PDA

View Full Version : How to keep kitty amused

andrew021
13-04-2006, 01:42 PM
I have started throwing damp bread into the garden to attract the birds and Jet sits at the kitchen window getting all excited at the activity outside. She poses as if she is ready to pounce.

I throw some out in the mornings as I go to work and just wonder if she sits there all day.

How do you amuse kitty

Julie84
13-04-2006, 02:27 PM
My boys have Rat TV which they enjoy as long as the rats don't come too close to the cage bars (bit scared of rats! :lol: ). They spend some time sitting on the window sill watching the cars go by. They shred all the post when the postman comes. They have lots of toys - and once they are all knocked down the stairs (so they are inside the front door so I fall over when I come home! :roll: ) they sleep until I come home I think!

At the weekends they just seem to sleep all day (until I want to go to bed and then they go bonkers and want to play!)

Julie84
13-04-2006, 02:27 PM
damp bread

Can I just ask why damp? :?

andrew021
13-04-2006, 02:45 PM
I remember reading somewhere that bread should be damp so the birds can swallow it or its easier to digest.

Funny you mentioned about the postman as on Monday I was sitting in living room and Postie came to the door, Jet was sitting on my knee and when she saw him through the window she growled and ran to the front door once the post was delivered.

Naomi
14-04-2006, 06:31 PM
Mol's amuses herself as she spends 99% of her time outside. She does have a tendancy to run up and down the shed roof or sleep under the hedge

Snoof
14-04-2006, 07:57 PM
My boys have Rat TV which they enjoy as long as the rats don't come too close to the cage bars (bit scared of rats! :lol: ).
Ninja has Rat TV as well, but is also scared of it (plus wary of being in the lounge)!

He has lots of toys (or as Matt calls them, "man traps") in the kitchen - a big merry-go-round type thing (trapped ball in a round thing so it goes round and round) with a mouse on an elastic spanned over the centre... A catnip mousie... And I replace jingly things as and when they disappear (also have a catnip toy spare just in case he disappears that as well).

We also have a glove with mice attached to all the fingertips, which he loves. But that's not much good when he's alone. He goes outside as and when he wants to, so that entertains him (he has at least two friends, both tortie-and-whites).

CJK
14-04-2006, 08:14 PM
never heard of rat tv!
my moggies are out and about msot of the time.
Mr darcy wanders about house, or we play toys with him, or sometimes he plays with princess. She sometimes plays, but rests a lot at moment too

Snoof
14-04-2006, 09:10 PM
Rat TV is easy to make - get some rats :lol: