PDA

View Full Version : Both poorly!

dinahsmum
07-04-2006, 02:18 PM
Oh my! :(
Tizzie is having a bad Alzheimer-esque period at the moment, symptoms of which include staring absently into space but also peeing and pooping anywhere. :(
Mini is also acting strangely, is noisier than usual, and wants food all the time. She returned her breakfast this morning.:( Her eyes look heavy.

As ever, these things come to a head just before the weekend (but my vet does have a Saturday morning surgery, and is available any time for emergencies).
So, they're both under observation and will be off to the vet on Monday if they're no better (or before if they take a real turn for the worse)
Why does it have to be both of them together?
Or maybe I'm just being a bit hyper over Min not being herself. I have been conditioning myself to the thought that this will probably be Tizz's last summer (the CRF again :( )
And I'm wondering if this is really the right time to get kittens.
Ho hum.

CJK
07-04-2006, 02:31 PM
Oh Dm, i hope both your cats will be okay. It's always a worrying time when pets are sick.
Fingers crossed theyre ok

Donna
07-04-2006, 03:38 PM
Hope they are just having a few "off days" but keeping fingers crossed anyway x

Mags
07-04-2006, 03:48 PM
I do hope Mini and Tizz will be well again soon DM......as Donna said, maybe they are just off colour for a couple of days. Fingers crossed they will be better soon......

yola
07-04-2006, 03:49 PM
It IS a worry isn't it? DM, I hope both girls are OK. Fifi had an 'off' few days earlier in the week, but leaving her alone to get through it seemed to work. Sometimes it's all it needs - but always worth watching closely too!

Fran
07-04-2006, 03:54 PM
Sorry to hear this DM :( Really hope it is just an 'off' day rather than anything more serious

Snoof
07-04-2006, 04:05 PM
I hope it's an off day, DM. :(

Booktigger
07-04-2006, 06:45 PM
Fingers crossed it isn't anything serious.

Elaine
07-04-2006, 06:49 PM
So sorry DM, I didnt realise Tizzi had crf too. I hope they both start to pick up and feel better very very soon xxx

deester
07-04-2006, 08:53 PM
Sorry to hear your cats are under the weather hope they both pick up very soon. Hugs to them both.

Moli
07-04-2006, 08:59 PM
Hope they both pick up soon DM, let us know how they go...........

dandysmom
07-04-2006, 09:14 PM
I hope they both perk up soon; it's so worrying. Patches has an Aldzheimers spell every so often, yells piercingly for no apparent reason, stares, etc. but has always snapped out of it; I'm hoping yours will also!

Sweet
07-04-2006, 09:17 PM
Awwww poor darlings.....sending big huggles from Violet and Myself x x x

dinahsmum
08-04-2006, 09:00 AM
Mini is fine - probably suffering from gluttony again - she is a pig!
Tizz is not so good. Didn't eat very much breakfast (the only real time she eats now) and her eyes look sunken.
Have to go away and think.

CJK
08-04-2006, 09:03 AM
Oh DM, i hope Tizz will be ok, do keep us up-to-date.
Will be keeping fingers crossed

Fran
08-04-2006, 09:04 AM
Glad to hear Mini is back to her old self. Perhaps might be worth getting the vet to look Tizz over? It might be something quite simple to sort out? I hope Tizz feels a little better later on DM x

dinahsmum
08-04-2006, 09:37 AM
I have a vet appointment for Monday morning.
If she picks up over the next 2 days we will see if there's any simple treatment to improve her life.
If she stays as she is or deteriorates, well I have a little time to get used to the idea that maybe it is her time.
I don't want to extend her life just for the sake of it, but I had hoped she would have the summer. We'll see.

Snoof
08-04-2006, 12:13 PM
Big hugs to you, DM, and I hope it's not yet time for you to make that decision.

dinahsmum
08-04-2006, 03:12 PM
I hope so too Snoof but I tend to go with the theory of life being like a piece of elastic - you can stretch it, but stretch too far and it's no use at all :(
We'll see.
If a steroid jab might give her a couple of enjoyable summer months, that would be nice. She doesn't look happy now :(

Mags
08-04-2006, 03:17 PM
I hope the vet will be able to help Tizz on Monday DM.....((((hugs))))

Snoof
08-04-2006, 03:29 PM
I agree with you, DM - but it's nicer if you have more elastic so you don't have to stretch it. You'll be in my thoughts on Monday.

yola
08-04-2006, 04:10 PM
Oh, I hope so too. Maybe she'll perk up over the weekend.

Booktigger
08-04-2006, 07:59 PM
Fingers crossed for good news on Mon, it is so worrying when they have a chronic illness and start getting worse. It does sound like you will do the best by her, and not just keep her going for you.

samwise
08-04-2006, 08:05 PM
Fingers crossed for you! I do hope she will perk up! I will be thinking of you on Monday!

Donna
08-04-2006, 08:07 PM
Fingers crossed for you over the weekend, and let the vet do his once over to see if he can help x

Kazz
08-04-2006, 08:53 PM
My apologises for not picking this post up sooner so much going on in my life at the moment :roll:

Hope Monday is a happy day for you DM - Although I think your two girls may be "connected -telepathicaly" with my Cleo their "signs" are signs she is showing all by herself.:roll: Old age - a war we won't win, but possibly a victory or two along the way, is not a lot to ask.;)

Karen