PDA

View Full Version : been to poundland again

CJK
05-04-2006, 04:33 PM
Boy do I wish that I hadnt spent nearly all my money BEFORE going to poundland.
They got rose bushes,shrubs, bulbs, seed trays, all sorts of planters.

I got one bush rose ( dont ask me what the diff between a bush rose and any other kind is i dont have a clue) also got a starter kit of pansy seeds. ( has the seeds, seed tray, greenhouse lid and compost in) (100 seeds)
Also got a pack of 6 asiatic mixture lilies in (bulbs).

AND guess what they still had in at 50p each?

The cat hanging baskets, you prob wont remember but ages ago after seeing that somebody else on here got some i went and brought two, then got home and wished I had got more. So I got four today.

Now i have 6 baskets and not a clue what to put into them.

Have gone nuts on flowers this year, what with the two packs of nigella seeds, two packs cronflowers, four packs snow cloth, two packs marigolds, the kids each growing a pack of love in the mist, got 5 primula plants already planted, the new rose bush, lilies and pansy seeds.

should look a heck of a lot better, and ALL that lot has only cost me £7!!!!
PLEASE be sunnny tomorrow so i can do some gardening!!

Sweet
05-04-2006, 04:40 PM
You will have to post pics CJ x

CJK
05-04-2006, 05:55 PM
darned stupid woman.

I forgot lilies are poisonous to cats. I just planted them, thought may as well while weather's good.
Once they start to grow I'll give them to my mum or a neighbour.
I knew i should ahve got the freesias and not lilies!!! I just love liles so much.

While we were in garden i noticed quite a few seeds are growing, think it the cornflowers. So that's a good start.

My dad just rang and said he hopes I not planting 100 pansy's cos my garden is nowhere near big enough for 100 plants lol. well it WOULD look colourfull lmao

Fran
05-04-2006, 06:04 PM
You'll have to post the piccies when they all flower CJ :p

Think it was Smudgley who first posted about the cat hanging baskets to put outside her rescue cat pens..

Mags
05-04-2006, 06:34 PM
It sounds like you are going to have a very colourful garden this year CJ! :cool:

CJK
05-04-2006, 07:01 PM
sounds like i may have gone a bit over board, i have no idea how many seeds i need or anything. never mind if i got no room i can find a bit of waste ground somewhere to cheer up

CJK
05-04-2006, 07:02 PM
all those plants, plus 6 hanging planters, boy am i gonna have a bad year for hayfever now lol

Donna
05-04-2006, 07:23 PM
Plant them all up and then stay indoors the whole summer CJ!!!

candyshandy
05-04-2006, 07:28 PM
I got those seed starter trays too last week cjk!

I also bought a collapsible pet tent - £1 bargain!!!:D

CJK
05-04-2006, 07:43 PM
i seen those pet tents for ages and not known wether to get one, aways decided not to as my lot got tonnes of cat beds, igloos, and hidey holes under beds etc.

bedford poundland got a lot of good gardening stuff in, going back tues/weds to get some more stuff ( gotta return an x-box game i got ryan that he already owns lol) Tempted to get some more plants but not sure we need them lol.

candyshandy
05-04-2006, 08:10 PM
I've bought it for the summer when they go in the garden :)

CJK
05-04-2006, 08:11 PM
hmm, now that's not a bad idea for the garden, the boys do sit int he kids playhouse sometimes, but thier own nice bit of shade wouldnt go a miss i dont reckon