PDA

View Full Version : Looks like I've got a bargain ....

Juliet
08-04-2006, 09:25 PM
I've just been looking for a picture of my new cat activity thingy to show you on the introductions page. I bought it at Costco for £35 and it's selling for an awful lot more on the net so if you want a bargain ..... Costco's the place!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v204/Teddy1/rome_large.jpg
Be warned it's massive though ...
142cm x 58cm x 42cm

Jx

EmmaG
08-04-2006, 09:32 PM
Wow your cats are going to love that!!!

Fran
08-04-2006, 09:35 PM
It's very similar to mine and I paid over £90 at PAH :shock: I haven't heard of Costco though :?

Congrats on getting such a great bargain!!

Julie84
08-04-2006, 10:29 PM
I *think* Costco is an American company so I would guess the original poster is in the USA? It certainly does look like like a lot of fun! :)

I think the best place for activity centres in the UK is online at www.zooplus.co.uk (http://www.zooplus.co.uk) or Lidl when they have their pet stock (which is where mine is from).

Juliet
08-04-2006, 10:37 PM
No Costco's over here. It's a fab shop full of bargains. You need to buy membership but your card soon pays for itself.

http://www.costco.co.uk/

Jx

Julie84
08-04-2006, 11:15 PM
Ooh, thank you very much! I've only ever seen of/heard of them in America (and Canada). Can anyone buy a card or do you have to have a business or something (think os Makro)? Definitely a bargain if it's over here! :-D

ETA: Looking at the website, it seems you have to be a business owner/manager to be able to get a card so I wouldn't be able to get a card anyway. :(

Snoof
09-04-2006, 01:23 AM
Makro exists in England?! Oh it feels like Christmas has come again :-D

Awesome bargain, Juliet!

Mags
09-04-2006, 10:46 AM
What a bargain!! Someone is going to have great fun with that!!:lol:

Juliet
09-04-2006, 10:47 AM
No you don't have to have your own business - I don't. Why don't you give them a ring and tell them what you or your other half does and ask if you qualify for membership. You get a free spouse card.
You just need to take some ID, a utility bill and your payslip with you when you join :)

CJK
09-04-2006, 10:50 AM
i know there a costco at lakeside (thurrock) and one in newcastle upon tyne.
Theyre like a HUGE cash n carry, you need a card to get in, various ways of getting one. I had one once as medical staff can get.
It's a fab place, they do MASSIVE birthday cakes for 9.99
Theyre sponge, but massive.
they also do fab washing powder, and tonnes of stuff.
Well worth a look if you can get in.

My cat tower came from lidl, a complete bargain at 19.99. think youa lls eeen my one enough lol.

Sweet
09-04-2006, 03:59 PM
Your kitty will love that x

Julie84
10-04-2006, 12:13 PM
No you don't have to have your own business - I don't. Why don't you give them a ring and tell them what you or your other half does and ask if you qualify for membership. You get a free spouse card.
You just need to take some ID, a utility bill and your payslip with you when you join :)

I'll try that then, thanks. I did ask my other half about it and he said he has been and asked them before but maybe they have changed their policy since then? Either way, I've just realised my dad owns his own business so could prove useful! :lol:

Snoof, yep, Makro is in England. My parents bought my sister a huge trampoline from there for her birthday! :)

Kay
10-04-2006, 01:44 PM
That is brilliant a bit your cats are having a fantastic time on that.