PDA

View Full Version : Harry's Ass always in the Air!!!

Shirley-ann
13-04-2006, 09:11 AM
Can anyone explain why Harry my cat always crouches down with his tail & bum in the air, he does this very often. He has been done so no worries of him spraying, he has also been wormed very recently, but he is always licking down there:? I would appreciate anyone any advise....Hmmm!!! :oops:

dinahsmum
13-04-2006, 09:18 AM
Does he seem unwell or distressed at all?
If not, I wonder if it's just a play-pose, like the play-bowing in dogs?

Jac
13-04-2006, 09:22 AM
Or it could be "look at me, I'm king pin here":lol:

Shirley-ann
13-04-2006, 09:22 AM
Hi There.. No he is very well not distressed at all, it's not a play pose but yes it is like the bowing in dogs pose, that's right. It's very strange.

yola
13-04-2006, 09:42 AM
Mine do that when you stroke their backs, their bums shoot right into the air!!! They also do that when they're doing 'pouncing practice' or play-fighting.

Shirley-ann
13-04-2006, 09:49 AM
Yes he does that when I stoke his back as well, mabe it's just the way he is then:?

Julie84
13-04-2006, 11:12 AM
Thomas does it when I stroke him too - almost like he'll do anything to try and keep contact with my hand! :lol: They're quite forceful when they want something aren't they?!

However, if you so much as look at Murphy he will fall over so you can tickle his tummy so never seen him bowing! :roll:

Fran
13-04-2006, 11:46 AM
The bum in the air thing I think is quite normal cat behaviour but if he is licking his 'bits and pieces' quite often it might be worth getting the vet to check him over? How old is he?

Kim
13-04-2006, 11:53 AM
My cats do this, especially when we stroke their backs. Sounds like normal cat behaviour to me. But I agree that if he is excessively licking his bits, then it may be as well to get him checked.

Mags
13-04-2006, 12:17 PM
Cassie always does it when I stroke her too......I think it is quite normal but I agree with the other about getting him checked out re his licking....

Shirley-ann
13-04-2006, 04:39 PM
Harry is only 10 months I will get him checked out if he continues licking his bits, I hope it is just normal cat behaviour, they can't spray if they have been done can they????????????????

Fran
13-04-2006, 04:42 PM
Harry is only 10 months I will get him checked out if he continues licking his bits, I hope it is just normal cat behaviour, they can't spray if they have been done can they????????????????

Yes they can spray even if they have been neutered Julie :?

Shirley-ann
13-04-2006, 06:49 PM
Really I never knew that!!! I thought if they have no bits they can't spray??? Would he spray in his own house??? I know He hasn't sprayed but I know but he is partial to a bit of wind problem!!!

yola
13-04-2006, 07:21 PM
I don't think wind and spraying are related issues, but he certainly could spray in his own home if there are other smells he feels he needs to obliterate (other cats, strong disinfectant etc)