PDA

View Full Version : 1st cattery stay.

samwise
08-04-2006, 08:02 PM
I have been on holiday for 3 weeks and put my 2 in a cattery for the first time :( . I think I was more worried than them! :oops:
They were absolutely fine! The place was wonderful! It was brand new and purpose built etc etc. It was absolutely spotless and the lady was wonderful! She even asked for a last cuddle of my 2 before they went home! She said she had fallen for them both, especially Sammy! Mind you..........she probably says that to everyone :roll: . But I was chuffed anyway!
I have 2 very happy cats that seem to have velcro on them! They have not left my side since I have been home. I even woke up last night and Frankie (white one) was under the quilt with me! :shock: :lol:

Donna
08-04-2006, 08:05 PM
So glad your cats were fine on their holiday whilst you were away. We do worry about our kitties dont we = as much as the children sometimes!!

Bet they happy to see you though!!!

Fran
08-04-2006, 08:27 PM
So glad they enjoyed their holiday :-D Perhaps you will feel a little more relaxed next time they go to the cattery?

samwise
08-04-2006, 08:32 PM
I was especially worried about Sammy, as he is an outdoor cat. Hardly ever inside unless he is hungry or the weather is revolting! He coped really well! One thing I will say (I will make another thread) is that they had to be put in separate pens as Frankie bullied Sammy! I would like some tips on how to reduce this.

dandysmom
08-04-2006, 08:47 PM
I'm so glad yours had a good experience!! I only used a cattery once, boarded my Siamese for 2 weeks vacation & he hardly ate, had lost 2 pounds when I got home, & was a nervous wreck for days!! This was a very reputable cattery; it was just his temperament. Never boarded a cat since then.

dinahsmum
09-04-2006, 10:08 AM
It depends very much on both the cat and the cattery (and its operators). I've been happy when I boarded mine but have also been content to leave them at home to be fed by a neighbour. As I said, it depends, there's no hard & fast rule.

Mags
09-04-2006, 10:11 AM
Pleased to hear your cats were fine in the catery Lianne...

We put Cassie in in a lovely cattery in the countryside every year. Like you, the first time I worried non stop about her but she was absolutely fine. They fed her what ever she wanted, she was brushed every day and talked to and played with. I have no problems about leaving her there now....

Sweet
09-04-2006, 04:02 PM
Since having Violet I have never had to leave her, but I would be worried also, but I am sure it would be fine x