PDA

View Full Version : can anybody identify these plants for me plz?

CJK
05-04-2006, 08:41 PM
http://www.plantconnection.co.uk/__12_product_info3_asp1_5_prdID4_78626.html

i really liek them for the cat baskets but dont know what they are!

Mags
05-04-2006, 08:45 PM
It looks like blue petunias, white/pale pink busy lizzies and white lobelia to me CJ......:D

CJK
05-04-2006, 08:46 PM
oooooooh thanks mags, now i can go buy. ( cant afford 6 lots of 9.99 each i afraid)
see if i can find the erm..seeeds, or bulbs or whatever they come in lol

THANK YOU

Mags
05-04-2006, 08:53 PM
If you can afford it you may be better off buying plug plants now CJ. They cost about £2.99 for approx 18 - 24 plants. Then you just need to carefully transplant them into a tray, keep them indoors (the cold nights will probably kill them if you leave them outside now) and they will be ready to plant outside towards the end of May.....

dandysmom
05-04-2006, 09:04 PM
The picture is too small to be sure, but I agree with Mags: blue is definitely petunia & think the rest is what she said. They all grow from seed, but be warned, CJ, petunia seed is incredibly tiny & can take up to 3 weeks to germinate. It's marked in my T & M catalogy=ue as "diffcult". Lobelia & impatiens also have long germination times from seed, but much easier for someone who's not too used to starting from seed. Good luck, looks as if they will mke a beautiful hanging basket!! Let us know!!

CJK
05-04-2006, 09:05 PM
ahh thanks for the info there. I dont mind paying that. just that £60 to do 6 hanging baskets is a bit above my gardening budget.
OOOOh think i shall be off to the garden center with hubby sunday

before reading this i did jsut bidonf these on ebay:

900 petunia colorama mixed
150 busy lizzie-safari mixed
and
1250 lobelia cascade mixed.

but i can save em for next year,

Mags
05-04-2006, 09:13 PM
It is a lot cheaper to buy your plants somewhere like B & Q, Focus, Wilkinsons....or any DIY store with a gardening section. You will probably have to pay top price at a Garden Centre.

CJK
05-04-2006, 09:20 PM
thanks mags, bear that in mind, and maybe take a trip to focus, there one mile down road from me.
see, where would i be without all of you?