PDA

View Full Version : MASSIVE ginger tom!

CJK
07-04-2006, 08:48 AM
I can honestly say I have never really seen a Ginger Tom up close before.
BUT there has been one hanging about my garden for the past 2-3 days,and I must say He is MASSIVE.
Wow dont they grow big.

He only has half a tail, and seeing how he behaving I reckon he lost the rest in a scrap or something. I kept my boys in last night cos the tom was hanging about, and Twix really doesnt like any other cats in his garden, so kept having little scraps with him.
I was a bit worried it would turn into a bigger scrap.

Night before last Ryan woke me up about MIdnight telling me there was a cat int hte garden yoewling. I heard it too, but couldnt see anything, and no way was I walking up and down at that time of night!
Possibly the Tom cat. Heard it out front a bit last night, but soona s I opened my window he ran off.

Got my camera at the ready though, see if i can snap him when he coems back next.
Not got the courage to go see if he friendly or not lol!

Sweet
07-04-2006, 09:29 AM
I used to have a huge black and white one hanging around, he/she wasnt friendly to Violet or Mazy the next doors kitten so I always chased it out and never seen him/her again. We get lots of different cats come in and laze around - touch wood they all seem to get on x

emma_pen
07-04-2006, 09:40 AM
If I were you, I would snaffle him and get him tested for FIV/FeLV and castrated, then release him again. If you're not brave enough, get the RSPCA or CPL to do it.

If he's a real fighter, chances are he could have FIV and could pass it on to your cats.

CJK
07-04-2006, 09:42 AM
he's not my cat to do that to so i dont see it as my place to get him neutered.

CathyW
08-04-2006, 08:50 AM
i used to throw a jug of water over any strays that came into my garden for a fight.

CJK
08-04-2006, 09:02 AM
oh I dont know that he's a stray, just that he is a HUGE ginger tom cat.
He does appear to be well cared for, not underwieght no scraggy fur or anything.

Jac
08-04-2006, 04:23 PM
He he I just let the dog out.

emma_pen
09-04-2006, 12:55 PM
Even though he's not yours, I would ring the RSPCA if he has balls. Even if he has an owner, he shouldn't be out entire, fighting and mating all over the place.