Luke and meany more on here me as well have) she had her grand kids in and out and 1 of her 9 month old kittens got out. she was not calling and was back in 72 hours later. yes 9 weks later she had a litter of kittens the breeders was shocked as most of her girls from her line dont start calling till there about 14 months + old. maybe i should not say things so blunt but thats me i not just like that on here im like that face to face. i am not having a go at you im just saying what i think

Fran
14-04-2006, 04:40 PM
No C-Fur as yet. The neighbours think I'm nuts. Was spotted out with Purrdie and Blue last night, found out this morning they were thinking I had lost the plot.
Shouting on C-Fur, Purrdie screeming like a banshee and Blue in tow.

I have put a dirty litter tray out. Some Tuna (his favourite) and posters in the local shops. Phoned all the Cat rescues locally and some not so local. All the local kids know he's missing and they will get a reward if they find him for me.
Anything Ive left out?

Have you printed off some flyers and put them through all the neighbours doors asking them to check outbuildings etc...?

I'm so sorry he isn't home yet Jac. Everything crossed that he will saunter in soon. I have had cats go missing for a fortnight and still return home, thin and hungry but home :cool: Keep your chin up girl!!

Jac
14-04-2006, 04:45 PM
Bobbie,
I work in rescue as you know and have seen many things I wish I hadn't. I have seen good and bad spaying/castrations. What works for me doesn't always work for others. I think I'm responcible, although I'm quick to agree mistakes do happen. I'm also of the oppinion that if it isnt broken dont fix it. I'm sure alot will disagree. When you have alot of people together nobody expects everyone to agree all the time. I felt you were very quick to jump in with.... you dont let an entire female out. As I have said I have had no kittens, nor is she pregnant.
I dont get involved with arguments, if I dont agree I will keep out unless I am asked what I think then I will give my oppinion and at the end of the day thats what it is an oppinion.
I have very strong veiws on breeding animals and keep them to myself.

I come here to chat, have a laugh and help anyone that needs a special word or advice if I'm in the position to give it.

dinahsmum
14-04-2006, 04:47 PM
It's an added pain that it's Easter Jac. He could have got into someone's shed or garage without them seeing, they've shut it up and gone off with the kids for the weekend! :shock:
Don't give up hope - do the flyers and put them everywhere.
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/12/12_6_16.gif

Jac
14-04-2006, 04:48 PM
Fran
Printed some off earlier on. What a job I had getting a piccy without Purrdie in it! Put them in all the local shops and stores.
Think the kids are the best option for now though. They'd sell there souls for a few quid.:lol:
I'm a bit worried as they are building new houses just down the road from me. It was a field but the people that live near have been complaining of rats coming in from it to there gardens. Some have put down poison:(

Jac
14-04-2006, 04:51 PM
Fran, Dh thanks. I'm at my wits end here. It's so not C-Fur, he's just a big sook and loves sleeping with Ceilidh.
Maybe come back when it starts getting dark. Darryle's going down to where there building new houses in a wee bit.

Donna
14-04-2006, 05:55 PM
Just keep people looking Jac. When I found Misty she was only about ten houses down the road. Keep calling his name - he will hear it eventually and come running as he will be hungry.

sweetmimi
14-04-2006, 06:00 PM
Hi have you checked the neighbours garages and sheds This I have been through and my big black cat did not come home for 2 days, My neighbour had gone away for the weekend and I found him locked in her greenhouse. Its worth a try.

Elaine
14-04-2006, 07:01 PM
Jac, I am so sorry to hear that C-fur has gone walk about. Have my fingers crossed that the litle monkey comes home very very soon. I too would be at my witts end. Will be thinking of you both xxx

Mags
14-04-2006, 07:06 PM
Stay strong and positive Jac....C-fur is out there somewhere. I hope he will tire of his adventure in the big world and come home to you soon....((((hugs))))x

CathyW
14-04-2006, 07:49 PM
hes probally found himself a lady friend, he will come back with a smile on his face with a swagger saying "oh yea im the man"

CJK
14-04-2006, 08:01 PM
JAC any news on c-fur??

Het
14-04-2006, 08:50 PM
Jac I am sure he will be back soon. Its that time of year when the nights are getting warmer and there are all kinds of interesting things going on. Max has had a few disappearances this week...the first of the year. They are such independent creatures and I think we sometimes forget how much 'wild' there is in them. Hes probably just stretching his legs and feeling a bit wild, he'll be back soon.

And as for feeling picked on...I wouldn't worry about it....there will always be people who think they know better. And anyone worth their whiskers will be able to spot them and know they are talking nonsense!
Chin up!!;)