PDA

View Full Version : Verbal report on seedlings...

dandysmom
10-04-2006, 02:55 AM
New camera not here yet (and by the time I figure it out the tomatoes will probably be fruiting...snigger) so this is what's happening. The tomatoes are all about 3 to 4 inches with 2nd set of true leaves. Peppers slower, about 1 to 2 inches, also true leaves. Miniature dahlias growing like mad...pleased...some are over 2 inches & well-leafed out. Basils still tiny, but have true leaves. The strange things that germinated & that I thought didn't look like a larkspur apparently are (never grew them from seed before) ..making true leaves that DO look like larkspur. These are all in individual pots & every afternoon I have to move them from the South windows to the West windows so they can get optimal sunshine..we're talking about 26 pots, and Leia likes to help by twining around my feet soliciting a tummy-rub!!! :roll:

Fran
10-04-2006, 08:27 AM
Sounds like they are all coming along well DM! Nice you have a little 'helper' :-D

Mags
10-04-2006, 09:34 AM
Sounds like everything is growing well your end!! :-D

Julie84
10-04-2006, 11:26 AM
Sounds really good DM and your description was almost as good as a photo - the mental image of you moving 26 pots aided by Leia was brilliant though. :) Bless her little cotton socks!

Donna
10-04-2006, 01:35 PM
Glad you have your assistant with you DM!!!! Maybe pictures next time???????

dandysmom
10-04-2006, 07:35 PM
Leia thanks you all for your kind remarks...she knows she is VERY helpful:-D :-D

dandysmom
11-04-2006, 02:52 AM
Forgot to tell you...when it's time to move the pots back from the West window to the South window for the morning sunshine...I wait until I've given Patches & Leia their dinner...then zip upstairs quickly & move all 26 back...sneaky!!!!:roll: :-D :-D