PDA

View Full Version : Major work starts at home.

smudgley
09-04-2006, 01:05 PM
Hi - I haven't been posting much recently as I've been busy with work & other things :roll: .
Thought I'd say hi & let you all know that the builders are starting work tomorrow :shock: . (For those who don't know - we moved here 18months ago with the intention of having an extension - but things were taking ages & I was getting the "bug" to move again!) Anyway all of a sudden, the plans are passed, the builders quotes are here & the builder we want to do it is able to start...so tomorrow they start.
Major disruption for the next few months - but hopefully it will be worth it. :)
I'll have to post photos.

Kazz
09-04-2006, 01:16 PM
No morethought of moving now then Smudgley;) sure everything will go well for you.

What are you having done?

Karen

Mags
09-04-2006, 01:18 PM
It will be nice to see work in progress reports Smudgley! :lol:

smudgley
09-04-2006, 01:24 PM
No morethought of moving now then Smudgley;) sure everything will go well for you.

What are you having done?

Karen

No more moving :cool:

We are having major work done, basically on every room & changing the lounge into 2 bedrooms & putting a new lounge on the back. So extending at the front & back & side, to give us the space we need & then having a staircase put in to the loft. :?

phew.....

Donna
09-04-2006, 01:25 PM
Thats a lot of work Smudgley!! Makes my kitchen seem like a minor job, although to me it isnt!!:D

Kazz
09-04-2006, 01:34 PM
Jezz thats a lot of work move into the caravan - the only advice I have picked up from these house renovation programmes is when having major work done move out.

Sounds like it will be great thought almost doubling your space by the sounds of it,:D

Hope all works well Karen

smudgley
09-04-2006, 01:54 PM
When we moved here - we were going to move to a bigger house, (that was the plan :roll: ) but ended up moving to this one which is actually smaller than the one we came from :? - mad I know, but we liked the location & the big garden & saw the potential to extend, hence now here we are :cool: ready to go,go,go with the work.
We currently don't have enough rooms & space - so this will make it a lot better for us. oh & we are in a bungalow. (incase you wondered why the lounge is to become 2 bedrooms) :lol:

They plan to start on the back & extend out there first, then work forward, this way hoefully we will cope ok.

I feel a whole load of stressfull days ahead:roll:

One good thing is that the builder did a lot of work for us on our first house, so we know him quite well. ;)

dinahsmum
09-04-2006, 03:26 PM
good luck!
It's no fun having the builders in, but at least summer is coming so hopefully there won't be too much mess.
There's always CP for a little steam-removal.

Sweet
09-04-2006, 03:31 PM
Thinking of you with all the hard work ahead.

Nice to hear you posting, I was wondering and hoping everything was ok.

Julie x

smudgley
09-04-2006, 03:34 PM
Thanks Sweet. I am fine, just not got much spare time at the mo - which reminds me - better go...... got some kittens to rehome today - (the K litter are off on their travels) :)

Fran
09-04-2006, 05:56 PM
Good luck with it all Smudgley! Would be great to see work in progress piccies :p