PDA

View Full Version : How to plant a hanging basket

CJK
05-04-2006, 08:44 PM
saw this and thought of....donna!!! (sorry)

thought it may come in handy for anybody as uselss at gardening as me

http://www.bbc.co.uk/gardening/basics/techniques/plant_hangingbasket.shtml#plants_to_try

Mags
05-04-2006, 08:47 PM
There you go girls, you can't go wrong now!!:D:D

Good link CJ!

Fran
05-04-2006, 08:50 PM
Still don't think I could do it :oops: I really am hopeless in the garden :roll:

Good link CJ!

CJK
05-04-2006, 08:50 PM
well there is another way.

go to a shop that sells them pre-made lol

Fran
05-04-2006, 08:52 PM
well there is another way.

go to a shop that sells them pre-made lol

Now that's my type of gardening CJ ;) :-D

Donna
05-04-2006, 08:52 PM
Thanks Cj!!!

CJK
05-04-2006, 09:07 PM
anybody want 30,000 ( yes thirty thousand) lobelia monsoon seeds for 3.30 plus 30p postage? going on ebay. I'd have no garden left if i planted all of those:shock:

CJK
05-04-2006, 09:09 PM
i have ALWAYS wanted some aloe vera plants, had three,killed em all.
had some venus fly trap seeds too, killed them as well.
also had a monkey plant when i was a student nurse- killed that as well!!!

I do like exotic or diff plants, but kill em all. LOVE BONSAI'S but not even going there!!!!!

dandysmom
05-04-2006, 09:16 PM
That was a good link, CJ. Isn't the Web teriffic; we can find things so easily & share them...what did we do without it? I wish I lived near you; would send a cutting of aloe vera: mine is huge & over 12 years old; havee shared cuttings with friends...I can't live without it, not that I am klutzy in the kitchen:roll: but there is nothing like it to soothe the pain of a slight burn & to kep it from bad blistering!!!! Bonsai...don't go there!!!!!:-D

CJK
05-04-2006, 09:18 PM
i had a friend who used to break off a small piece of her ello vera as she caled it, and rub the sap on her face everyday, she had lovely skin.
I know bonsai are notoriously hard to grow and keep, so never trying that lol

smudgley
05-04-2006, 11:12 PM
There is another way............ get your mother-in-law to do them :oops:

Mags
05-04-2006, 11:13 PM
:lol: @Smudgley!

smudgley
05-04-2006, 11:18 PM
:lol: @Smudgley!

Pssst. Don't tell anyone - but my hubby is a gardener & his mom still does our baskets every year :oops:

Mags
05-04-2006, 11:19 PM
:shock::shock::shock:..........:smt005:smt005:smt0 05.....shan't say a word!!

CJK
06-04-2006, 07:24 AM

are you joking?
If you had EVER met my MIL you would NOT say that.
I banned her from coming into my house after a year of non stop abuse, interferring and criticism.
First time I met her she looked me up and down, turned round to my hubby ( then boyfriend) and said " i'm suprised at you, look at the size of HER!" (and i was a lot thinnner then too). And it went from abd to worse. On wedding day she told huby he'd be an idiot to marry me, I not good enough for him, and he should come home with her immediatly. ( He did tell her to f*** off at that point!)
And that is just to mention two things.
She took great delight in making fun of me for 6 months after we found out i am 60 % deaf in one ear and 20% in the other, all the jokes like "pardon" if i spoke to her or " sorry can't hear you"
or " oh you heard THAT did you" when she was standing in MY kitchen bad mounthing me to her mum and my hubby.

so, no thanks, wont be asking my MIL for anything at any time ever,lol