PDA

View Full Version : Kiara has whiskers on her legs

random
11-04-2006, 12:47 PM
Ok call me stupid but I never knew cats had them there....:shock: Or is she not supposed to? :lol:

Kim
11-04-2006, 02:11 PM
Our 'misfit' cat Sidney has whiskas growing out from his nose!! We just cut them off!

carternm31
11-04-2006, 04:03 PM
Jaffa has a few on the tops of her legs, just under the tummy, my mother pulled one out the other day thinking it was loose :shock: , she howled!

Julie84
11-04-2006, 05:47 PM
Jaffa has a few on the tops of her legs, just under the tummy, my mother pulled one out the other day thinking it was loose :shock: , she howled!

Ow! :shock: Poor Jaffa.

Can't say I have noticed any whiskers on my boys' legs but they seem to have them covering every angle on their heads - even behind their ears! :lol:

Donna
11-04-2006, 05:49 PM
Strange cats!!

*off to inspect mine!*

Snoof
11-04-2006, 06:31 PM
A friend of mine knew someone with massive issues about everything being neat and tidy... Such huge issues, in fact, that she cut the cat's whiskers down to the same length as its fur :shock:

Cat ran into everything until the vet told her not to do that anymore :lol:

random
11-04-2006, 11:59 PM
:shock: i'll try and get some piccies, my camera isnt showing them up well (they are white) but deff whiskers! Just above her feet! Checked Tabs and she doesnt have them! :?

dandysmom
12-04-2006, 02:18 AM
Yes cats can and do have leg whiskers!! There was quite an article in the pet column of our newspaper about this a few years back.....they are usually on the inside of the front legs a couple of inches above the feet & very prominent in some cats & almost unnoticable in others. Both of my 2 moggies don't have them; my Aby did and my neighbor's semi-longhair did. Nothing to worry about; leave them alone. Not sure why they have them but it's fairly common.

dandysmom
12-04-2006, 02:44 AM
Random, after I posted the above, went on Google...sorry but I don't know how to post a link to this site, but if you go to www.petplace.com/cats you will find an interesting article about whiskers...leg whiskers are called carpal vibrissae !!!:D

random
12-04-2006, 08:39 AM
Thanx Dandysmom! Off to have a read now :D

- Link won't work :( I'll google it tho, cheers :mrgreen:

emma_pen
12-04-2006, 09:29 AM
According to my course, cats are supposed to have whiskers on their carpus (wrist). All of mine do...