PDA

View Full Version : just sewn...

CJK
12-04-2006, 02:47 PM
400 trailing lobelia (mixed colours) and 50 buzzy lizzie seeds.
AND i brought the right compost this time, didn't realise there were diff typs until Moli told me!

so we see how many plants i get out of them. Looking for petumia's as well to put in with the others in baskets, but didnt see any today.

so fingers crossed...

the kids love in the mist are starting to grow, and the cronflowers in the garden are tiny seedlings now, as is the snow cloth in the front garden.

no sign of life in the rose bush yet, but only had it a week!!!!

pansys dont look dead yet, so hoping they'll grow too. and sweet williams in front garden were sewn a week ago.

hopefully they'll all grow and look lovely.

Naomi
12-04-2006, 02:53 PM
Can't wait to see your flowers in ful bloom CJK

Kids are doing their seeds next week. Louise has planted red sunflower seeds with grandad this week

Fran
12-04-2006, 02:55 PM
Sounds good CJ!! Looking forward to the piccies ;)

Donna
12-04-2006, 03:01 PM
Sounds wonderful Cj!!! Lots of colours and lots of great flowers. I love petunias. Purple ones are my favourites!!!! Piccies soon please!!

Mags
12-04-2006, 03:48 PM
Sounds good CJ....looking forward to seeing your pics later!!

Julie84
12-04-2006, 04:17 PM
Wow, it sounds lovely. Looking forward to photos when it is all in bloom and beautiful. :)

dinahsmum
12-04-2006, 05:03 PM
We'll make a gardener of you yet!

EmmaG
12-04-2006, 06:20 PM
Another green fingered cat pager :) Good luck CJ!!!

yola
12-04-2006, 06:33 PM
It sounds like you'll have an explosion of colour come summer. I look forward to seeing the pics of your transformed garden CJ . . . :D

CJK
12-04-2006, 08:21 PM
I cant wait to see the transformed garden myself, it really does need a LOT of cheering up, though MAYBE 2000 snow cloth seeds, 50 nigellas, 400 lobelia, 50 bussy lizzie, 5 lilies, a rose bush, 5 primula's, 200 sweet william, 100 pansys's, 200 love in the mist 20 catnip and 100 unidentifeid sees is a BIT too much :shock:

EmmaG
12-04-2006, 08:25 PM
lol I reckon with that lot CJ you will have a table outside selling to passersby!!!

CJK
12-04-2006, 08:28 PM
lol thats what my dad told me, but i did explain i HAVE no idea at all about gardeing and dint know how many seeds and bulbs etc i would need, lus a lot were in packs of 100, 200 or 400.

And ALL that for around a tenner!!
amazing what you can get in netto and poundland isnt it!!!

and yes i willr emember to take photos for you

EmmaG
12-04-2006, 08:34 PM
Yes you can pick up seed and young plants at a very reasonable amount if you look, apparently Wilkinson are very good on their seed prices

CJK
12-04-2006, 09:01 PM
wopppeees

guess what??????

I HAVE SEEDLINGS!!!

just checked all the tubs in the kitchen window.

both the kids seeds are doing good, some of the pansy's are sprouting shoots ( or whatever you call it)

I have ONE catnip seedling (not bad out of 20 lol) The other ones i posted picces of are looking a tad healthier, no new ones grown but who cares, as the others are doing better.

In the front garden the snow cloth are growing ( only about a third of them at moment) and some cornflowers are growing.

no sign of the nigells in back garden, or conrnflowers in back.

something in a pot is growing, but i forgot if it cornflowers or nigella,s

this is the first time i done so well. what a difference one of them propogators makes.

mind you some of my seedlings are in trays covered in cling film and are doing quite well also!!!!!!

doesnt look like ALL those seeds are going to grow, but should get a few good ones to brighten my garden, and I am rather enjoying seeing soemthing grow that i sewn!!

thanks to you all for your advice!!!

CJK
13-04-2006, 09:43 AM
I think I might take some piccies of my seedlings alter, so you can all ahve a good laugh again!