PDA

View Full Version : Feeding...bowls vs. plates

dandysmom
08-04-2006, 02:58 AM
Occurred to me after reading the Bowls thread that apparently most, if not all of you feed in bowls. I've always fed mine on plates, and so do my 2 other cat owning friends...is this maybe a UK - US thing? Silly question, maybe, but it got me to wondering ....?? Why do you use bowls?

CathyW
08-04-2006, 08:43 AM
ive got 3 plates i use (not at the same time) plus a big bowl for dried food,
and loads of water bowls scattered around the flat :D

Fran
08-04-2006, 08:43 AM
I ocasionally feed on saucers but tend to find that the food ends up all over :roll: They tend to be less messy eaters if they have their food in bowls :?

Snoof
08-04-2006, 12:11 PM
What Fran said. Ninja gets meaty flakes everywhere even when his food's in a bowl :roll: So I'm not really willing to tidy the mess he'd make if I fed him on a saucer.

Sweet
08-04-2006, 01:55 PM
Feeding bowls here :) x

Mags
08-04-2006, 03:25 PM
I use bowls as I find them less messy....http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/7.gif

Jac
08-04-2006, 03:28 PM
I use bowls on a stand. That way it's less mess and you dont knock them over accidently. Well that's the theory anyway, unless you have three footless fools that dont watch where there going. (male two legged variety)

yola
08-04-2006, 04:14 PM
Feeding bowls here too! However when I'm feeding treats such as chicken or tuna they tend to be on saucers.

Donna
08-04-2006, 07:38 PM
Feeding bowls for me, as that is just what was in the pet store when I got my first kitten!!! They do hold things better I think.

Booktigger
08-04-2006, 07:52 PM
I always fed out of bowls cos that is what I saw other people do, but Pebbles won't eat out of a bowl, she was brought up with a saucer - Ginger and Snowy used to get the double bowls so I could give them two different types of food in the hope they would like one of them!! Tom, Molly and Ginger make a terrible mess if they get given food on a saucer (although Tom managed not to drop a crumb when he jumped on top of hte cage to finish some food!!!). Treats tend to be given on saucers though.

dandysmom
08-04-2006, 08:42 PM
Interesting views! Apparently I have been blessed with cats that don't make a mess when they eat!! Also, keep a cheap plastic placemat under the plate so if something does get dislodged (and with my "clean plate club" that rarely happens:-D) it can be easily cleaned. And why I use plates....because my Mom did!! Grew up that way & never occurred to me to change :-D

Julie84
08-04-2006, 10:36 PM
I use bowls too. They have a place mat and still manage to get food on the floor though! :roll: